OS X on the MSI Wind, Before it's Released

687 posts in this topic

I tried this new kext with MSIWindowsx.iso ( not installed 10.5.5 ) with original 10.5.4 and my WIND U100 finally works with MIRROR MODE....

Perfect... :)

Soon WLAN Realtek 8187SE from Realtek support and a new full FIX AUDIO from Stellarola will do WIND U100 compatible at 100% with MACOSX ....

VIDEO )

http://forums.msiwind.net/mac/new-gma950-d...port-t3990.html

WLAN)

http://forums.msiwind.net/mac/great-news-r...dule-t3986.html

AUDIO)

http://forums.msiwind.net/mac/sound-fix-co...rtly-t3911.html

Hi kamikaze!

I am a newbie in this forum. I am a student in a small country.

I have an MSI Wind installed with MSIWindOSX distro and it worked fine.

The drawbacks are... I can not use Wifi (I don't want to swap my wifi card since it will void my warranty), and can not use OSX for my presentations because it can not support mirroring (how i would love to use it to dazzle my teachers with Keynote presentation :) ), so i still dual boot with Winblows.

The other drawbacks, i mean no sound from earphone & microphone, is not particularly an issue for me.

Can you give me directions (preferably links... :P ) to upgrade my MSIWindOSX distro to Leo 10.5.5 so I can use my Wind for my presentations? Or should I do a clean install from the start with Kalyway 10.5.2?

How can i use your uploaded file?

How can i rebuild the ext cache?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

There are many topics in this forum regarding upgrading to 10.5.5, the wind is no different that any other laptop. It's actually better, it supports the vanilla kernel and most of the vanilla kext.

To upgrade just follow this guide and reinstall the patched kext -> video, audio, ps2

http://netkas.org/?p=50

cheers,

Another problem:

Btw, this is an install via the retail leopard dvd.

I am trying to use the ACPIBattery.kext from here as it is suppose to be used with vanilla ACPI and displays accurate info. But when I do install it with the default AppleACPIPlatform.kext from either (10.5.4/10.5.1) I lose keyboard and mouse. When I put back the modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext that gives me keyboard and mouse I then lose the battery icon!

I can reinstalled the PowerManagement_bundle_powermanagement as found on the 10.5.2 kalyway dvd which installs the bundle as well as the AppleACPIPlatform.kext which restores keyboard and mouse. I do see the battery icon but when I click the icon I don't see a time remaining only "Calculating...remaining" until next reboot. ACPIBattery.kext is loaded but no time remaining is displayed.

Any help here would be certainly appreciated.

Thanks

question.

With the retail installation have u found the webcam working out of the box ? I'm going to install with retail seen I just got one msiwindosx86.iso installation done ; I got only the original 10.5.0 retail dvd.

[Edit] ok.No prob.with the 10.5.5 the webcamera is working well.

kamikaze THX for last drivers for wind)

but anyway anybody know how soon will be done new audio drivers for all support mic and jacs?))) thx you)

No one knows, if you want to try there is a thread on how to patch AppleHDA.kext

For now you can use a bluetooth headset or a usb 3d sound plug.

Personally I am happy with the internal speaker.

Hi kamikaze,

tried your package on a retail install on advent 4211, everything seems to work but i can't activate bluetooth and webcam, is there anything i have to add or change?

thanks

bluetooth and webcam both work out of the box -> assuming you have the correct firmware and pressed the Blue Fn keys to activate them.

kamikaze thx you)

Tell me please how did you installed Leopard Retail )))

It's called DFE boot 123, there are many topics on the subject.

Worst case there is an ISO of the big carsair boat for osx+wind

Cheers,

isdha, if u wish to use CS1 in all it's glory it's best to go for at least a core duo processor.

The whole atom story will never fulfill your wishes, even the screen size is to small for any decent editing.

The MSI wind is a pure communication device no more, for me that is.

Best of luck with your choice.

TBCdevil: Thanks. I stuck with my good old g4 mini. :( It can deliver enough power to me except the ram.

The screen size dosn't matter, i have a good monitor and the wind has an external monitor connector too...

But the speed... and that rosetta thing is i'm afraid not as good as i expect. So, how fast is it under rosetta?

As a g3/g4? Or better? I would like to see a video with ppc only apps running if possible (or at least a geekbench-rosetta.app result please)...

Hm, this note can run leo?:

GMA 950

eek, that doesn't make me very happy.

For about $200 more, and get a "CyberpowerPC Gamer Xplorer X5-2910". Probably a better laptop. I'm very interested in seeing if anyone try to do on this one, too. (Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66G, 4G DDR2 667, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. Just like a real mac)

A sucessful case of "Cyberpowerpc Xplorer X5-2800" is here.

Lastest Wind drivers

Thought I would make this public as it's really handy.

Enjoy folks.. all the latest drivers... ready to go.

check the CUSTOMIZE button, some options are OFF

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7f66a00...2db6fb9a8902bda

Thanks a lot, that makes installation very straightforward especially for the graphics. I have now done a clean retail installation with Boot-132 & the only kexts that I have in /Extra/Extensions directory are:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (this just contains AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext)

AppleDecrypt.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

Disabler.kext

I successfully updated to OS X 10.5.5 from Apple's Software Update & then installed kamikaze's driver package. I did not use the MSIWind_IDE.pkg as I do not believe that it is necessary.

Now I can hand the system over to my wife & she can safely do any future updates safely & the worst case is that I will have to reinstall some kexts but with this setup she should never be left with an unbootable or unusable system.

Thanks a lot, that makes installation very straightforward especially for the graphics. I have now done a clean retail installation with Boot-132 & the only kexts that I have in /Extra/Extensions directory are:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (this just contains AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext)

AppleDecrypt.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

Disabler.kext

I successfully updated to OS X 10.5.5 from Apple's Software Update & then installed kamikaze's driver package. I did not use the MSIWind_IDE.pkg as I do not believe that it is necessary.

Now I can hand the system over to my wife & she can safely do any future updates safely & the worst case is that I will have to reinstall some kexts but with this setup she should never be left with an unbootable or unusable system.

Where did u find that kexts updated for 10.5.5 ?

Thanks

Where did u find that kexts updated for 10.5.5 ?

Thanks

Kamikaze's kexts all work well with 10.5.5. I installed from a retail disk & then installed Boot-132 onto that disk with the few kexts as noted. Afterwards it is safe to o updates from Apple.