USB 2.0 for Leopard 10.5.7

Slice

390 posts in this topic

Hi, slice

I have installed ideneb 1.4 dvd osx version 10.5.6.

my laptop is hp 6930p with intel chipset.

I have tried your kext's for usb 2.0.

my system.kext version is 9.6.0 and kernel version is 9.6.0

At first install and reboot with -x, my external hd and sandisc cruzer micro works.

After one or more reboots, I get following error in system.log and the devices do not work.no kernel extension specified

---

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCI2PCIBridge: cardbus I/O range 4096 bytes at 0x00002000

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: venderid: 0x8086 deviceid: 0x10f5.

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.640 AppleUSBEHCI[0x468d800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.645 AppleUSBEHCI[0x468d800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.651 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK2552GSX Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: [HCIController][configurePM] power parent ready after 1 tries

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 5.664 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIMUSBF: 5.664 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Mar 29 22:55:29 localhost kernel[0]: Jettisoning kernel linker.

-----

I have also found that IOUSBMassStorage.kext has not been loaded.

Just need advice to find the reason and solution.

EDIT: removing AppleHPET solved the problem. It seems stable after several reboots without -x

Hi

I downloaded all the attachments at the bottom of the first post and followed the instructions. During reboot, I get a yellow message like "Failed to load com.apple.driver.appleusbhub". When it reach the login screen, my USB keyboard and mouse don't work, so I'm basically locked out.

I made a backup of /System/Library/Extensions at /Extensions040409. So I tried to restore it, but no luck. I used the iPC 10.5.6 DVD, booted up to terminal, found my OS X partitions mounted under /Volumes/Mac/, so then I typed in:

cp -r -v /Volumes/Mac/Extensions040409/* /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Extensions/*

It then proceeded to do a bunch of copying. The output in terminal didn't look right:

/Volumes/Mac/Extensions/040409/*.* --> /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Extensions/[b]zfs.readonly.kext[/b]/*

To me, it seems like it just copied everything into zfs.readonly.kext. Whatever. I followed up with:

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/Extensions/*
rm -v /Volumes/Mac/System/Library/E*.mke*
diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/Mac/

Rebooted with -v -F, same yellow com.apple.driver.appleusbhub error message.

I would like to get my USB working again, at least 1.1 if not 2.0. Can't use the OS without mice or keyboard lol

Thanks

Slice, i have now searched for more than a whole day for a solution of my USB Problem: USB Devices will be disconnected in sleep mode & connect again at wake up. So i always get the -You have not ejected a device- warning at wake up.

My MB is a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L which uses Intel ICH7. (EHCI device ID 0x72cc)

If i turn off USB 2.0 in Bios, it works, but is slow.

I still tried to copied your 2 files into IOUSBFamily.kext, repaired & rebooted using -F

So if i do a

kextstat -l |grep HCI

i get:

39 0 0x5babe000 0xe000 0xd000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI (3.0.7) <38 17 7 6 5 4>

48 0 0x5beb6000 0x12000 0x11000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (3.2.8) <38 17 7 6 5 4>

Do you have a clue, if there is a way for me, get it working normally? Or should i better save my time? ;)

UPDATE:

I have found the solution!! YEAR!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, been trying to get these to work, but to no avail. Checked the version of my system.kext against my kernel and it seems fine. Tried almost all of the installers for usb devices I could find in this forum, but that didn't help either.

Dunno if this will help any, but my EHCI Usb id is 026e and my OHCI is 026d.

Anyone else have any bright ideas, pass them my way.

- Thanks

same problem here... periphereals works fine in USB 1 mode with USB 2.0 disabled in bios.

EHCI is not working with dmdimoff/slice kexts.

this is the error i'm getting:

USBF: 37.836 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1000001 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 37.841 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

USBF: 37.946 AppleUSBEHCI[0x352d800]::UIMInitialize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

USBF: 37.951 AppleUSBEHCI[0x352d800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002c9)

USBF: 38. 58 AppleUSBEHCI[0x352d800]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

USBF: 38. 63 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

this is the only thing to fix for my ASUS Z53T, but it's a real pain in the a**... ;)

HOLY S**T I DID IT!!!!!

i was pretty desperate with my usb 2.0 controller (nVidia MCP51 controller, vendor id: 10de dev id:026e ) so i tried the last chance:

- grabbed a copy of orByte drivers source (v. 303.4.5 from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28559)

- compiled that with xcode, got few errors for a missing header, found a copy of that file, recompiled

- placed this fresh new PCGenUSBEHCI.kext in the plugins folder inside IOUSBFamily

- restarted

- BOOM!!!! GOTCHA, YOU SON A B***H!!!! HA HA HA, THERE'S MY SHINING USB 2.0 controller in System Profiler

Tried to mount a couple of hard disk, flash keys, it all seems to work.

This is really awesome you guys...

gonna update my signature pretty soon.

i can send a copy of the kext in case somebody has the same problem (just p.m. me if you need it)

I actually made a thread for my problem,but I expect nobody will help me at all,so I'm posting here hoping to get some reply.

So my mobo has a SiS 964L chipset with dev id 7001 for USB1.0 controller and 7002 for USB2.0 controller.(vendor id: 1039)

The problem is that the transfer speed of my external usb HD is very slow,less than 1mb/s!

My system profile shows this for every USB device I plugged in,eg USB keyboard and mouse.

USB Bus:

Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBOHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x7001

PCI Revision ID: 0x000f

PCI Vendor ID: 0x1039

Bus Number: 0x43

By looking at that I know that my system is loading USB from the USB1.0 controller with OHCI driver which is slow.

I have the EHCI kext in my IOUSBFamily.kext but it never really loads,with the following error during boot:

USBF: 1.161 AppleUSBEHCI[0x30f5000]::UIMInitialize - could not get chip to come out of reset within 100 ms

USBF: 1.161 AppleUSBEHCI[0x30f5000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002c9)

USBF: 1.270 AppleUSBEHCI[0x30f5000]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to come out of reset within 100 ms

USBF: 1.271 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

I've tried the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext from the EHCI thread,also all the kexts from Slice's thread,none of them work,sometimes all my USB devices wont even work at all.

I'm not sure if patching is needed in these kexts,since in the Info.plist I saw the dev id to be something like 0c031000 which does not match any of my USB controllers (70011039 and 70021039).

Dec 21 20:18:47 localhost configd[14]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
Try to use UUID.kext.zip

Wow, finally a solution that works!!

Threw away the NetworkInterfaces.plist and IONetworkingFamily workarounds (they somehow worked, but not with the uuid errors at boot). UUID.kext fixes all.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get the source code of this kext, im curious to learn about it, see if its something i can do it and perhaps get to work on future kexts (I'm an CSE student).

Thanks to those involved in it!!

P.S.: I edited the last string on the UUID-key key value on Info.plist file (contained within the kext) so that it matches my ethernet mac address. Didn't want to reconfigure the 'ByHost' plist files.

post-410516-1241532387_thumb.jpg

post-410516-1241532495_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Dunno if this will help any, but my EHCI Usb id is 026e and my OHCI is 026d.

Anyone else have any bright ideas, pass them my way.

- Thanks

I correct IOUSBFamily for these DeviceIDs.

Attention for others users with problems: tell me your DeviceID and part of system.log with USB messages.

SEE UPDATED TOPIC

WOuld it be possible to update the optimized (interupts) IOPCIFamily.kext also ?

If you think it needed I can do it some later.

The USB info now shows up in system profiler, but drives don't mount unless they are plugged in before leopard boots.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attention for others users with problems: tell me your DeviceID and part of system.log with USB messages.

Anyone going to respond to my post from a month ago?

"I wrote in the other day that everything was working perfectly. Now my mouse is jumping around the screen when I move it around. Any chance these drivers caused that? I haven't had a chance to remove then from my efi boot partition yet, but I will test it soon and see if they are the culprit.

My wireless mouse is screwy, but I also hooked up a wired USB mouse which did the same thing. I have tried them in multiple USB ports and it still happens.

I will update this when I get a chance.

Thanks! "

Do I need to change the device codes or something?

Thank you very much , I have installed the kext on my leopard 10.5.7 the usb device works well but the sleep doesn't work. When I click sheep there just have a black screen and the power still on, and no any response when I press any key. What could be the problem?

Thank you very much , I have installed the kext on my leopard 10.5.7 the usb device works well but the sleep doesn't work. When I click sheep there just have a black screen and the power still on, and no any response when I press any key. What could be the problem?

It seems to be not USB problem.

@Slice:

First of all thank you for you hard work, but would you mind adding some build instructions for Xcode 3.12 because I can't build it (too many errors) – I am assuming here that you can build the original IOUSBFamily-343.3 You can can't you?

What I want to do is set the "Errata" property to 0xe800 for ICH9, like you do in IOUSBController_Errata.cpp, but I want to keep the rest of the source untouched – this to see if the "Card Type" property will be set (to "Build-in") but without any further modifications.

BTW: Have you seen the plist for the Kensington 7 in 1 card reader? There's a property called "ExpressCardCantWake" which is set to |true| so there might be some (counter) property to make it work just by editing Info.plist That is after the hardware is properly identified of course.

p.s.: reboot and shutdown are not functional for me, but my Kingston usb-stick's are fine after a resume.

@Slice:

First of all thank you for you hard work, but would you mind adding some build instructions for Xcode 3.12 because I can't build it (too many errors) – I am assuming here that you can build the original IOUSBFamily-343.3 You can can't you?

What I want to do is set the "Errata" property to 0xe800 for ICH9, like you do in IOUSBController_Errata.cpp, but I want to keep the rest of the source untouched – this to see if the "Card Type" property will be set (to "Build-in") but without any further modifications.

BTW: Have you seen the plist for the Kensington 7 in 1 card reader? There's a property called "ExpressCardCantWake" which is set to |true| so there might be some (counter) property to make it work just by editing Info.plist That is after the hardware is properly identified of course.

p.s.: reboot and shutdown are not functional for me, but my Kingston usb-stick's are fine after a resume.

In my sources target USBProber is not corrected so not compilable. But all other targets are corrected.

You can't build original sources because of many corrections needed. Compare!

Errata for ICH9 already done.

Other modifications is not terrible.

Attention! Topic updated.

In my sources target USBProber is not corrected so not compilable. But all other targets are corrected.

You can't build original sources because of many corrections needed. Compare!

Errata for ICH9 already done.

Other modifications is not terrible.

Attention! Topic updated.

Yeah, so I noticed – I already removed the examples and the USBprober.

I did a diff -uw and I noticed that you changed all <IOKit/usb/*.h> to "*.h". Why is that?

I'm aware of ICH9 already being patched, but I want to use some thing like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)</key>
 <dict>
	 <key>AppleUSBUHCI</key>
	 <dict>
		 <key>Card Type</key>
		 <string>Built-in</string>
		 <key>Errata</key>
		 <integer>0xe800</integer>
	 </dict>
 </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

to generate the EFI string for it, but gfxutil can handle it due to a 'Bus Error' (it is probably looking for that second PciRoot). What about using a plist only kext for people like me who don't need the extra bits? Have you (someone else?) already tried that?

Thanks!

Note: I am using 10.5.7 on my hack and my MacPro

Hi Slice, thank you for your all work.

My board has Intel Q45 northbridge and ICH10DO southrbridge.

I got this USB message when using 10.5.7 valnilla IOUSBFamiry.kext

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.582 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.585 AppleUSBEHCI[0xade4800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.588 AppleUSBEHCI[0xade4800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.593 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.608 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.611 AppleUSBEHCI[0xad4b800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.614 AppleUSBEHCI[0xad4b800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.619 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

I dont get the USB message in system.log when I'm try your 10.5.7 IOUSBFamiry.kext.

All USB ports work but my pc dont sleep.

I check ioreg.

The USB UHCI device appear as PCI device, not as build in,

EHCI appear correctly as build in.

I still may have problems with the UHCI device (or legacy mode problem?).

Here is my device id information.

ICH10D0's Device ID is slightly different from ICH10's.

Intel 82801JDO (ICH10DO)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:3a67] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x1a]

00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:3a68] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x3a]

00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:3a69] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x5a]

00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:3a6c] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0xfa]

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:3a64] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x1d]

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:3a65] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x3d]

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:3a66] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0x5d]

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation ICH10 USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:3a6a] [PCI Revision ID: 0x0002] [bus Number: 0xfd]

post-53179-1243345474_thumb.png

post-53179-1243345322_thumb.png

Could you add ICH10D0's Device ID to your kext, by the next update release?

New compilation from 10.5.7 sources. Now version is 3.4.4. This version include all previous fixes, new DeviceIDs and forced sleep capabilities even if it is not really supported (as discussed with Hafnium).

Thanks for constantly updating the KEXTs so quickly, slice!

For those with an Intel mainboard, unfortunately the KEXTs do not seem to fix the sleep problem. However, I have discovered a DSDT fix that works for both Intel and other boards.

If you have an Intel ICH9-based board and patched your DSDT before, check it out here.

It should allow you to make your machine sleep using the stock USB drivers from Apple.

i lost one usb controller "USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] on ICH7" anyone know how to fix it? I try laste IIUSBFamily.kext but it doesn't work

USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:27c8] (rev 02)*work*

USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:27c9] (rev 02)*work*

USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] (rev 02)*not work*

USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:27cb] (rev 02)*work*

USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:27cc] (rev 02) *work*