Dell Inspiron Mini 9 ?

jns_mt

839 posts in this topic

This will disable bluetooth completely. The only way to re-enable bluetooth will be by reinstalling Mac OS X or using the terminal.

Open the folder /System/Library/Extensions and delete or move the files IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext.

Eeehh, not sure if I wanna make that kind of a commitment, lol... I might use a bluetooth mouse every now and then, so don't wanna kill it completely.

How about just turning it off in bios? That could work... I'm just wondering if it comes back in OS X if you re-enable it later.

I assume it would... but... you know... lol

I've been lurking on here waiting for my Mini to come in. Ordered it last week and Dell originally said it wouldn't ship until Oct 28th... but DHL mysteriously showed up at my door yesterday morning with it. Funny I ordered 2GB RAM from newegg the same day as ordering from Dell and the laptop arrived first!

Anyhow,, thanks everyone for the hard work... Once I recieved my Mini I popped in the boot disk, loaded OSX, installed the bootloader and was off and running within an hour. I did however had trouble with CI/QE using the boot132 package and had to revert back to Darkten's first method using chameleon. Once I did that everything has been flawless, of course with the exception of card reader and sleep.

Thanks again.

Eeehh, not sure if I wanna make that kind of a commitment, lol... I might use a bluetooth mouse every now and then, so don't wanna kill it completely.

How about just turning it off in bios? That could work... I'm just wondering if it comes back in OS X if you re-enable it later.

I assume it would... but... you know... lol

yeah .. well its not that big of a deal .. u just need to re-install the kexts using kext helper or whatever .. and do a quick reboot and its back....

however ... i really didn't notice much of a difference ... (battery life wise).... so i just put them back....

but your right a more elegant solution would be nice...

Hmm, SerialNum=... doesn't seem to be working here. Type11, why do you have both AppleSMBIOS and AppleSMBIOSEFI in your set of kexts. AFAIK they do the same thing.

Actually I must admit I can't tell you the exact reason to have both (I assume it has to do with EFI support though ;-) ) but I can tell you if you remove AppleSMBIOS for instance cool book does not work if you remove AppleSMBIOSEFI the battery indicator does not work right

hmm i thought it had two dedicated cores. well i cannot get qe working. think i may go down the efi strings in the boot.plist.

on the serial number topic, i see a proper serial if i verbose boot, but when it gets into os x it has turned into the generic hackintosh one!

on the serial number topic, i see a proper serial if i verbose boot, but when it gets into os x it has turned into the generic hackintosh one!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is verbose boot? (Or how do I find my proper serial #?) If I could find a proper serial # I'd like to pass it on the boot line in the com.apple.Boot file instead of making one up.

I guess I'm also unsure about how much it matters whether a proper serial is used or a made-up one is used. Does it matter?

Thanks.

Quick question regarding Bluetooth:

Has anyone ordered a Ubuntu Mini9 with Bluetooth and then put OSX on it? Do you have to make sure to turn the BT on in Ubuntu before you install OSX, like you do with XP?

I would just about bet on it

I've been watching all the posts on the mini and found all the methods to install fantastic and easy enough for even the most casual user...but please could someone be a hero and solve the power / sleep issue. I for one would be so grateful.

Lets solve world hunger first...

Honestly, this is an unsupported operating system running on a unsupported device.. Be thankful it works as well as it does.

ps. thanks guys, fantastic work.

Lets solve world hunger first...

Honestly, this is an unsupported operating system running on a unsupported device.. Be thankful it works as well as it does.

ps. thanks guys, fantastic work.

World hunger???.... I don't think we'll be solving that here.

It's clear that all 3 methods of installation work, and people keep asking about how to install correctly when it's already been covered. Let's talk about fixing sleep and getting the SD card reader working. And to be clear, I totally appreciate all the time and effort put in by people all around the world to help people like me run OSX beyond it's limits....you know who you are.

Though I did not have QE problems with my first iso I think I figured out why some might have. I have posted a new iso. please see post at

http://mydellmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=331

Note: if you already have it installed and have not jacked up too many things ;-) You can get iso mount it, mount install,dmg and just run miniscript again without need for reinstall.