Dell Inspiron Mini 9 ?

jns_mt

839 posts in this topic

yes repairing permissions can take ages....

you have to boot with -f, this will force osx to reload all kexts, -v will let you see if anything goes wrong.

i dont think it should be a problem as long as all traces of the installer are gone

doing repair permission right now taking awhile.. when i reboot do i HAVE TO do -f -v? that is what you type in right ? boot: -f -v ?

plus i use the msi wind dvd so i didnt go though everything else. hope this works..

oh the files are fine i was being stupid opening it in windows lol.

UPDATE - seem like it freezing at the point where it say can't find host time.apple.com no severs can be use, exiting. had to force shutdown and reboot. im just going to try doing -f this time. frooze at the circling thingy..

still no sound after force shutdown and reboot..

which kexts did you install?

have a look in system profiler and see what kexts are loaded, also tell me what the audio infomation says.

remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext if it is in your extensions folder also,

try a -v flag on next boot up and look for any errors about audio.

Intel High Definition audo

deviceid - 0x10280280

audo id 12

avaliable devices : nothing is there

how do i remove the ktext and where do i find them?

and for some reason when i boot with -f , the system freezes multiple times... at the loading screen with the circle , or it pass the loading screen and just have a blue screen nothing else.

Intel High Definition audo

deviceid - 0x10280280

audo id 12

avaliable devices : nothing is there

how do i remove the ktext and where do i find them?

and for some reason when i boot with -f , the system freezes multiple times... at the loading screen with the circle , or it pass the loading screen and just have a blue screen nothing else.

kexts are located in /System/Library/Extensions, check in there for AppleAzaliaAudio. then afterwards go to /System/Library there should be extensions.mkext, delete that (it will ask for your password) then restart with just a -v flag. Leopard will say something about rebuilding system caches, just ok it and cross your fingers....

okay giving it a try right now. ill keep u posted.

b4 the system rebooted , apple said it updating cache .. it always does tat when i do any ktext {censored} for audio. not sure if it a problem just letting it out there

doing -v right now

it found a problem , and repair.. not sure it went kinda fast . then booted to mac. still no sound.. sigh.

do u use the ktext easy installer? or did u just place the files in the extension directory?

no i didnt. this is the fresh install . i only ran chremion for my wifi and then update then chremion again for wifi turn on. that about it.

i want to retry this. so how do i remove the audio ktext? just delete it and do easy install and repair and do -v? and do u got aim or something? pm me it so we can easier over the chat then forum thanks!

I've been watching this message board for a while and decided to buy the Mini 9 since I'm tired of brining my MBPro out of the house when I need to use it. I don't want to loose such an expensive machine, not saying that the Mini 9 is a drop in the bucket.

I want to use the Darken method, and created a Leopard install from USB (from when Leopard first came out), with all the rest of the items needed, but I want to make sure if the boot selection of 9f and 80 are the same since I won't being using a DVD drive, but a USB hard drive for the Leopard Install, and a USB stick for the boot image.

Again, thanks for all the work that everyone has put into the thread!! Now only if it was the 6th of Nov so I can get started.............

well i finally managed to get audio working for nnguyen, it would appear that the msi wind distro has altered a couple of things, but another kext from my vanilla install sorted it out. ill post it laters if anybody else is running into difficulties.

I've been watching this message board for a while and decided to buy the Mini 9 since I'm tired of brining my MBPro out of the house when I need to use it. I don't want to loose such an expensive machine, not saying that the Mini 9 is a drop in the bucket.

I want to use the Darken method, and created a Leopard install from USB (from when Leopard first came out), with all the rest of the items needed, but I want to make sure if the boot selection of 9f and 80 are the same since I won't being using a DVD drive, but a USB hard drive for the Leopard Install, and a USB stick for the boot image.

Again, thanks for all the work that everyone has put into the thread!! Now only if it was the 6th of Nov so I can get started.............

this is how i installed leopard, why use darktens method (no offense darkten) when you can use the efi method?

Hi to all Dell Mini 9 Users.

I'm thinking of getting one, I have a few questions.

1. How long is the battery life? -on OSX

2. Can you guys control the brightness of the screen using the FN+(Function) key? -on OSX

3. Is it hot? -on OSX

Thank you in Advance.

Hi to all Dell Mini 9 Users.

I'm thinking of getting one, I have a few questions.

1. How long is the battery life? -on OSX

2. Can you guys control the brightness of the screen using the FN+(Function) key? -on OSX

3. Is it hot? -on OSX

Thank you in Advance.

These are probably better asked in the Mini9 forums, rather than this thread that is supposed to be about Installing OSX onto the Mini9.. But anyways.. Battery life is 3+ hours. Load doesn't seem to make a difference in that, I watched 3 hours of video last night on battery. Yes, you can control the screen brightness, and it remembers what you had it set to when you switch from battery to AC, it has dual brightness modes, just like in any other OS on this machine. It's no hotter than in any other OS.

@ Smoothy

"this is how i installed leopard, why use darktens method (no offense darkten) when you can use the efi method?"

Is Type 11's method better? It seems to me that they are both pretty much the same, just where the kexts reside.

Smoothy, thanks for those sound drivers. Auto switching to headphones is quite nice, as is shutting down without kernel panics. Good Job.

hey thanks, but im merely the messenger, it was not me that put aside the time to figure it out... the praise is all collit99s

Can anyone re upload the files for the audio that post smoothy. 10 downloads limit rapidshare problem ;)

Anyone know if these sound drivers are in "Type11 and all the other people that deserve credit" method's latest install iso?

It is getting confusing with what needs to be used when, where, how.... :D

Thanks

Can anyone re upload the files for the audio that post smoothy. 10 downloads limit rapidshare problem :(

Thanks =P

ps. one looong week for mini arrival =)

i reuploaded them already get them here. As mentioned above, use the AppleHDA.kext in the first zip if you need a line in, if not delete it, and unzip the other zip file and install that AppleHDA.kext.

Its my understanding that the sd slot works under linux and if we could get it ported to darwin we could make the sd slot work? If anyone can upload the linux driver or atleast give me the model of the sd slot (i cant be bothered reading the whole thread a third time) then i may be able to get someone to port the driver as i know a fair few programmers who would love the challenge