Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro

Swad

231 posts in this topic

my hopes are being dashed, no credit reports, credits pending, I seem to be in limbo.

While trying to cancel my CompleteHome account (I've had to send a no credit report on them as well), I tried to find the phone number for which you must call to cancel. I found one on their site

"You may cancel this Agreement by calling 1-800-232-HOME (4663) (9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, or 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday (ET))"

Well, this phone number "can not be completed at this time"... yikes!!

Figuring I may have the wrong number or something, I went back to Freemacs4me and tried to find the CompleteHome offer to see if I could find any more info... MIA

I've just sent them an email, and will be contacting Visa as well (fraud prevention). I don't like it when I give companies my credit info, and then go MIA...

I wouldn't recomend this site/service to Canadians, very limiting which promotions you can use, and of course with the above mentioned hassles. Hope it works better for everyone else here!!!

Hopefully this is just a case of this site not working well across the border, and not any devious nasty behaviour.

Cheers

UPDATE: freemac4me awarded me credit for CompleteHome trial, though they have pulled out of the site... CompleteHome has also responded to my email stating that my account has been closed. Just going to wait to see if i'm billed down the line... cheers!!!

If there are other Canadians on here that could recomend trials for me to sign up for, would greatly appreciate it...

No worries. :hysterical:

I actually set up an acount earlier, after seeing I could pay for certain offers with Paypal's Virtual Debit Card (incredibly handy, seeing as I don't have a credit card :P).

Turns out the site's under heavy load, though, so it won't let me use it at the moment....I'll make sure to help you and munky out, though!

Lol...good to know it's not just me, then. :D

Just curious though...so I simply paste in the URL for whatever offer I'm completing onto the vdebit page, and then what? How is my paypal account then used as an actual debit card? I'm assuming I can use this method for pretty much any of the offers, correct?

One final thing...say I sign up under munky's referal. I then complete the 3 offers. Do I need to compelte one additional offer for it to count towards munky? And can others who've already completed an offer for munky, complete one for me as well?

Sorry for all the questions...just want to clear some things up. :)

Congrats Mash. Funny, I was just talking on IRC last night to some skeptics, so be sure to post some nice proof pics. Ive got someone who promised to eat their hat if you get the macbook pro (or cash equivalent) :)

anyone else wanting to get started on the way to your free mac hardware, feel free to sign up under me - i'm covering the costs, just as mash did.

check my thread here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=16679

I might be able to do it again as a friend or family member at another address... but payment information might get sketchy.

Munky, what is the $$ you are up to now in reimbursements....I'd really like to offer this for a MBP... but it's looking like $60 a person x11 = 660...which I don't have in the early stages of Dave Matthews Band's touring season.. LOL

Concert Tickets > me.

Mash, are you using your extra referral to get an iSight?? LOL... or hoping a few more go green to get a 20" display? :)

Ok, well I've just requested verification for my account. Don't know what all that entails but it said it would happen within 5 business days. Unless anything goes awry I should have the paypal cash next Monday!

I'm not sure what I can do with the extra ref. I'm asking around - hopefully I can just get the paypal version.

At this point I'm planning on taking letting the unit ship, sell it on ebay, and put the money toward a merom MBP in August or September (If you take the paypal money, the paypal fee of 50 dollars applies!). I'll keep you all updated!

Edit: I may get slapped with paypal fees if I sell it on eBay (never sold anything on it before). Is that true? If so it might be better for me just to take the paypal cash! Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, BTW - the reason I am waiting is twofold. 1) The unit they send you is the base unit and I'd like to customize mine more than that allows. 2) I'd like to wait for some of the issues, like the heat and whine, to be fixed first. They should be by the time Merom comes out in August. I can wait until then.

afaik they go through and check out all your refs, to make sure they havent used fake addresses or anything. if any of them are 'dodgy' your account will be put on hold, but you can reapply for verification at any stage (in your case, if one of your refs doesnt check out, at least you have that 'bonus' one as a backup).

i'd say you'll not have much trouble.

as for ebay, basically any paypal transaction gets hit by a fee. basically its free to send money but receiving money costs a fee. i get hit by this every time i sell something on ebay. it sucks, basically.

i think it'd probably be less hassle for you just to take the paypal money straight from free4me, to be honest.

Munky, what is the $$ you are up to now in reimbursements....I'd really like to offer this for a MBP... but it's looking like $60 a person x11 = 660...which I don't have in the early stages of Dave Matthews Band's touring season.. LOL

well, im only up to two referral completions, so have only had to reimburse two folks. the first didnt want any money back (thanks redhed!) and the second only wanted the page1 offers reimbursed, as he won some money on partypoker (hi silentshab!). big ups to those guys. it basically means i'm 1/4 of the way to a macbook, and its only cost me $13 so far :(

OK, I'm just going to ask for paypal since the MBPs that have been selling on eBay have been fetching less than 1900. I may ask peter if I can use that extra ref to cover the paypal fees. :-)