[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

@anth0ny

thx again for reply.

I hote also that someone help me and u to resolve the restart, shotdown and sleep problems

and that someone can say to me how I can use Snow on my machine.

Thx to all.

Dlab,

The reason you haven't gotten many responses to your posts is that the answers are already here and you didn't look. In a previous post you said "sorry I didn't keep up with this topic can someone tell me what happened". The answer is no. I don't think anyone wants to summarize the thread for you, especially since there are many small things that matter. Many of us spend time watching and reading and I think we expect the same of you. You can ask specific questions if you make a reasonable attempt to read and understand. Otherwise I don't think people will have much sympathy.

So. There is a post in this thread that give an exact method for installing Snow. Go look for it, I know english is not your first language but don't be lazy and expect other people to do your work for you. It is only good forum etiquette. A good way to search is to use google and search something like "snow guide 1530 site:www.insanelymac.com"

For your information. As has been said many times here, there is currently no solution to shutdown/restart. However, sleep (suspend) should work.

Maybe I am wrong and some kind soul will point you in the right direction. If somebody does this please recognize that it was work for the person who did it.

ciao, vecchio.

@dlach

even if you have not spold good words for me I say thanks for your answer and your time too.

As same you have written, I am Italian and the English is not my language.

Perhaps my question was not clear, I can understands and Im sorry for this to all the peoples.

But I think also that if all answered like u, the forums did not exist and the problems were not resolved. Never.

Therefore it was enough to say that the problem exists and it doesn't have solutions.

I dont love the flame and so, pls sorry again to all the forum users.

Hi, I have a Dell 1330 with Snow Leopard and I have a problem with my USB subsystem.

Apparently at random, when I boot up the notebook it may be or may not be recognized by the system: for example, the inner bluetooth adapter icon sometimes is active and sometimes is greyed out with a "-" sign over it. Obiouvsly, when this happens, also the USB ports are not working.

I tried many different DSDT, I tried changing kext, removing some, adding others, but I always have this problem. At boot, I get this message, but I get it every time, also when USB is working.

06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	USBF:	1.187	AppleUSBEHCI[0x431a000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	USBF:	1.189	AppleUSBEHCI[0x431a000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	USBF:	1.193	AppleUSBEHCI[0x431a000]::start unable to initialize UIM
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	AppleIntelICHxSATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	AppleIntelICHxSATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 832 PCI now active, GUID 384fc00036603470; max speed s400.
06/10/09 12.26.09	kernel	AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled
USBF:	1.295	AppleUSBUHCI[0x4378000]::start unable to initialize UIM

These are the custom kext I have installed in my system:

dsmos.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext
LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext
UUID.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I'm booting in 32 bit mode, and I use this parameter: USBBusFix=Yes, but it apparently changes nothing.

Any suggestion? Which of my kext aren't necessary, and which one maybe I am missing (also not related with USB problem)?

Thank you!

fmulder

post your dsdt ill try and fix it for you

ATM i'm using this one.. I found it in a post in this thread.

one more question: which kext should I have and which should I remove/edit to have SpeedStep enabled? The DSDT is already modified with my CPU P-States (T7250), but i'm not sure it is working.

thx

DSDT.aml.zip

i've started a new DSDT from scratch so far adding: HPET patch, some renaming of devices and EHCI patch

using bits and pieces from all over the web

so far

my LHS USB is working perfect with HPET and USB patches applied

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loading

Sleep/Wake is working

clamshell sleep

p-states

to do:

C-States

PCI Devices

Audio/Video Injection

Hi Timmy,

I have the same cpu/gfx... The new DSDT looks awesome! The PCI devices are showing actual info and the usb works great! Were you able to get Deep Sleep hibernate to work? The system goes into Deep-Sleep (mode3) but it fails to wake up even with ForceWake. Any ideas?

All the ssdt data is in my dsdt posted above under scope (_PR.CPU0/1) I think including _cst tables

to get a dump take a look at this thread using Linux livecd or everest

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

Ya I actually used those scripts to try to extract the SSDT for my Maximus Formula Desktop Motherboard X38 chipset. Problem is I can only get _PSS information is the SSDT and no _CST?

I can't figure out why either? Is there another way to extract the _CST or c states as they call them?

Isn't there also an LPC state as well? I don't see anything about LPC at all in your SSDT?

Maybe I have the acronym wrong?

got some good news

thanks to Slice

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

we now have voodoohda support for our internal microphones, hdmi, and all audio ports (ex. front mic at the moment) w/ working mute

the sound corruption after sleep issue is still present

HDMI audio doesn't seem to work on Leopard 10.5.8 on my machine. Is this everyone else's experience as well?

timmyj9 I have actually used those tools before and they work great. I extracted my SSDT tables for the Asus Maximus Desktop Motherboard X38 chipset.

The SSDT only contains information on _PSS p states and not CST c states,

I can't figure out why? manufacturer must have hidden it somewhere lol.

Any other way of finding CST information? I tried using koalala's Windows PAtcher, it has a feature that will actually extract DSDT from the BIOS.rom firmware you download from the manufacturer's sites.

No CST there.

Will your DSDT work for a T9500 processor and M8600 256 meg graphics card? If nto what will I have to modify? Maybe the OperationRegions for CPU0 and CPU1?

run cpui to check in snow 32-bit

you dont have disabler right

if appleintelcpupowermanagement and acpi_smc platform plugin.kext are loaded and your dsdt is correct it should work

try that im not certain if itll work or not though

Hi timmyj9,

I have tried your DSDT and changed some kext and now USB works, thanks... anyway, I don't know if speedstep is working, because CPUi always detect my cpu speed at 790 mhz (every p-state is "strange", like 1890 mhz instead of 2000 maximum speed), while CoolBook always detect speed at 800 mhz. Moreover, xbench gives me low CPU results, so I think it is really going at 800 mhz. Any suggestion? Can you give me a link or upload your appleintelcpupowermanagement and acpi_smc platform plugin kexts, so I can try yours?

Another problem is that I cannot use VoodooBattery.kext. It gives me KP. Anyway, when I use the DellBootCD DSDT, it works flawless, and it detects my battery status (but I don't have USB). Can you help me joining my working DSDT with just the battery things from the DSDT of the CD? I attach them here.

Thanks!

DSDT.cd.nousb_batteryok.dsl.zip

DSDT.usbworking_nobattery.dsl.zip

fmulder

u have issues using the latest voodoobattery.kext from superhai?

if the cpu locks at 800 its to do with the smbios identifier

i.e. set your model to macbookpro4,1 for best compatibility - it's flexible with pstates

i havent edited any kexts at all at this stage

donkey

mine just seems to do normal sleep with deep sleep switched on, don't really know what to do

oSxFr33k

u tried everest acpi tool? i have about 5 ssdt tables cpupm, cpu0ist, cpu1ist, cpu0cst, cpu1cst

my dsdt is specifically for my T9500, 8600M GT m1530

lpc controller is under pcrb copied names outof mbp41 dsdt

fmulder

i.e. set your model to macbookpro4,1 for best compatibility - it's flexible with pstates

Yes, i'm using latest voodoobattery.kext. If I manually load it with kextload, it always shows that the ac power is plugged.. if I put it in S/L/E, at boot I have KP regarding VoodooBattery and IOACPIFamily. But, if I boot from the DellSnowCD (that uses the DSDT that I posted above) it works fine.

BTW, with acpi_smc_platformplugin.kext you mean the one inside IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext ?

Regarding speedstep, now I have set my model to macbookpro5,1 and it works fine! :wacko::D :D :D

Just in case someone is having the same problem, setting it to macbookpro4 showed this on boot, and speedstep was not enabled:

WARNING - ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - no sub-config match for MacBookPro4,1 with 5 p-states, using default stepper instead

donkey

mine just seems to do normal sleep with deep sleep switched on, don't really know what to do

Thanks for checking. Mine does the regular sleep and it also writes data to disk (blinking disk light in the front of the laptop). It used to go into deep sleep/hibernate AND wake up with PC EFI v9 but after that it won't wake up after deep sleep. The computer wakes up fine with regular sleep setting.

hey everyone I know i dont have a XPS, but I have a Dell Vostro 1510 and I have Snow Leopard 10.6.1 installed and is nearly perfect, I was just wondering if someone could add a fix to my dsdt (to stop osx from resetting my cmos) and to add speedstep to it, I would do it myself, its just I can never compile the dsl to aml without it failing :/, if anyone can help me out that'd be immensly appreciated!! Also i believe that shutdown works on this, because right after the screen shuts off you expect the cpu and stuff to shut off but it doesn't, however if you leave it for like 10sec, and then I believe that the dell itself powers off, so try that and see if it works, however in the same breath restart doesn't work.

DSDT.aml.zip

fmulder

donkey

oSxFr33k

u tried everest acpi tool? i have about 5 ssdt tables cpupm, cpu0ist, cpu1ist, cpu0cst, cpu1cst

my dsdt is specifically for my T9500, 8600M GT m1530

lpc controller is under pcrb copied names outof mbp41 dsdt

Trying it now but I only have windows XP in Vmware FUsion. WIll Everest work in Fusion and be able to extract the ACPT/DSDT/SSDT properly in virtual OS?

If you look in the device manager its all Vmware {censored}.

I hate Winblows but if it means installing a copy just to get the proper tables I guess I will have to do it?

Will a linux Live Ubuntu CD using the ACPIDUMP Command give me the same tables as Everest?

Here is the script I got from ProjextOSX: it does give me all the ACPI tables, a bunch of them and I see the SSDT tables in there as well. It still does not have the _CST stuff in them just the _PSS.

The manufacturer must have done something to the BIOS so it does not release that information into the tables?

Script you run in terminal window as superuser:

mkdir ACPI && dmesg | perl -we '$n=0; while (<>) { if (($t,$a,$l,$o) = (/^[^a-zA-Z]*ACPI: ([-._A-Z0-9]{4,4}) +([0-9A-F]{8,8}), ([0-9A-F]{4,4})+(?:\s*\(([^)]+))?/)) { $o && $o=~s/[^-._a-zA-Z0-9]+/-/g; ($cmd="acpidump -a $a -l $l > \"ACPI/${t}".($o?"_$o":"").".aml\""); print "Running command: \"$cmd\"\n"; system($cmd); ++$n; } } die("No match") unless $n;' && zip -r ACPI-Tables.zip ACPI

Script from thread:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

Hi everyone. I've made a guide for making a custom DSDT.aml for M1330s and M1530s, everything from dumping the tables in Linux to applying the patches. Unfortunately the formatting turned out kinda funky so I'll have to fix it. I know some of you have been working hard on getting these DSDTs working so I'd be interested in hearing your input.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1290964

If anyone is still unaware, the 2 Finger Scroll is now operational on XPS M1530 under the Snow Leopard (10.6.1) by a way of the modified (VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext) VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.

While I am unsure as to who exactly achieved this fix, I am willing to share it with the community if anyone is interested.

If anyone is still unaware, the 2 Finger Scroll is now operational on XPS M1530 under the Snow Leopard (10.6.1) by a way of the modified (VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext) VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.

While I am unsure as to who exactly achieved this fix, I am willing to share it with the community if anyone is interested.

Please do share the files.

The last one I used works, it has two finger scrolling the only problem is that the CMD key has been changed to the windows key insated of ALT...

Do you also have the x64 trackpad.prefpane? someone modified it for leopard but it hasn't been re-modded to work with SL.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I've made a guide for making a custom DSDT.aml for M1330s and M1530s, everything from dumping the tables in Linux to applying the patches. Unfortunately the formatting turned out kinda funky so I'll have to fix it. I know some of you have been working hard on getting these DSDTs working so I'd be interested in hearing your input.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1290964

Thanks, Looks useful :(

EVERYONE WHO NEEDS HELP ABOUT USB PROBLEMS (usb working randomly) SHOULD LOOK HERE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1296962

My last problem is about audio stac9228... I'm using VoodooHDA, and I cannot get audio from speakers. Headphones and mics work as they should, but I don't hear anything from speakers... any help?

@donkey: can you please send me your modded applehda for the stac9228?

EVERYONE WHO NEEDS HELP ABOUT USB PROBLEMS (usb working randomly) SHOULD LOOK HERE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1296962

My last problem is about audio stac9228... I'm using VoodooHDA, and I cannot get audio from speakers. Headphones and mics work as they should, but I don't hear anything from speakers... any help?

@donkey: can you please send me your modded applehda for the stac9228?

try the kext from here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

Well.. apologies for having disapeared from the scene and for continuing this for the next few weeks.... heck... I'm still on 10.5.8...!!

Have a small bugfix to report.

For those who have had problems with VoodooBattery after the 10.5.8 update, here's the fix:

Remove all SMBIOS injectors/mods other than the vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext and use the smbios.plist. Look out for SMBIOSEnabler SMBIOSResolver and AppleSMBIOSEFI kexts.

Look here for details: http://www.superhai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=182

I'm installing SL on my 1330 but I'm getting a Kernel Panic when I boot from my USB disk.

I replaced the UUID on both files but can't figure out what's wrong.

It says:

Failed to load extension com.superhai.driver.PlatformUUID

Couldn't alloc class "PlatformUUID"

12PlatformUUID is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

Kernel Panic is caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Seems none of the extensions in /Extras/Extensions are loading. Any clues? This is on Step 12 of Brett's guide, where I boot from USB in Single User mode to install SL on the HDD.

Thanks!