[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

Wingrunr21,

Thanks for taking the time to update and clarify the guide. To me it is very clear and if people follow it carefully they shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for making it clear that SuperHai's recently preferred method for clamshell via the DSDT won't work with the 1530 until/if we figure out why the DSDT has to be deleted after 10.5.6 upgrade inorder to get the left side USB functioning.

One thing I didn't see addressed was SuperHai's SMBIOSresolver kext. Can we take it that this isn't needed? Or did he not get back to you on that.

Patched my own DSDT on an XPS M1530 and I've had no issues using it. USB works fine. Specs in sig.

One thing I didn't see addressed was SuperHai's SMBIOSresolver kext. Can we take it that this isn't needed? Or did he not get back to you on that.

He didn't get back to me. SMBIOSResolver.kext should be on the boot-132 cd. Either that or SMBIOSEFI.kext is on there. Both do the same thing. They are both still needed though.

chris512, check Console.app for EHCISleepEnabler errors. Try re-installing the kext.

Hello!

I have M1330 led/gf8400/2gb/320gb ahci/wireless 1395

I used iAtkos v5 with efi v9, appledecrypt, smbios-air, disabler, achi x86, 9.2 kernel, laptop bat, speedstep a, sata ahci, ntsf3g

Then from dell package set "safe update" and just updated to 10.5.6

From the same package added audio sigmatel 9228 and wifi 1395.

As for video - macgirl's kexts. Question??? She wrote that for normal(speedy) work it's needed to make a quick sleep. Is it really needed?

Also one thing, it looks that usb (or just flash drive) does not work in plug&play, system detects drive only after reboot...What is that?

Everything else works good, I'm also looking to add normal sleep, fingers scroll and multimedia keys(does this work for m1330?)

PS. During installation I had kernel panic(helps -v-x), same as boot without video drivers.

Sleep doesn't really work on the m1330/1530. Neither does shutdown or restart. You can try Superhai's Kexts and see if there is any difference. The first page of this guide should have the links.

As for the USB, mine never worked but you can try OSX86 tools and click detect hard ware and download only the USB drivers. I noticed that was available but Im not sure if it works. There is also a post just for USB problems called "USB not mounting/only after restart."

Sleep doesn't really work on the m1330/1530. Neither does shutdown or restart. You can try Superhai's Kexts and see if there is any difference. The first page of this guide should have the links.

As for the USB, mine never worked but you can try OSX86 tools and click detect hard ware and download only the USB drivers. I noticed that was available but Im not sure if it works. There is also a post just for USB problems called "USB not mounting/only after restart."

Sleep most certainly does work on the M1330/M1530. You need to install VoodooUSBECHI.

Attached is my IOUSBFamily.kext. This kext is open source so attaching it is NOT illegal (for those that care). This kext is already modified for VoodooUSBEHCI. Just install VoodooUSBEHCI alongside it.

Shutdown/restart don't work as it plainly says on the first page of this guide.

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

OK, the usb mounting flash drive problem is solved, by LioNEXT

Mismatch of kernel and system.kext versions(10.5.6 update changes it).

Besides, is kernel version impotant for something? I have 9.2.0 ToH, do I need higher?

update

m1330's remote works with front row...wow:)

update2

Is it possible to get media keys and eject button? I saw only ps2 kexts, but I need achi kext(right?)

update3

repair with kernel panic by mounting dmg by downgrade to 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext

The links work fine. d-lab just delete the kext and install the new one.

Thx wingrunr21, now all go well.

About wireless, I have found a DW 1390 and a 3945. Are they good ??

First of all I just wanted to say thanks for this execellent guide. I have an XPS m1330 and have one problem I can't seem to get over. The OS won't boot into AHCI mode. I can running 10.5.6. Are there an kext 's I need? Im using Atkos 5i.

d-lab

Yes, there is (m1330 has) a little "window" in the middle of the bottom, open it with screwdriver and you'll see a wifi slot which is used and else one for wwan. Just change the card.

golden3159

I used that is during installation on iatkos v5, it works.

By the way AHCI driver is attached to first post of this topic(look to the botton) or try this url

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=32229

For the Vanilla install onto a M1330, can I use a retail 10.5.6 disc or does it have to be a different version such as 10.5?

I tried doing a search, but found nothing. Thanks in advance.

It is better if you use the latest version, earlier version of Leopard doesn't include some of the drivers needed.

Thx

Fix link after "For the XPS 1530 use Chrysaor's:"

Thanks. Fixed that. I went through and fixed most of them I think. It is irritating that they don't have a redirect on that subdomain...

If anyone else finds a broken one let me know.

I just recently got my Dell xps m1330 up and running with retail Leopard 10.5.5. I installed with 10.5 disc, updated before installing any kexts.,

Everything working well, no shutdown/reboot. Audio works pre/post sleep. nvinject for full graphics, haven't yet benchmarked to see any real results.

I will work on a lis tof all kexts I have used and running.

my major issue at first was booting from the hd. I had the system running months ago, but could only boot off the cd. This GUIDE is nearly perfect, except there is a small number of files needed to run that are not specifically mentioned at the top of the list. However, these are essential to booting from the HD.

SMBIOSReslover

dsmos

IntelCPUPMDisabler

There may be links to these throughout the thread, but if they were at the top of the GUIDE, it might alleviate some problems others and myself have been working through

I have everything successfully working on my M1330, except the trackpad and keyboard. Writing this post from it now from a USB keyboard.

I am confused where to find the boot-132 cd as in the first post to get the two files I need (AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext). I believe these two will get the keyboard and trackpad working, yes? If so, could someone please tell me where to find them or his boot cd? I have been looking and searching for a while now.

Thanks in advance.

**EDIT: I figured it out. Thanks guys, everything works now, except when I tap the trackpad it does nothing instead of clicking, is this supposed to happen?

I have installed retail 10.5.6 on my XPS 1530. Right now I am using the Generic Boot loader that I found on one of these forums. I am new at this, MAC OS included, but I catch on pretty quickly. I have searched the forums and cannot find what I am looking for. If there is an answer, I apologize. I believe my video card is recognized. I have the 8600M GT 256MB. I am able to get the full resolution, and the About My System recognizes the video card. I have installed numerous drivers that I have seen posted here, but I still cannot get Quartz Extreme enabled, as well as the core image says software. Most of the drivers that I have seen only go up to 10.5.5. Can someone point me in the right direction? I also don't have bluetooth working, but that isn't really important.

What I Think/Know works are:

My sound card shows to be there, but I haven't been able to test that (I don't think it works). My internal network card (Marvell Yukon) works, with the fix that was posted for 10.5.7. Track pad/Keyboard works.

Any help is appreciated.

My display is the LED LCD 1400 x 900. I don't think that matters, but that is where the Core Image and Quartz extreme details show up. If I put in a DVD, I get the following error:

A valid video device could not be found for playback. [-70017]

Maybe this will help.

Does audio via HDMI work ?!

Thanks...

I don't know. HDMI video works. However, when I put in a DVD to check the sound out, I get the following error:

A valid video device could not be found for playback. [-70017]

This may be related to my video issues regarding quartz extreme, not sure. When I look at my sound device in the system profile, it says Intel High Definition Audio. I am not sure if that is correct or not. I have the Sigmatel, is that Intel?