Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro

Swad

231 posts in this topic

With all the issues that MBP owners have been having, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to take the paypal credit and get an iMac instead. It's more powerful, still portable enough to move between dorm rooms, and considerably cheaper (with my ADC discount I can get the 20" model for $1850 with 1 GB of RAM and 250 GB HD).

Perhaps I should just get a desktop for now and wait a few generations for my MBP? Let me know what you think.

Dood its costing u barely anything. Better yet, get the MBP, sell it off. Buy a 20inch iMac, or save for the new upcoming models

Unstable, the site will give you paypal money instead of the MBP if you wish - all in all I think they send 1900 if you want cash.

I certainly want to get some kind of Mac right now, it's just a matter of which one (and if Apple addresses the MBP problems!)

I got an iSight from this site... going to drop it off at the apple store for store credit and use it towards and iPod lol.

Sorry for the slight change in topic Mash. Aaron, how well does the iSight work compaired to the built in webcam on the MBP + iMacs?

Unstable, the site will give you paypal money instead of the MBP if you wish - all in all I think they send 1900 if you want cash.

I certainly want to get some kind of Mac right now, it's just a matter of which one (and if Apple addresses the MBP problems!)

Think about taking the money and getting a refurb PB - you'll still have $900 to mess around with!

Yeah, I've got to have an Intel Mac.

It just seems like I could get a much nicer machine for my money if I went with the iMac.

Other thoughts?

True.

But I need something more powerful - this will become my everyday computer and I want it to have a lot of umph.

Wow. This is a tough call!

2) I'm not crazy about installing it without having paid for it.

hmm is this mean all www.osx86project.org users with installed osx86 are crazy ?

your hesitation, is your answer.

happiness, is the successful avoidance of regret.

buy the imac.

If you do that, you could use the money left over to buy more upgrades like a bigger hard drive. more ram, and a better GPU. You should definitely go with the iMac.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Well, what I'm thinking is that I'll go ahead and take the paypal cash and then just wait it out until the next revision, which will hopefully be soon.

Heck, Merom comes out in August and I can probably wait that long. :poster_oops:

I just don't want to bother with the hassle of getting a new $2500 computer and then have to apply thermal paste!

P.S. I think I have enough referrals completed now - most are just waiting for credit. If you'd like to sign up to get started, that's fine! Just remember that I can only afford to pay the 11 who actually complete the offers for me. Thanks!

Guest freespac

How long does it take for them to send it?

I've heard that they have a long backorder.. and it can take 2 month.. but I guess it is worth it :D

10/11! Just waiting on one more to be confirmed!

Although since I've decided to wait for the next revision, time really isn't of the essence.

Munky will actually be trying to get his MacBook soon as well. The more forum staff that have Macintels, the better off it will be for everyone. If you'd still like to help the site out, give him a hand. :(

hey, hope you get it soon!! sorry i couldn't be of more help, my credits are forever "pending"... give us all the details (speed of delivery especially) once you get it. cheers!!

Thanks for bringing that up Mash :D For anyone who missed out on the chance to help Mash (and get started on your own referrals for FREE!), you can help me out instead :)

Yes folks, i'm going to be trying to repeat Mash's success and secure this site another staff member with an (official) intel Mac.

Check out the thread at http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=16679

Cheers all!