ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi @ all,

first i must say. Great support.

But now my problem.

I try all drivers every time i have the same problem.

When i install the driver and i reboot.

I see booting then after some time i have a white screen with black moving horizontal lines.

Then i reboot again with -x but nothing change.

When i delete the NATIT.keks then i can boot normal.

I tryed so many times everytime the same.

I Have ATO X3870X2 with Asus Mainboard.

Is there anyone who can give me step by step manual ??

My MAC OS is Kaliway 10.5.2 without update because when i make update the same problem happend.

Greets

THX from the bottom of my heart !!!"i upgraded to 10.5.5 ,no QE/CI,and i tride "pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870".it is working for me now `that's amazing~really a good job ~ thankyou !! oh ,one more thing ,mine is ATI HD 2600Pro !

Hello mate

I have an AMD Rig on which i run Lawless PPC 10.5.2 (I presume)

My card is a HD2400 Pro PCIE @ 256 MB

Somewhere in this thread I read that its not at all supported in Leopard. Is that true? Is there anything which you suggest?

I have installed most of the Radeon pkgs mentioned here, on fresh installs. But to my utter disappointment, everything leaves me with a black blank screen.

Regards

Will ever be any drivers for HD 2600XT VGA on Tiger 10.4.11???

If it is impossible to find a driver, how can I patch it???

Please help :) ????

im in the process of making 2400. 2600, 2900 series Pcie & AGP work for Tiger :) coming very soon

Hello,

I have a ATI PCIe HD 2600 Pro 512Mo and have download the package on the first page as I need hardware acceleration on Leopard 10.5.5 :

ATI_Radeon_HD_-_10.5.x_-_10.5.5_kexts.zip

I have install it, reboot and when it boot I have this message

display: family specific matching fails

When the graphical interface appears, I have a unusable screen, it show some small square of pixel repeat on all the screen. I can't do anything in the graphical mode.

I was previously using my screen in a 1920x1200 resolution at 60Hz.

So, what's the problem ? The resolution or something to do with the install ?

How can I correct this problem ?

Thanks

With 25 pages of discussion I'm still a little clueless as to whether this is even gonna work. What's the story with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650? I am gonna have a 17" HD screen running 1920 x 1200 resolution. Is this gonna be supported lastExile? Just an easy question to prepare me for disappointment. :P

EDIT: Forgot to mention this will be my first install of OSX on a PC. I plan on running 10.5.5 Leopard hopefully.

Reako

I have install it, reboot and when it boot I have this message

display: family specific matching fails

When the graphical interface appears, I have a unusable screen, it show some small square of pixel repeat on all the screen. I can't do anything in the graphical mode.

Hello,

I have resolve the problem. Boot in restore mode (-x), delete all video drivers, install the pack again and it works.

I still have "display: family specific matching fails" message but I have the driver working in 1920x1200x60 with hardware acceleration ! Great !

Thanks for your drivers !

a lot of people out there(me to) are waiting for the ATI Radeon 3870X2. i´ve tried every method, but always with a negative end( blackscreen/whitescreen/bunch of purple and blue pixels). i´ve got it working on my old board(ga-ma-69vm-s2/AMD)maybe because i´ve got only one PCIe X16. my "new" board is p35-ds4/intel. modified the pciroot adress for the efi-string, beacuse of two PCIe X16. but no way.

Hi

i found a strange thing.

When i start my system and when the Apple is shown

on the Screen. I unplug the cable from tft then my

System is booting to the Desktop but when i connect again

the tft cable the system hangs. I try many times. Unplug the system is

working plug the system hangs. I can hear because my keyboard is working.

Maybe this information can help.

Hi there, I already have a macbook,

and now I bought a SONY VAIO VGN-FW139E

been doing a little research before installing the hackintosh.

Finally I did!

but now I only get 1024x768 resolution, which is awful! It can go up to 1600x900.. I was looking for something near that

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3400 Series

Please help me

I have a non working battery management, wi-fi, card reader, HDMI output

sniff

if anyone can help me here...

I really like my mac, but the sound system it's really weak

thnx anyway

LasExile, thank you for the work you have done. From the responses here it's been darn close to miraculous on this matter. I just wanted to ask if you see getting support for the latter mobilty HD series (3470 ect.). I would love to put another HD in this laptop and run leopard. I can wait though, i have a desktop game rig currently running with 8600gt with 10.5.2 so i'm good for now. So my OSX fix can be saited for awhile.

Thank you

Excellent work lastExile!!!.

I have a Sony VAIO FW170 with Intel GMA X4500MHD. I know there is full support for X3100. Since I don't think there is support for X4500MHD, I'm planning to get Dell Studio 15 or Dell Studio 17 or Dell Latitude E6500 notebook. The Dell Studio 15 has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450, Dell Studio 17 has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 and Dell Latitude E6500 has NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M. I'm a newbie here and wanted to get full hardware acceleration, QE and CI on any of these GPUs. I don't play much games but just wanted to get ATI/Nvidia as I wanted to get a dedicated GPU for all my video editing work.

I would have missed something. Is there already a fix available for either of the mentioned GPUs? I will be running Leopard 10.5.2 ~ 10.5.5.

Please help me.

Thanks.