[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

Hello there! Awesome guide, I used it to install 10.5.4 on my m1330 previously but I had that board replaced. Now Im trying to install using iAtkos 5i, but in your guide there isn't much info on the customization. Does anyone have a definitive list of customizations for the m1330 with 5i, and not updating?

P.S. This has more than likely been asked before but searching here is... meh THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Use EFI bootloader, dsmos enabler, SMBIOS EFI-Air, ACHI x86, Nvidia laptop for graphics, and 9.2 kernel or 9.5 vodoo if you want to try that. Also for system install SATA/ICH8 and ntfs3G. Should install and run fine but your usb's may not work. Also use AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext for Audio. Google these and install them with osx86 Tools.

Absolutely awesome guide -thanks sooo much I'd have been uterly lost without it.

I've got a couple of wiredish issues with my install though. First I never got my graphics card working properly under iatkos 5i, so I'm using iAtkos 2.0 which is fine apart from the vga out not working.

I've tried a couple of things At the moment I use nVinject 0.2.0 installed with NVinstaller .41 and modified the nVinject.kext so it would not only support dvi,

I've also tried efi strings using the Dell Laptop post installer v1.4.1

unfortunately none of that seems to work, when I plug in a secondary monitor nothing happens, when I click on detect displays the laptop screen goes black and I have to force a shutdown.

If I boot with a secondary display the laptop screen stays black and it's the same story, -force shutdown.

I'm on a xps m1530

nvidia 8600 nvinject 0.2.0 256mb

Any help/suggestions would be great!

thanks in advance

Use EFI bootloader, dsmos enabler, SMBIOS EFI-Air, ACHI x86, Nvidia laptop for graphics, and 9.2 kernel or 9.5 vodoo if you want to try that. Also for system install SATA/ICH8 and ntfs3G. Should install and run fine but your usb's may not work. Also use AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext for Audio. Google these and install them with osx86 Tools.

Thanks, I was able to boot by using:

PC EFI V9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI AIR

Disabler.kext

PS/2

OHR

nVidia Laptop

intel ahci

laptop bat

speedstep a

I suppose I just had to play around w/ it a bit. Everything just about works except for the sound.

figured it out -kinda!

nOOb how to to get graphics (nvidia 8600) and sound working on your xps m1530

-from a nOOb for nOObs :)

ok as I said I don't know much all I did was reading loads of posts in this forum (thanks to all of you again!) and never stopped trying and reinstalling the system. So the real credit should go to the clever people who figured all this complicated stuff out for us.

my method is working with iAtkos 2.0 -never got it to work on 5i...

important is that during installation you don't select anything under drivers>graphics. We'll install the drives later.

you'll need the NVInstaller 4.1 and efi studio, both you can get here

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

install nvidia drivers with the installer, check vanilla 256mb and the "go" option.

the shutdown fix never worked for me, so I left it.

before you reboot use efi studio under displays select the 8600 256mb go add device.

Ignore the scary screen with all the code and numbers and just hit "write to apple.boot....." button

restart -this is the last time a clean restart ot shutdown will work.

you'll have hardware support, QE and Roataion now.

For using your vga out to connect a secondary display you'll need to get Urthwhyte's (thanks soooo much!) Nvinject

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1074266

drop it to your desktop and install using Kext Helper -you can find it easily via google.

Now the wired part starts -AUDIOOOOO

I got the dell laptop post installer v1.4.1 -google again

and post installer 1.3 -not 1.3.1!

being the newer version I used the 1.4.1 -only check the sigmatel 9228 install, repair disk permissions reboot and what it did in my case was removing the volume control. Before under system preferences at least I could see my HD audio -now everything was greyed out.

for some reason I was desperate and tried with the 1.3 straight after, repair disk permissions reboot -and it worked ?!?

I did {censored} up my system afterwards trying to get two finger touchpad to work so I reinstalled Osx, -this time I tried the 1.3 installer straigt away -and nothing worked!!

The only way I got it to work is using the 1.4.1 first, and the 1.3 afterwards, don't ask me why it doesn't make sense to me at all, but I don't care anymore.

Sound works -no internal mix though

Graphic -hardware acceleration +QE and Rotation AND the vga out works

(haven't tested the hdmi though)

hope it helps some people

Hi,

there are news about wireless and ethernet kexts??

I use iPC and all goes well except the wireless and the ethernet.

And, How I can setting quarzt??

Nobody can help me??

I dont know how enable QE on my note

and If I can have a mirror on external display.

I need it to use Final Cut Pro. Thx

You should download osx86 tools and then you can enable quartz through there..providing you have the correct video drivers.

Thx so much for the reply.

I have already installed osx86 Tools.

The kext that I have installed are the Vanilla default kext found in the iPC 10.5.6 dvd.

I dont know if it is the best. How I can know it?

A vanilla install is one that is as much like a real mac as possible. This allows you to install updates directly from Apple.

Ahh ok. Thx so much.

Any news about wireless??

This thread does not deal with Intel wireless. Broadcom chips like the ones listed in the tutorial work out of the box.

Uploads work again. Tutorial has been updated. I'm going to try and get mirror displays working (a kext that gets it working in M1530s has been developed. I will try and transfer this over to M1330s in the near future).

Thx so much for the reply.

Well, if I have understood good (my english isnt perfect) the only way to have a wireless connection

is that one to acquire a Dell Wireless card (1505 or 1490).

About video card.

I have read ur update on first page and so, if I have undestood well, to have a mirror display

and QE enabled I need to use the Urthwyte's kext. ok??

I have the default kext built in iPC, the NVinJect 0.2.1 256mb.

What I need now is to remove it and then install the Urthwyte's kext.

How I can remove it??

And so, after remove it, in order to install the Urthwyte's kext correctly

I need to use NVInstaller and then I must execute ur instructions?

After the installs complete, open OSx86 Tools, check the "Repair Permissions", "Set Extensions permissions", and "Clear Extensions Cache" check boxes and click "Run Selected Tasks". You should do this EVERY time you install or modify kexts.

Sorry again and the so much.

The links work fine and the shutdown/restart does not work. I've been having some trouble updating/installing using this guide. I was formerly using iatkos 5i to install but then i was advised that iatkos 4i would be the best way.

Well I installed iatkos 4i (checked only 9.4 kernel) and thats it, pressed install. It installed fine, booted up in ATA mode so I replaced the AHCI kexts that Wingrun posted in the guide, fixed permissions, booted with -f and then was able to switch back to AHCI in bios and boot leopard.

So I download the 10.5.5 pre update and post update patches, install the pre-update, then I install the 10.5.5 official combo update, and then the post update patch( I checked only my nvidia drivers here and nothing else because last time it would not show anything on the screen upon reboot).

Ok so 10.5.5 boots up fine and and my resolution is fixed too. But then I install chameleon, replace the bootloader, and DSDT.aml and set permissions in the Terminal. I then procide to install the official 10.5.6 combo update and reboot.

After rebooting, I get an error and the loading stops: IOHCI [configured]: power state duplicate retry 1.

Also a couple of lines above this I see in yellow text: Failed to load AppleACPIPowermanagement.kext from www.apple.something something...

Did I miss anything important because I followed this guide word for word and everytime I install I get a different outcome?

The links work fine. d-lab just delete the kext and install the new one.

Selayan the 10.5.6 combo update will replace a large number of files in the base OS. Can you boot into Single User Mode and verify that AppleACPIPowermanagement.kext exists? Can you boot using -x mode?

The links work fine. d-lab just delete the kext and install the new one.

Selayan the 10.5.6 combo update will replace a large number of files in the base OS. Can you boot into Single User Mode and verify that AppleACPIPowermanagement.kext exists? Can you boot using -x mode?

From my limited knowledge of single user mode, I could only mount or unmount my drives. How would i check if it exists in single user mode. I could not boot into safe mode using "-x" because the apple screen would come up withe the spinning circle going on forever.

I read somewhere that some power management kext and disabler kext have to be deleted before installing the final update?

AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext must either have a disabler kext installed or be removed completely. Single user mode is simply a command prompt. If you don't know how to use a Unix command prompt I suggest you read up on it.

I don't personally have that kext loaded. I'm wondering if that is a legacy kext iAtkos installs.

In that case then I will check and see if it has a disabler, if not then I will remove the powermanagement kext. In Iatkos 4i there was no choice for removing this kext or installing a disabler but I think those get installed anyway when you update. Also, USB drives do not work for me still after doing all of this. I need to first install once with a complete update to 10.5.6 before tackling the USB issue.

Wingrunr21,

Thanks for taking the time to update and clarify the guide. To me it is very clear and if people follow it carefully they shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for making it clear that SuperHai's recently preferred method for clamshell via the DSDT won't work with the 1530 until/if we figure out why the DSDT has to be deleted after 10.5.6 upgrade inorder to get the left side USB functioning.

One thing I didn't see addressed was SuperHai's SMBIOSresolver kext. Can we take it that this isn't needed? Or did he not get back to you on that.