[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

post-398389-1252666320_thumb.jpgI'm trying to install SL to my M1330 (C2D 2.2GHz/8400GS). I booted from Suerhai's DellSnowCD for M1330, installed SL, then installed Chameleon RC3. After that copied Extension from bootcd to /System/Library/Extensions, then Repaired Disk Permissions with DiskUtility. The last thing I did is used DSDT patcher.

After all this, I get kernel panic, screenshot attached.

Please advise!

Thank you!

post-398389-1252666320_thumb.jpgI'm trying to install SL to my M1330 (C2D 2.2GHz/8400GS). I booted from Suerhai's DellSnowCD for M1330, installed SL, then installed Chameleon RC3. After that copied Extension from bootcd to /System/Library/Preferences, then Repaired Disk Permissions with DiskUtility. The last thing I did is used DSDT patcher.

Please advise!

Thank you!

Hello,

Check your dsdt (permissions, wrong directory) as it stuck on AppleIntelCPU...

or try another dsdt which has speedstep support for M1330. Just had Superhai for that

Tip : Put your added extensions in /Extra/Extensions and not in /System/Library/Extensions as Chameleon is able to load them from there.

You will then be able to know which extensions you added and which are vanilla.

Don't forget to do a kextcache with :

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

Last, if you don't successed in this, verify that you have the NullCPUPower kext.

Good luck.

Hello,

Check your dsdt (permissions, wrong directory) as it stuck on AppleIntelCPU...

or try another dsdt which has speedstep support for M1330. Just had Superhai for that

Tip : Put your added extensions in /Extra/Extensions and not in /System/Library/Extensions as Chameleon is able to load them from there.

You will then be able to know which extensions you added and which are vanilla.

Don't forget to do a kextcache with :

Last, if you don't successed in this, verify that you have the NullCPUPower kext.

Good luck.

DSDT.aml file is in the root directory of Macintosh HD. Where should I copy it?

DSDT.aml file is in the root directory of Macintosh HD. Where should I copy it?

Then if it is in the root directory, your dsdt does not support speedstep.

Check you have NullCPUPower kext in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions

If yes, check permissions on it and re-do a kextcache.

Thank you for your help! Now I'm able to boot without bootcd! Yesss! :(

Once i restart, the prcessor speed is 1.22GHz, other time 2.08GHz....that means speedstep is activated?

I'm reading this topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83039

Are the posted kexts will work on snow leopard as well?

Thanks again, you made my day! :)

I guess yes, but if it is, then you have the voodoopower kext...

The kext from Superhai are working for our XPS, like the ones Brett and i posted on this forum (cause these are generic kext)

Okay here goes...

I've gathered this from many many sources and must thank Josh (overshoot) for some major tips.

First thing, get a 8GB USB key or a spare HDD, this is important as we will be changing the boot method back to Chameleon 2 RC1, and will be forcing it to use the /Extra directory we are about to create.

Requirements:

- Snow Leopard disk, either the CD or a .dmg, doesn't really matter as long as it is the latest one 10A432.

- PC / Laptop / Mac running Mac OSX, any version.

- Customized /Extra directory (attached at the end).

- boot0 and boot1h files from Chameleon 2 RC1 (attached at the end).

- /boot from netkas - version 10.2 (attached at the end).

- Patience :(

Step 1.

Open Disk Utility from the Utilities menu

post-437386-1252235473_thumb.png

Step 2.

Format the USB Key as GUID and create a single partition on there, call it what ever you want, I called it OSX86.

post-437386-1252235343_thumb.png

post-437386-1252235355_thumb.png

Step 3.

Restore from your 10A432 image to your newly created key / disk. Make sure Erase Destination is unticked, although it shouldn't really matter as we'll do other steps later.

post-437386-1252235370_thumb.png

Step 4.

Right click on your new partition and click Information, then get the UUID and copy it for use in Step 6.

post-437386-1252236379_thumb.png

Step 5.

Extract and copy the Extra.zip attached to the key / disk and make sure it is called /Extra (we will sort out the permissions and the kext cache later).

post-437386-1252236492_thumb.png

Step 6.

Edit the /Extra/smbios.plist and change the SMUUID to your UUID you copied above. This is to ensure that the UUID will be the same as your boot disk.

Step 7.

Edit /Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist and search for the UUID (I have put INSERT YOURS there to make it easier). Paste your UUID in there, this is the same as above.

Step 8.

Extract the bootloader.zip somewhere and copy the boot file to the root (i.e. /boot), same with permissions.

We have just installed netkas' 10.2 bootloader.

Step 9.

From the location of where the bootloader.zip was extracted run the following commands;

1. sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX - where X is your disk (as can be found in the Information tab from Step 4.)

2. sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY - where X is your disk and Y is the partition (as above from Step 4.)

We have just installed the Chameleon Boot loader 2 RC1

Step 10.

Almost done with building the key / disk. We need to remove a specific kext from /System/Library/Extensions, this will cause a Kernel Panic if it is there. The kext is /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext, remove the whole directory, we don't want it or need it.

Unfortunately this will mean that the DVD drive will not work. Some people say that you can put in an older 10.5 version of this and run in 32bit mode and it works, but I still get a Kernel Panic so don't worry about it and just run 64bit mode without the DVD.

Step 11.

Reboot with only this USB key / disk in. Hit F12 to boot from another source and select USB.

Step 12.

When the bootloader comes up make sure you do a '-s' to boot single user, we are going to sort out the permissions now.

When you get to the # prompt type in; mount -uw / to mount it read / write.

Step 13.

Changed the permissions and recreate the kext caches with the following:

chown -R 0:0 /Extra /boot

chmod -R 755 /Extra /boot

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

The above is all one line by the way!

Step 14.

Reboot, make sure you do the F12 option again. You should now boot into the Installer.

Step 15.

Run through the installer as normal, make sure you have a nice partition to install to (GUID of course). Make sure you do a custom install and make sure that the Printers and Languages are unticked. You can install Rosetta and also Quicktime 7 if you need them. Of course if your main language isn't English choose the correct one for you!

Step 16.

When it finishes and is ready to restart, open a Terminal, this will suspend the restart. Once again we will need to follow the steps above, from Step 5 through to Step 10. This makes sure you main partition will work in the same manner as the installer.

Step 17.

Once finished this step close down the installer and you can then happily reboot into the new Video for OSX 10.6!

Modify as you need to, I do recommend that you use a modified DSDT for your CPU which will enable native Speed Step and Sleep, you will need to remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebuild the /Extra/Extensions.mkext, I've attached a DSDT for the T9300 below that will work, if you have a different CPU you need to extract the PSS tables from it via acpidump or Everest and insert those.

Enjoy.

If anyone wants to move this elsewhere feel free, we should start a M1530 Snow Leopard thread anyways...

Cheers

Brett

bootloader.zip

Extra.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Will give it a go when I get a chance. Am running a customized 10.2 at the moment. I do have a copy of 10.1 around here so that will be easy. I know that Chameleon 2 RC2 boot didn't make a difference, although it still booted.

Cheers

Brett

Hey so much thanks for sharing your effort. Just having trouble booting from "key/usb", thers an error :

boot0: GPT

boot0: testing

boot0: done

boot1: error

I suppose this on the boot loader and something on the "sudo fdisk..." steps. Is there an installer i can use for this? or there are no compatible ones?

Thanks for your time.

Nope, I've never needed it.

I can confirm that I do have SpeedStep working natively too, just not the C-states yet, they are still a work in progress.

This is a list of what is in my /Extra/Extensions/

post-437386-1252542398_thumb.png

Also I don't have the IOATAFamily or AppleHDA kexts under /S/L/E.

Other than that I am using my DSDT.aml and smbios.plist and nothing else. Can run either 32bit or 64bit without a problem haven't had a KP for a very long time now. Sleep works fine, I do have to unload and reload VoodooHDA though, but that is a known bug...

Oh and now running Chameleon 2 RC3 completely, including the /boot from it. com.apple.Boot.plist has the following:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

Using a circa 2008 Dell M1530, T9300, 320GBHDD, 4GB DDR2, Bios A12, 1680x1050 screen, nVidia 8600M GT 256Mb.

Cheers

Brett

Thanks for the reply buddy. I have it working now. The only problem I'm running into is nVidia. I noticed you also have the 8600m GT. Are you able to get OpenGL / QE / CI / OpenCL with SL? I have tried a few combination and I cannot get any of them to work.

Thank You!

Thanks for the reply buddy. I have it working now. The only problem I'm running into is nVidia. I noticed you also have the 8600m GT. Are you able to get OpenGL / QE / CI / OpenCL with SL? I have tried a few combination and I cannot get any of them to work.

Thank You!

As you have an XPS1530 with an NVidia 8600M GT, you need to try DSDTs that are available on this post or on the one from Macgirl.

Use the DSDT from Brett or Chrysaor (depends on you cpu) but if you don't want speedstep, use the one from Brandon... and don't forget to remove all Efi strings and all GFX injectors.

That should work.

Josh.

As you have an XPS1530 with an NVidia 8600M GT, you need to try DSDTs that are available on this post or on the one from Macgirl.

Use the DSDT from Brett or Chrysaor (depends on you cpu) but if you don't want speedstep, use the one from Brandon... and don't forget to remove all Efi strings and all GFX injectors.

That should work.

Josh.

Thank you for the tip Josh. Are you currently running SL? I tried out Brandon's DSDT, next I tried Chrysaor, and lastly Brett, but it's still not showing any of the hardware accelerations. Did you have to do anything else to set these hardware accelerations? As in Leopard, OSx86 Tools Utility was used to enable Quartz GL / OpenGL

Thank you for the tip Josh. Are you currently running SL? I tried out Brandon's DSDT, next I tried Chrysaor, and lastly Brett, but it's still not showing any of the hardware accelerations. Did you have to do anything else to set these hardware accelerations? As in Leopard, OSx86 Tools Utility was used to enable Quartz GL / OpenGL

When you say you aren't getting hardware acceleration how can you tell?

I've never seen any listing of Hardware in the System Profiler for SL, but I get no issues playing mkv's and Aperture doesn't complain like it did when hardware wasn't in place previously.

The other thing to check is if it is seen as a CL device using oclinfo (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=54517). This will tell you if you if you have a opencl profile and what is actually using it.

bash-3.2# ./oclinfo 
1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]
Name: 		Apple
Vendor: 	Apple
Version: 	OpenCL 1.0 (Jul 15 2009 23:07:32)
Profile: 	FULL_PROFILE

[OpenCL-only Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Name: 			GeForce 8600M GT
Vendor: 		NVIDIA
Type: 			GPU 
Device Version: 	OpenCL 1.0
Driver Version: 	CLH 1.0
Compute Units: 		32
Work Group Size: 	512
Clock: 			950 MHz
Global Memory: 		256 MB
Local Memory: 		16 KB
Cache Size: 		0 KB
Cache Line Size: 	0 Bytes
Available: 		Yes
Double-Precision: 	No
Extensions: 
			cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
			cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing
			cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor
			cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions

[Device 1]
Name: 			Intel® Core(tm)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz
Vendor: 		Intel
Type: 			CPU 
Driver Version: 	1.0
Compute Units: 		2
Work Group Size: 	1
Clock: 			2500 MHz
Global Memory (Total): 	4096 MB
Global Memory (Host): 	3072 MB
Global Memory (PCIe): 	1024 MB
Cache Size: 		6144 KB
Cache Line Size: 	64 Bytes
Double-Precision: 	Yes
Extensions: 
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics
			cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[shared OpenCL+OpenGL Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]
Extensions: 
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

Cheers,

Brett

Hey so much thanks for sharing your effort. Just having trouble booting from "key/usb", thers an error :

boot0: GPT

boot0: done

boot1: error

I suppose this on the boot loader and something on the "sudo fdisk..." steps. Is there an installer i can use for this? or there are no compatible ones?

Thanks for your time.

This is a problem with the boot1h then, which is the second command the dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY and if you created the USB key with only one partition it should be active anyway, that is the other reason you may see these errors. The first bootloader is not finding the partition to boot from, this is quite a common error, I had it a couple of times when I first started playing.

I suggest you try running that one again when you can, it can be run from any Leopard installation, or even UNIX...

Cheers

Brett

I've never seen any listing of Hardware in the System Profiler for SL, but I get no issues playing mkv's and Aperture doesn't complain like it did when hardware wasn't in place previously.

The other thing to check is if it is seen as a CL device using oclinfo (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=54517). This will tell you if you if you have a opencl profile and what is actually using it.

bash-3.2# ./oclinfo 
1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]
Name: 		Apple
Vendor: 	Apple
Version: 	OpenCL 1.0 (Jul 15 2009 23:07:32)
Profile: 	FULL_PROFILE

[OpenCL-only Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]
Extensions: 
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Extensions: 
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]
Extensions: 
			cl_khr_fp64
			cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

Cheers,

Brett

This is a problem with the boot1h then, which is the second command the dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY and if you created the USB key with only one partition it should be active anyway, that is the other reason you may see these errors. The first bootloader is not finding the partition to boot from, this is quite a common error, I had it a couple of times when I first started playing.

I suggest you try running that one again when you can, it can be run from any Leopard installation, or even UNIX...

Cheers

Brett

Thanks for the link and input! I would have gone nuts if it wasn't was your response lol. I didn't know that the Snow Leopard doesn't show individual hardware accelerations in the System Profiler. I checked Dashboard widgets and I get the ripple effect. Also, the link you provided shows 2 devices! Thanks again!

@erht: you may have to boot with a boot cd, install chameleon again. I had to do that, then I had to use fdisk in terminal to set the SL partition (or where the boot file resides) as active.

Thanks for the tip, what i did is boot from other drive where my Bootloader is intalled correctly. IM still strugling with the "waiting for DSMOS". I have a Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 and Nvidia 8600M think thers something around the "extra" folder. If someone knows the way around ill apreciate the experience sharing.

Thanks for the tip, what i did is boot from other drive where my Bootloader is intalled correctly. IM still strugling with the "waiting for DSMOS". I have a Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 and Nvidia 8600M think thers something around the "extra" folder. If someone knows the way around ill apreciate the experience sharing.

Ok. Just booted. now having kernel panics by just opening anything from dock. (reading and investigation)

Ok. Just booted. now having kernel panics by just opening anything from dock. (reading and investigation)

I installed SL, after installing, went to terminal via Installer and removed IOATAFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/

The kext I used to boot:

fakesmc v2

nullcpupowermanagement

voodoops2controller

appleacpips2nub

Kext added to /Extra/Extensions/ after receiving no errors:

IOATAFamily (modified)

AppleACPIBatteryManager (to show batter status)

openhaltreset

dsdt:

brandon's non speedstep version

make sure permissions are set for /Extra:

chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions/*
chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /Extra/dsdt.aml
chown -R root:wheel /Extra/dsdt.aml
touch /Extra/Extensions

Next step for me is to do a new clean install and try out a Brett and Crysaor's dsdt.

bash-3.2# ./oclinfo 
1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]
Name: Apple
Vendor: Apple
Version: OpenCL 1.0 (Jul 15 2009 23:07:32)
Profile: FULL_PROFILE

[OpenCL-only Context]
2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Name: GeForce 8600M GT
Vendor: NVIDIA
Type: GPU 
Device Version: OpenCL 1.0
Driver Version: CLH 1.0
Compute Units: 32
Work Group Size: 512
Clock: 950 MHz
Global Memory: 256 MB
Local Memory: 16 KB
Cache Size: 0 KB
Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes
Available: Yes
Double-Precision: No
Extensions: 
cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]
Name: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Vendor: Intel
Type: CPU 
Driver Version: 1.0
Compute Units: 2
Work Group Size: 1
Clock: 2500 MHz
Global Memory (Total): 4096 MB
Global Memory (Host): 3072 MB
Global Memory (PCIe): 1024 MB
Cache Size: 6144 KB
Cache Line Size: 64 Bytes
Double-Precision: Yes
Extensions: 
cl_khr_fp64
cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]
Name: GeForce 8600M GT
Vendor: NVIDIA
Type: GPU 
Driver Version: CLH 1.0
Compute Units: 32
Work Group Size: 512
Clock: 950 MHz
Global Memory: 256 MB
Cache Size: 0 KB
Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes
Double-Precision: No
Extensions: 
cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]
Name: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Vendor: Intel
Type: CPU 
Driver Version: 1.0
Compute Units: 2
Work Group Size: 1
Clock: 2500 MHz
Global Memory (Total): 4096 MB
Global Memory (Host): 3072 MB
Global Memory (PCIe): 1024 MB
Cache Size: 6144 KB
Cache Line Size: 64 Bytes
Double-Precision: Yes
Extensions: 
cl_khr_fp64
cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

Cheers,

Brett

Cheers

Brett

Thanks dude, got that going. Booted up Snow once and had a "kernel panic" just touching any icon from the Dock, I think its somthing about "cpu" load that make it crash (maybe video). I have an Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0 GHz 2M L2 Cache - Nvidia 8600MGT (256 MB) and still havent edit the DSDT still studing how to get the PSS tables. But a minute a go my "Once boot Snow" is not booting any more. On verbose mode I can see it loading "extensions/....." twice and then A kernel panic with no "undestandable" reference just Hex stuff.

Tried a reinstal on other partition on same drive and wouldn't run the "-s" have the same kernel panic as the "once boot snow".

Still strugling. Any Ideas are helpfull.

Thanks for your time.

I installed SL, after installing, went to terminal via Installer and removed IOATAFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/

The kext I used to boot:

fakesmc v2

nullcpupowermanagement

voodoops2controller

appleacpips2nub

IOATAFamily (modified)

openhaltreset

dsdt:

touch /Extra/Extensions

Next step for me is to do a new clean install and try out a Brett and Crysaor's dsdt.

You got same CPU as Brett? Mine is kind of different Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0 GHz 2M L2 Cache. Is your Gfx card working?

Thanks for your time.

The kext I used to boot:

fakesmc v2

nullcpupowermanagement

voodoops2controller

appleacpips2nub

IOATAFamily (modified)

openhaltreset

dsdt:

touch /Extra/Extensions

Booted again my "once booted snow" somthing to do with the Chameleon I was booting from other drive. Now I cant do somthing that "loads" the cpu cause I get Kernel panic. Think I need a right DSDT file.

You got same CPU as Brett? Mine is kind of different Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0 GHz 2M L2 Cache. Is your Gfx card working?

Thanks for your time.

Booted again my "once booted snow" somthing to do with the Chameleon I was booting from other drive. Now I cant do somthing that "loads" the cpu cause I get Kernel panic. Think I need a right DSDT file.

Yes, fortunately I have the same CPU as brett. My gfx is working perfectly under SnowLeopard. I wasn't sure for a while becuase the read-out in System Profiler>Graphics is different in SL; it doesn't show the individual accelerations. I used the utility Brett suggested oclinfo. It shows the cpu and gpu an a short benchmark for testing purposes. I haven't tried his dsdt yet in SL, in Leopard it worked perfectly! The one I'm using at the moment is Brandon's which isn't biased towards any cpu type. I am just about to do a reinstall and I will try out Brett's dsdt.

Try this DSDT I've attached. This is the original one by Brandon, with USB fixes by Chrysaor

M1530_DSDT.aml_chrysaor_brandon.zip

Yes, fortunately I have the same CPU as brett. My gfx is working perfectly under SnowLeopard. I wasn't sure for a while becuase the read-out in System Profiler>Graphics is different in SL; it doesn't show the individual accelerations. I used the utility Brett suggested oclinfo. It shows the cpu and gpu an a short benchmark for testing purposes. I haven't tried his dsdt yet. The one I'm using at the moment is Brandon's which isn't biased towards any cpu type. I am just about to do a reinstall and I will try out Brett's dsdt.

Try this DSDT I've attached. This is the original one by Brandon, with USB fixes by Chrysaor

Cool. Just boot up with that DSDT. Ill spent some time now trying to tweak it for my CPU.

Modify as you need to, I do recommend that you use a modified DSDT for your CPU which will enable native Speed Step and Sleep, you will need to remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebuild the /Extra/Extensions.mkext, I've attached a DSDT for the T9300 below that will work, if you have a different CPU you need to extract the PSS tables from it via acpidump or Everest and insert those.

Enjoy.

If anyone wants to move this elsewhere feel free, we should start a M1530 Snow Leopard thread anyways...

Cheers

Brett

Will give it a go when I get a chance. Am running a customized 10.2 at the moment. I do have a copy of 10.1 around here so that will be easy. I know that Chameleon 2 RC2 boot didn't make a difference, although it still booted.

Cheers

Brett

Hey dude, im currently booting Snow thanks to you. I've spent some time extacting the 'ACPI' for my DSDT. Sadly im not as lucky as donkey that has the same CPU you have.

I got all these files from 'acpidump' and your DSDT and don't have a clue of how to merge em. Any guide master? :)

post-398389-1252666320_thumb.jpgI'm trying to install SL to my M1330 (C2D 2.2GHz/8400GS). I booted from Suerhai's DellSnowCD for M1330, installed SL, then installed Chameleon RC3. After that copied Extension from bootcd to /System/Library/Extensions, then Repaired Disk Permissions with DiskUtility. The last thing I did is used DSDT patcher.

Please advise!

Thank you!

Did you ever boot Snow? I tried one DSDT patcher wizard and didn't do the job. Better google someone's stable version. (remove the DSDT.aml file from root - back it up) if it still on kernel panics then aim chameleon versions, I had some trouble with that, there's a boot loader post by Brett that works fine.

MY_ACPI.zip

Yes, fortunately I have the same CPU as brett. My gfx is working perfectly under SnowLeopard. I wasn't sure for a while becuase the read-out in System Profiler>Graphics is different in SL; it doesn't show the individual accelerations. I used the utility Brett suggested oclinfo. It shows the cpu and gpu an a short benchmark for testing purposes. I haven't tried his dsdt yet in SL, in Leopard it worked perfectly! The one I'm using at the moment is Brandon's which isn't biased towards any cpu type. I am just about to do a reinstall and I will try out Brett's dsdt.

I did compare This DSDT you posted, i've found some difference for my "CPU". Looks more stable but still theres a Kernel Panic on "mdworker" you got any ideas? do you have kelnel panic issues?