OS X on the MSI Wind, Before it's Released

687 posts in this topic

Hi,

no answer about the long boot ...

btw, did someone manage to install ACPIbattery.kext ? I installed it but what can I do now ? the bettery level still does not whow, are ther any linecodes to write ? (where is the terminal under leopard ?)

thanks.

So I've finally gathered everything I think!!

- Msi Wind OK

- MsiWindosx86.iso OK

- 1 extra Gig of DDR 667 OK

- Dell 1490 Mini PCIe OK

- Switched house and alt OK

- Apple Sticker on the back of the screen OK

Am I missing something before I OSX it?

did someone use MsiWindosx86.iso on a medion akoya ??

thanks

Nop haven't tried it on akoya I've got a wind,

if you want Terminal, go to Applications/Utilities/Terminal

cheers

did someone use MsiWindosx86.iso on a medion akoya ??

thanks

For me kalyway 10.5.2 worked as well as the retail dvd install method (on a medion akoya). Only problem with the retail method was that it refused to install to an MBR formatted hd, so I had to install to a USB GUID drive and then clone the system to the built in hd.

Hello,

I make a multiboot in my MSI WIND

I install Windows XP, Ubuntu and Kalyway 10.5.2

I use GRUb for loader

In WXP : all works

In ubuntu : all works

In OSX Kalyway : All works !!!

Hello

I install a Multiboot in my MSI WIND

I use GRUB for loader

Windows XP SP3 : all works very good

Ubuntu 8.04 : all works very good

Kalyway 10.5.2 : all works :

Wifi : I replace the origin card by an Apple Wifi CARD Macbook pro, It's works and I have the led in the task bar.

Sound : I use AZALIA but I don't have sound IN. I tried AppleHDAPatcher with a Codec_dump from MSI WIND (Suse Linux) but I didn't have sucess.

IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE SOUND, I HEARD YOU !!!

THANKS !!!

Hi!!

I've an answer for you... I have Leopard 10.5.4 installed on my msi wind, and all works fine enough but.................

all the games I tried worked at a lower resolution taking only 2/3 of the screen, and lefting the right 1/3 blank..

Can you help me to configure another graphic resolution, in order to have the game taking all the screen?

Many thanks to all!!!

Daniela

Not really, coz they are working at 800x600. I would disable Full Screen, or figure out a way to use 1024x600 in the game.

Why not just solder wires from the speakers, onto the existing sound jacks?

I am too scared to try that. Warranty n all.

Would you guys suggest purchasing the Dell Wireless 1490 card from Dell.com or is a used card from eBay going to be just fine? Also, is there any reason that a wireless card from a MacBook like this one Atheros AR5BXB72 or this one Broadcom BCM94321MC wouldn't work in the Wind?

Thanks

Edit: Added link to Broadcom card

Update: Well I did a bit of research and didn't see any reason why the Broadcom wouldn't work, since it's the same as the Dell 1500 which does work in the Wind and it was $5 less than the Dell. I want everything to have arrived when I get back so I can install the RAM and WiFi card at the same time before installing OS X.

My Wind does some operation on its disk every 30Seconds. I cant understand what causes it. I switched of Spotlight, disabled QuickSilver, made a new user, but I just cant figure it out.

Any suggestions??

U.C. i ear your same thing.

So someone can help me? I've installed coolbook and registered it but the frequency still be at 1.6ghz.

I've installed the smbios28 but if i make ioreg | grep IOPlat | head -n 1 the sistem still show U100.

If i check into the SystemProfiler it reports MacBook2,1 ....

How can i do??? I've kalyway 10.5.2 update at 10.5.3 with comboupdate and to 10.5.4 with original apple update.