ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

HI, I am using an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI-e card and I install your driver after a fresh install with now graphics drivers and when I restarted it just goes to a blue screen. If I press the power button and put it in sleep mode and start it again it works fine. Please help :D

I got my 3870 back and working under 10.5.4.

But...

My Sapphire 3870 is not usable after 10.5.5 update.

I installed 10.5.5, then re-installed your 3870 as I always have and now when I boot up and get past the Apple logo screen it goes blue and stays blue.

I can safe boot ok, but not normal boot anymore. I again re-installed 3870 package from within safe boot but alas I cant actually get working graphics after post.

Update

**Just saw a new 10.5.5 update

"and give Netkas the thanks :)

Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here"

Tested and my 3870 works again under 10.5.5**

I got my 3870 back and working under 10.5.4.

But...

My Sapphire 3870 is not usable after 10.5.5 update.

I installed 10.5.5, then re-installed your 3870 as I always have and now when I boot up and get past the Apple logo screen it goes blue and stays blue.

I can safe boot ok, but not normal boot anymore. I again re-installed 3870 package from within safe boot but alas I cant actually get working graphics after post.

Update

**Just saw a new 10.5.5 update

"and give Netkas the thanks :whistle:

Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here"

Tested and my 3870 works again under 10.5.5**

:(

to lastExile

"Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here""

Can you explain what exact is changed , modded in that newer pkg ?

Natit itself (the code) seems to be the same , only .plist is dated newer. ATINDRV code modded ?

Question:

I use orig ATI 10.5.5 drivers (exept TRIAKIS plugin insted of LAMNA in the ATINDRV) with EFI STRG ATI HD 3850 (MSI).

All is working , BUT:

its a bit ??? whay all OpenGL App which can show what OpenGLRenderer is used shows an ATI Radeon RV670 Prototype OpenGL Engine ?

Has it to do with the ATOMBIOS of HDRadeons and using injectors/gfxstrg didnt "shows" OS X (Apple) the card is an real Apple card ?

Dear ATI 38XX Users:

What OpenGL Engine is shown with YOUR ATI HD3850/ ATI 3870 / ATI 3870 PC/MAC card ?

(Can be shown be using freeware OpenGLExtensionsViewer)

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Bild_190.jpg

M/B : GA-P35-DS3R

CPU : Intel Core2Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz)

VGA : Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro 512MB Neverwinterknights II

QE/CI/GL Working!

Thanks!!! :(

to lastExile

"Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here""

Can you explain what exact is changed , modded in that newer pkg ?

Natit itself (the code) seems to be the same , only .plist is dated newer. ATINDRV code modded ?

Question:

I use orig ATI 10.5.5 drivers (exept TRIAKIS plugin insted of LAMNA in the ATINDRV) with EFI STRG ATI HD 3850 (MSI).

All is working , BUT:

its a bit ??? whay all OpenGL App which can show what OpenGLRenderer is used shows an ATI Radeon RV670 Prototype OpenGL Engine ?

Has it to do with the ATOMBIOS of HDRadeons and using injectors/gfxstrg didnt "shows" OS X (Apple) the card is an real Apple card ?

Dear ATI 38XX Users:

What OpenGL Engine is shown with YOUR ATI HD3850/ ATI 3870 / ATI 3870 PC/MAC card ?

(Can be shown be using freeware OpenGLExtensionsViewer)

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Simple Because vanilla kexts does not have a defintion for 3850 only 3870 now why did it say that before because of netkas patched the gl.bundle to get rid of white menu so he changed the PRototype to 3850 opengl render

my main issue right know is that I need to change the res from 1024x768 to 1400x900

applehacker :) , insert this in your com.apple.Boot:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1400x900x32</string>

MacOff

I use your lastest ATI Radeon HD - 10.5.x - 10.5.5 kexts,

No luck with HD3650 on 10.5.5 too.

Waiting for the next version of your installer

THX anyways :)

did you check that your dev id is inside the ATIRadeonX2000.kexts Info.plist?

Because if your card is running on AGP bus u should use this ATI RADEON HD 3650 AGP Version ( No AGPgart included )

DeviceID: 9596

instead of the 10.5.5 installer.

I just installed the new package for the HD2600 Pro PCIe. It worked successfully. Core Image : Hardware Accelerated; Quartz Extreme : Supported. My only question is that at the very top it says my card is a HD2600 XT but the Chipset Model says ATI Radeon HD 2600 as it should. Is there a string I can change somewhere to make this right?

I just installed the new package for the HD2600 Pro PCIe. It worked successfully. Core Image : Hardware Accelerated; Quartz Extreme : Supported. My only question is that at the very top it says my card is a HD2600 XT but the Chipset Model says ATI Radeon HD 2600 as it should. Is there a string I can change somewhere to make this right?

its just cosmetics nothing to worry ... taken the string from mac pro

''