Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro

Swad

231 posts in this topic

P.S. I've only got 4 referrals left, which means that if you've already signed up under my account and you'd like for me to pay for your offers, you'll need to get credited before I get my last referral. I'd love to pay everyone for all they've done, but sadly I can only afford to pay for those who complete the offers. Thanks.

Yeah, about that... ;)

w00t! 2 to go mash. can you feel it?

Actually, still 3 to go - techound was listed but I got it confused with another email address. Techound, your paypal is on the way!

And yeah, I am excited - I'm really looking forward to testing out some software I'd like to review for the site!

No problem, techound.

BTW, the Earthlink offer is gone from page 2 due to some issues on their end. Hopefully it will return soon! In the meantime, I'd suggest Party Poker since it's instant.

Guest pandaran

Hey guys,

I've only just started discovering The World Of Mac *echo for dramatic effect* through my bf, naitram (haha, his profile is really not impressive). He got his first mac about a year ago, and totally fell in love with it. Now he's installed Osx86 on my PC, and it's gotten hard for me to go back to the Windows side!

This offer you ran across seems almost too good to be true, but it's really heartening to see some people have already received their free items from it! So, I'm going to try out this referral thing, and once I see that it actually works for Mashugly I think I'll try for getting a Macbook Pro myself! *drools over the prospect of having a brand new mac laptop, and runs off to start filling out spam generators* :D

**edited to fix incorrect tags

Welcome to forum, pandran! Your boyfriend is a smart guy to bring you here... :D

Yeah, these offers are totally legitimate, and since I'm paying for the offers, you really have nothing to lose (including your inbox, since I haven't gotten any spam from these offers at all).

Email me if you have any questions about getting started!

Guest pandaran

Has anyone else had problems with Party Poker? I got the credit right away, but I've been getting telephone calls and emails from them all day requesting more and more information. I had to give them not only my credit card number, but the three digit number on the back, and my mother's maiden name. Now, in order to get my money back (after several phone calls and emails from them verifying that I am me), I just got another email requesting that I send them a government photo ID. I'm getting a little worried here... I wasn't too comfortable with the idea of giving out my information to uncertain sources in the first place, but after seeing everyone else saying how it easy it was, and with the temptation of a huge prize like a laptop it was difficult to pass up the chance to give it a shot. Now I'm worried I may have gotten in over my head... :D

*edit* :( :( :( Now they said they're putting a permanent hold my account and won't give me my money back until I send them the information they've requested. This is really not good.

As you have probably already noticed, I've completed all three of my offers meaning you have another completed referral. :sorcerer: Total came to about $52 US (I'm not sure if there is tax), and I only had a few (minor) problems. I didn't get credit for the complete home offer, but I created a no-credit report and was given the credit within a few hours (Thanks Peter!). The other problem I had was with PartyPoker. My account was suspended right after I donated because they couldn't reach me at my home phone number to verify it was me. I phoned their toll-free number and quickly solved that problem. I'm trying to get my MacBook Pro now off this site, and I hope I can get enough referrals. :D Thanks for showing me this site Mash!

PS. I gave you my paypal account on GTalk.

Hmm... sounds like PartyPoker is pretty strict about knowing who you are! I suppose part of that makes sense, but I'm sorry pandaran that they've been difficult to work with! Several people have had great luck (no put intended) with them, which is why I suggested it.

Let me know (via email) if you have any more issues!

In other news, 2 more to go!

EDIT: BTW, we just made a list of all the signature and avatar rules for the forum. It's been our policy since the beginning that referral graphics - like the one provided from free4me - aren't allowed since they kill dial up users. We had been PMing users about this, but it's just easier to put it in one thread.

So if you've got one in your sig, it'd be best if you replace it with a little text link instead! It's also fine if you'd like to include it in an actual post (see the first one in this thread). Just no sigs. :sorcerer:

Guest pandaran

Well, they've been pretty hard to work with and caused me quite a bit of stress. Hehe, I mean, I don't even know *how* to play poker, but there weren't a whole lot of other choices on Page 2. I think I'm just gonna do a charge back on my card, because honestly they're requiring I give more personal information than even my credit card company required, and I don't see why faxing them a copy of my photo id proves who I am any more than the rest of it. If someone had stolen my wallet, they'd have a copy of my driver's license anyway! :D I already told them I didn't like that, and they threatened to seize my funds... after speaking to them like three times on the phone and I lost count how many times in email, so I'm kind of done being tolerant. I really hope I'm a worst case scenario! And perhaps if I'd been more patient and waited a couple of days before taking my money out this wouldn't have been such an issue. I think they're more worried about losing my money than my personal security, though, or they'd just put it back on the credit card I originally charged it, too, and no one would be out anything. Best of luck to anyone else working with them, though!

And if they take away my credit for Page 2 I'll just fill out one of those silly How To Make Money programs instead! :P

I'm not even sure if they can take away credit once its been given to you. The company would have already paid for the advertisements on the website, and it's not against the policy to cancel or take the money that they stole back.

Thanks for paying me back Mash! Because I felt so proud of supporting you, I went and bought myself a new mouse and mousepad (if that makes any sense :)). Got a Razer Copperhead and Steel Series Steelpad 5L. I'm looking forward to getting my macbook pro now so I can help out the forums, and start making drivers for all of those whiners out there. :(