Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro

Swad

231 posts in this topic

Well, I got it! I got an email this morning saying the $1900 had been credited to my Paypal account. I checked and it was there! I included a proof pic. How awesome! No paypal fees, either.

I'll be waiting around until Merom comes out and then snatch one up the day they're announced in an Apple notebook. I'll keep you posted! :

proofpic.png

Thanks so much to everyone who helped! It will certainly make this site better!

Because the Mash will have the resources to be able to fully understand what's going on. He may also choose to help write tutorials. He deserves it for all the hard work he put into creating and managing this website.

Because the Mash will have the resources to be able to fully understand what's going on. He may also choose to help write tutorials. He deserves it for all the hard work he put into creating and managing this website.

Not asking if he deserves it. Im sure he does. Just wondering how that would help, Because this site is/was for running osx on an X86 system, NOT made by Apple. right?....

but , whatever..

Not really, no. The site was created to inform about Apples switch to the Intel chips. Anything to do with Apple and the new Intel chips belongs here. A lot of people are being confused about this because of the site's current name.

if i recall correctly the site was originally made as a common meeting ground for those who were running 10.4.1 illegally, not apple's switch.

That's partially correct. It had been originally. I believe that the site was expanded, especially the forums, to include actual powerpc macs, windows xp, overclocking threads. Overtime, the wikix86project site has expanded its domain to nearly every topic in the computing world. It would be incorrect to say that Mashugly is hypocritical (if that is what your inferring) because we all know that if we want to truly conquer the enemy, some efforts must be fought behind enemy lines. In other words, we have to get to know the enemy, in this case apple. I am considering getting a macbook pro. My friend received and offer on ebay from someone who is selling a fully loaded 15" macbook pro for 1100 dollars. A bargain buy, and an intel computer. I'd like to test this bad boy out, figure out the overall structure and differences from out x86-PC version of mac. I am hoping to find a way to extract the TPM security chip and sauder it into a common intel motherboard. Very unlikely but it is my dream. This would allow anyone to build apples - and raise me some serious cash.

By the way: Mashugly, or whatever admin/moderator finds this first. Please email me at saturn6450@aol.com I have some interesting videos regarding mac that you might be interested in viewing, and possibly posting on the wiki.

arenared-

Back in the day when we chose this domain, before the hacking came around, "osx86" just meant OS X on x86, much like "Macintel." After this site became the home for hacked OS X, "OSx86" became associated with hacking efforts, not just OS X on Intel (which it was when we chose it). Just to clear up the name thing...

But yeah, this site has always been about everything x86 Mac, whether it was store bought or built yourself. Since more and more of our users are getting real Macs, our forum has and will expand to accomodate them. Back in August when we started this site, all there was were the hackintoshes. Now that the real things are out, we'll talk about them too.

Having a MacBook will help me stay relevant with Apple's current hardware offerings, give me a box works 100% without patches or hacks, give me a computer I can feel comfortable with morally (ie... I won't have to do anything illegal), and it's give me a portable on which I can run OS X (which I currently lack).

All in all, you'll see a lot more improvements when my MacBook arrives. :)

i got a new laptop the other night myself.

LOOK OUT GUYS HUGE THINGS COMING FOR THIS SITE FROM MY LAPTOP!

oh wai still pukin

[~Mash] I finally got the money for my MacBook Pro through the referrals!

[~Mash] it was an experiment, and it worked!

BRAAAAAAAAP

also funny that the first 2 pages of submissions to this site are about running osx86 on non-apple hardware.

i got a new laptop the other night myself.

LOOK OUT GUYS HUGE THINGS COMING FOR THIS SITE FROM MY LAPTOP!

oh wai still pukin

[~Mash] I finally got the money for my MacBook Pro through the referrals!

[~Mash] it was an experiment, and it worked!

BRAAAAAAAAP

also funny that the first 2 pages of submissions to this site are about running osx86 on non-apple hardware.

I'm confused, why are you puking? It's sorta funny haha. :hysterical:

Sampson - Mashugly created this site, pays for the hosting out of his own pocket, and puts his heart and soul into keeping it a nice, friendly place to discuss all things Mac on Intel for over a year now.

He also fully reimbursed (or at least offered to fully reimburse - im not sure everyone took up the offer) everyone who helped out.

So.. whats the problem?

Please take that image out of your signature so dialup users don't have to wait a year to load this page. No, I don't believe we can help you get it right now, there are others that deserve it more right now.

'deserve it'

how about the people that actually DEVELOP and do REAL WORK on osx86?

oh yeah i forgot people who push digg referrals so they can get more adsense tracking & slashdotting or mod a forum matters more doesn't it?

'deserve it'

how about the people that actually DEVELOP and do REAL WORK on osx86?

oh yeah i forgot people who push digg referrals so they can get more adsense tracking & slashdotting or mod a forum matters more doesn't it?

Do you want cheese with your whine.. seriously?

:)