[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

U talk about NEWISO.zip ??

Well, I have installed iPC 10.5.6 on my Dell.

And even I have recived the boot:0 error

after the welcome animation I have recived the keyboard alert. I have put into an usb port a Mac Keyboard.

Now I can see Leo in my Dell. Wow!

Now what I need to install for my configuration??

Are on ur iso alla the kext I need?

How and where I need to put the kext?? Thx so much !

Thx so much, u are a good friend. The link u have post for me is very usefull.

Now I hope to fix all the problems for a good setup.

Thx, thx again for ur work for all the people !

Hi,

after a long Time I finally got iAtkos 5i installed.

Works quite well, but my biggest problem is, that it does not Monitor my Battery.

I installed VoodooBattery.kext, repaired Permissions, dmesg says it loads and nothing more. I don't see the Battery Icon. Ironically, the Installation Program showed it :wacko:

The second Problem is, when I try to sleep, the System shuts down, turns off and immediately turns on again. Ideas anyone, what that might be?

-luth

Hi,I somehow solved those Problems. For the battery, I installed a new old PowerManagement.bundle from some EEE PC freaks. Sleep also works, whereas anybody ever got deep sleep to work? This would be the solution to all Shutdown and Reboot Problems and its the greatest invention since someone thought about Suspend.

Another word on Performance, ATM I need to sleep and wakeup to double the OGL performance, UT2004 Demo runs quite well at 800x600 and medium Settings. Under Linux it runs at 1280x800 and Full Details, which solution should make the smallest problems? A new DSDT?

-luth

Thank you for answering my previous post.

As of now my xps 1530 is running smoothly on 10.5.5

Only three problems left to fix, and am looking for more advice.

1. can only run in safe mode (-x)

It freezes at load screen, same as before.

2. It no longer recognizes the optical drive.

Eject media button works to eject disk, but refuses to read disk.

3. Cant get the sound to EVER work.

I know it's an on-going problem with the 9228's, but others are lucky enough to hear it working now and then.

As stated above thanks for the referral to your guide.

SIDE NOTE: Would it cause problems to update to 10.5.6 through apple update?

Another word on Performance, ATM I need to sleep and wakeup to double the OGL performance, UT2004 Demo runs quite well at 800x600 and medium Settings. Under Linux it runs at 1280x800 and Full Details, which solution should make the smallest problems? A new DSDT?

-luth

You don't need to sleep to get GL to work. All you need to do is put the display to sleep. There are scripts out there somewhere which you can set to run at startup to do it for you.

or you can use this script:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=41016

Thank you for answering my previous post.

As of now my xps 1530 is running smoothly on 10.5.5

Only three problems left to fix, and am looking for more advice.

1. can only run in safe mode (-x)

It freezes at load screen, same as before.

2. It no longer recognizes the optical drive.

Eject media button works to eject disk, but refuses to read disk.

3. Cant get the sound to EVER work.

I know it's an on-going problem with the 9228's, but others are lucky enough to hear it working now and then.

As stated above thanks for the referral to your guide.

SIDE NOTE: Would it cause problems to update to 10.5.6 through apple update?

can you boot in verbose mode with -v as boot option and then post any errors if they are reported?

Hi,

Is there any way to get the horizontal and vertical scroll on the touchpad working like in windows and linux? I heard that there's a way to make two fingers scrolling work but I am not sure how to do that. Would appreciate your help!

Thanks

Joe

I just want to double check before I do anything to screw my OSX up. I currently am running iatkos 10.5.4 and want to upgrade to 10.5.6. So I can use the normal software update through leopard and then follow the update instructions in this guide? Also, is it worth it in the long run for me to do a vanilla install? Thanks!

If you can't boot in regular mode I would not call that running smoothly. You installed with iAtkos right? Have you tried another distribution?

Just installed iAtkos 10.5.5 5i successfully.

booted in normal mode.

Used sonotone post installer again.

The dell 1395 kext worked fine but the audio kext (9228) doesn't.

Another issue is the media key enabler kext. Does anyone know how to uninstall this kext???????

Just installed iAtkos 10.5.5 5i successfully.

booted in normal mode.

Used sonotone post installer again.

The dell 1395 kext worked fine but the audio kext (9228) doesn't.

Another issue is the media key enabler kext. Does anyone know how to uninstall this kext???????

There's no media key enabler kext, that's controlled by the application Butler, which you can find under ~/Applications, delete that to make them stop working.

Your audio is likely not working due to having AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in your Extensions folder, delete that, repair permissions and reboot with -v -f to see if that fixes the problem, and if not get one of the kexts from talisman's thread on M1330/M1530 audio issues.

Is there any way to get the horizontal and vertical scroll on the touchpad working like in windows and linux? I heard that there's a way to make two fingers scrolling work but I am not sure how to do that. Would appreciate your help!

The link to the two-finger scrolling instructions is on the first page of this guide under "Keyboards/Trackpads". I would suggest reading something before asking for information that is already given.

I just want to double check before I do anything to screw my OSX up. I currently am running iatkos 10.5.4 and want to upgrade to 10.5.6. So I can use the normal software update through leopard and then follow the update instructions in this guide? Also, is it worth it in the long run for me to do a vanilla install? Thanks!

No you can't use normal software update. The 10.5.5 update will work fine for you since it was a minor update but 10.5.6 is a major change and I believe iAtkos will break. Here is a link on how to update. Yes, it is definitely worth it in the long run to do a vanilla install since that will allow you to update via software update.

If I install kalyway 10.5.2 with the combo update 10.5.3, how do I update to 10.5.6? The bike town links seems to have changed on the first page?

See above.

Well , on my m1330 after installing nvinject kext with kexthelper and using osx tools to fix permissions etc, no luck with vga.

When I plug in my monitor, my xps goes to black screen and has to be booted.

What nvinject did you use? The one linked in the guide most certainly gives VGA out. Make sure you get the M1330 one and not the M1530 one.

No you can't use normal software update. The 10.5.5 update will work fine for you since it was a minor update but 10.5.6 is a major change and I believe iAtkos will break. Here is a link on how to update. Yes, it is definitely worth it in the long run to do a vanilla install since that will allow you to update via software update.

He/she might need to do the rm AICPUM.kext trick for the 10.5.5 update

Details here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=896743

There's no media key enabler kext, that's controlled by the application Butler, which you can find under ~/Applications, delete that to make them stop working.

Removed butler and my eject button still isn't working.

Got audio corrected.

One more question to add to my list....

How do you enable SATA?

I have a second HD that is SATA and my installation(iATKOS) will not recognize the drive.

I know when i installed iDeneb, SATA worked fine.

Is there a fix, or am i doing something wrong????

First of all, did you use my guide? Second, your problem is with the Intel graphics. That kext is experimental right now. Check macgirl's thread for more information regarding that.

Hiya mate,

I've got the same problem actually and can't seem to find a solution (on this site, 'Macgirl's thread' or via Google).

I used iAtkos a year ago to install everything and had it up and running quite well. I updated a few things, the installation went pear-shaped, and that was the end of it.

So, here I am nearly a year later trying to give it another go.

What I'm doing differently, however, is trying to boot off a retail disc (my house mates have all got Macs). I'm not sure how to get round the black screen upon installation with a retail disc. I've booted with the verbose flag and it's nothing there as it clearly crashes upon launching the GUI. I've got the x3100 (GMA 965 chipset I believe) Intel graphics card (XPS m1330).

I'm using your boot disc to load the retail disc.

What to do?

Cheers.

Edit: I've used a different boot loader disc which has extra kexts added. If I use -x -v flags I can get to the GUI, though the keyboard and mouse are non-responsive. I reckon if I could whack the x3100 drivers from this disc into wingrunr's, I'd be able to manage a successful install. Despite the keyboard and mouse issues (I'm using a USB mouse), however, I received a message which states: OS X cannot be installed on this computer. I must have a recovery disc and not a proper installation DVD. I should have a retail 10.5.6 disc in a day or two.

After following your guide completely, I still can not get the update to 10.5.5 working. It just gets stuck once it reboots the second time. And if I try to boot in safe mode with -x, it loads but then I have no keyboard or mouse working. I'm on a xpsm1530, core 2 duo T5850, ICH8 ATA, SATA controllers too.

Maybe I chose the wrong items in customize? I had 10.5.3 working with 9.2 sleep kernel and 9.2 vanilla. But there are some options in 10.5.5 i am unsure about when using the combo pre update and post update patches?

Hi,

I need lil help here plz...

I followed your guide to install Kalyway (10.5.2 Intel_AMD) onto my Dell XPS M1330.

But no matter in which way i try it just stops at "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugi n has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; Use only one style"

I have Dell XPS (without NVidia Video Card)

Please help me...

thnx in Advance...

Tutorial last updated: 2/10/2009