USB 2.0 for Leopard 10.5.7

Slice

390 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have iATKOS v7 10.5.7 on Asus P5N32-E (nforce 680i). All works fine. All my USB devices mounting correctly, but it's only until machine go to sleep. After it's wakes up and I trying to mounting flash-drive or external USB HDD i have a kernel panic.

Anyone can halp me?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

Hi! Thanks for the work! But my 4G Wimax Modem is not detected... I tested it on real Macbook with 10.5.8 and there is no problem. I don't understand why it happens. Here's the driver - http://www.yota.ru/downloads/YotaAccessU20..._1.0.3_BL22.zip. Here are my logs - http://rapidshare.com/files/268654812/USB.zip.html .

Thanks again.

With great respect, jazzminos

UPDATE!!! I solved the problem! The problem was that I had the 10.5.7 version of IONetworkingFamily.kext in the Extra folder. I changed it for 10.5.8 version and WiMAX kext loaded succesfully!

Thanks a lot Slice.

The 10.5.8 Version works for me. USB devices are not unloaded accross sleep now.

As ever my machine sleeps and wakes up with a wiggle of the mouse BUT the monitor doesn't wake up.

This has to be my GFX card or the combo of 1 VGA monitor our of a DVI port and my flatscreen out of the other DVI ...

Again may thanks Slice.

D.

@Slice,

What is it about EHCI that makes it not want to register as "built-in"? No matter what you do to tweak the DSDT file? I was just curious what you've edited in the IOUSBFamily.kext that makes it register. I'm using a P45 board with ICH10 so I assumed getting EHCI to properly work via DSDT would be fairly straight forward.

Is it something like this from AppleUSBEHCI/Classes/AppleUSBEHCI_PwrMgmt.cpp? Just commenting out the PCIPwrMgmt portion?

if (!_hasPCIPwrMgmt) {
// USBError(1, "AppleUSBEHCI[%p]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep",this);
// _controllerCanSleep = false;
// setProperty("Card Type","PCI");

_controllerCanSleep = true;
setProperty("Card Type","Built-in");
}

Taken from this post.

In a nutshell would it be possible to get EHCI working on a ICH10 board with DSDT?

EDITED 26-05-2009

If you see error at startup

then it is not USB problem. It is a problem with interrupts in whole system.

If USB sometimes works, sometimes no then it is the same problem.

To solve it, download my new IOPCIFamily v2.6.1 (from my signature). It may correct such problems!

I got this problem that my two usb controller sometimes work, sometimes not

I am in the snow leopard 10A432,help me!

thanks!

EDITED 26-05-2009

If you see error at startup

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3849800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

then it is not USB problem. It is a problem with interrupts in whole system.

If USB sometimes works, sometimes no then it is the same problem.

To solve it, download my new IOPCIFamily v2.6.1 (from my signature). It may correct such problems!

GOOD JOB,SLICE!

I have this problem in snow leopard, I have 8 usb controller(2 EHCI and 6 UCHI) in leopard and they r all ok.

but in snow leopard, one ehci and one uhci do not work (on my laptop ,with a usb 2.0 cardreader in the EHCI )most of time , they two disappeared, sometimes they two go ok , I do not know why.

but When I remove the Apple HPET and AppleIntelPowerManagement, the two usb controllers go ok, but the laptop cannot go sleep and restart normally.

Help me , Thans a lot!!

:wacko:

Hi,guys!

I find the problems finally!

When I face this:

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3849800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

I find that AppleHPET use 4 IRQs which contains 0x00000014, this 0x00000014 is for usb

so my usb EHC2 and usb5 can not work, others r ok

but sometimes it is ok, and AppleHPET use just 3 IRQs not contain 0x000000014.

And my cpu is Intel Core2 Duo P7350 2.0GHz*2, my os is snow leopard 10A432.

PS:when I use leopard, they r all ok, and appleHPET only use 3 IRQs, always ok.

Dear all;

In all my install of OSX86 in my PC I have faced the following situations:

- Only when booting with a storage device (HDD or Pendrive) connected to one of the USB ports, the system fallback in USB 1.0 mode, and altough everything works, in this case I'm not able to restart or shutdown the system by software. When I request one of these operations, the sytem proceed with all the finalization tasks but stalls as in standby like status. So I have to manually push the power on/reset button.

- When no storage device is connected when booting, I have full USB 2.0 working and poweroff/reboot work as expected (i.e. can be done by sw).

I'm running OSX 10.5.8 (iPC 10.5.6 updated with iDeneb 10.5.8 combo package). But this issues were always present since 10.5.5.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ps.: When booting with external USB storage devices connected I face some messages of type: "UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms"

Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core

Mainboard: MCP61PM-HM (Chipset MCP61)

Northbridge: NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A3

Southbridge: NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A2

Memory: 1+1GB RAM DDR2 800 Mhz

Graphics: NVidia 8600GT 1GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...
EDITED 15-08-2009

Version for 10.5.8 is here

Hi,

could you make a universal binary available (for 10.5.8)? The HP printer driver doesn't work correctly

because the HP Inkjet Toolbox is a power pc binary. I guess that is the reason for the following log

22.09.09 19:39:51 HP Inkjet Toolbox[265] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Regards,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Slice,

I'm on Leo 10.5.8

When I use the 10.5.8 version of your IOUSBFamily.kext

my sound card EMU USB 0404 works but it is not detected by its own control panel

When I use the 10.5.7 version of your IOUSBFamily.kext

my sound card work 100% correctly

What do you think it comes from ? Do you think you could fix this so we can enjoy the last version of your kext instead of using the old one ... :)

Thanks

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I tried to figure out the way how to solve the problem on my hp dv4-1030ee

Can anyone help me to give a complete instruction on how to install USB correctly without having any crash issues since I have been installing iDeneb distribution for the seventh time!

I really would love to install the clean retail DVD have everything installed as required since distribution such as iDeneb won't cover everything laptops might need to have.

I would appreciate your help guys and hopefully this is will another people who would have the same issue in the near time

Thank you

Hi there,

I have Asus P4P 800SE motherboard and i have installed iDeneb v 1.4 I have wireless keyboard connected throgh usb and it works fine.But if i connect my wireless usb adopter or external hd to usb, none of them work.

I really need some help.Can you plz tell me how to fix it?

Hello,

I have a USB problem, too, with my HP Pavilion DV7-1196EG..

When I connect a usb device (or LAN cable! the same) in the booted OSX, it doesn't get recognized.

Wen I connect a usb device (or LAN cable) BEFORE booting OSX, it usually gets recognized.

Weird thing! Never had a problem like this.

Also, I have an older usb wifi stick, Sitecom WL-172, there are driver from 10.3 to 10.5 and I, of course, downloaded the newest one.. But it doesn't work.

Could you help me please ? =(

edit:

Oh I use iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 OSX with the standard kernel (Vanilla).. well everything (graphics, cpu, HDDs, etc) work but not the wifi card (I know it doesn't work) and the LAN / USB ports as usually, only before booting OSX, while in OSX the freshly connected devices (even the devices which were connected and then disconnected and again put in the usb slot don't work anymore)..

• 2 weeks later...