ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

There are hopes for 2400xt 94c1 working on Leopard 10.5.5?

Don't works on Leo (all releases, all installers and kexts) for me.

Thanks, Giorgio.

HELLO, i have aitkos 2.0i running on my dell 690 with saphire hd3650 this is clean install now without any optional drivers.

ive tried installing the hd3650 pkg but to no joy. i just get a black screen on reboot. ive been through this various ways but dont know what to do perhaps im installing in the wrong location or is there some form of activating the kext in terminal.

can some lovely person help me.

.........ive now tried with pacifist and i now get a black n white sort of stripe effect?????????help

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

jas 10.5 server on a modded dell sc440:

- did not use the embedded driver from jas (when selected, installation would halt on the very end, could not be verified huh.gif )

- using: Sapphire HD 3650, PCI-E, 256MB DDR2/1GB HM

after installation i went into system/library/extensions

- deleted every file with ATI***

used pacifist to install only 3650 from your file

after reboot, in extensions there is only

- ATIRaedonX2000.kext and ATIRaedonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- quartz GL supported

- extreme not supported (on the client version of kalyway 10.5.2, after installing the entire driver package without any prior deletion extreme is supported)

I am still waiting for a solution for the ATI HD3450. Is there any chance that theres something beeing released soon or which graphic card should I get instead. Other than the graphic card my system seems to be quite compatible so I would like to have a cheap graphic card that ist most compatible as possible to Leopard.

Hi MacOff,

Could you indicate which way did you use efi string for your Mob HD3470, did you use Efistudio ? I've got a Mob HD3450, maybe it could work for it, it is stuck to low 1024x768 and i can see you have 1152x864!

Thanks

Hi MacOff,

Could you indicate which way did you use efi string for your Mob HD3470, did you use Efistudio ? I've got a Mob HD3450, maybe it could work for it, it is stuck to low 1024x768 and i can see you have 1152x864!

Thanks

For change resolution, insert this in your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1??0x?00x32</string>

?= your monitor resolution, yes i use EFIStudio but you must remove all ATI kext...

MacOff

OK Thanks, i'll test this evening, but before i just have a few newb questions ;) : to remove all ati kext i just have to go to system/library/extensions select all and put all in the trash or is there a terminal trick to do it ? Do i need natit kext instead ? for the resolution is it the same way as in this post : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=128387

For change resolution, insert this in your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1??0x?00x32</string>

?= your monitor resolution, yes i use EFIStudio but you must remove all ATI kext...

MacOff

is that ur best resolution?

Mine stucks at 1152*864, while the best is 1440*900

OK Thanks, i'll test this evening, but before i just have a few newb questions ;) : to remove all ati kext i just have to go to system/library/extensions select all and put all in the trash
Yes
Do i need natit kext instead ?
No
for the resolution is it the same way as in this post : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=128387

Thanks ;)

And yes... :D

Good luck, MacOff

Hi

First, I would like to thank you lastExile for your job, I cannot imagine how much time you could spend to work on some issues for these .pkg.

I tried Mac OS X kalyway 10.5.1 (upgraded fine to 10.5.3) few month ago and just forgot it somewhere on my hard drive. The problem is I cannot find any solution to get my graphic card to work (HD2900GT 256MB, device ID=9405)! I posted a message in July on the major topic relating to your .pkg, but I didn't get any answer for my problem... Could you please just have a look ? If you could do anything to help me that would be marvelous cause i'm now stuck @ res 1024x768 using a 1680x1050 monitor... Aouch x)

From July, 15th :

Hi guys,

First, please excuse my english, i'm french.

I installed kalyway 10.5.1 two days ago and updated it to 10.5.3 without any problem this afternoon (but didn't do it for the kernel for the moment). It works fine but the problem is I still cannot use my graphic card, so i cannot get more than a 1400x1050 res, and i need 1680x1050 to don not kill my eyes.

I have got an ATI HD2900GT 256Mo. I thought it should work fine with the HD2900XT&PRO package for the 10.5.3 version...

In the system profile i can see i've got 9405 as Dev ID but the hd2900 .pkg obviously got 9400,9401 and 9403 as dev IDs. Will it work if " someone" would add my ID to this package ? If so, can someone do it please? :P

If not, is there any way I can get my HD2900GT working ? I would like to get my res ok with my screen at least :s

GC : HD2900GT 256MB DDR3

PCIe x16

Dev ID : 9405

I'm using a full DVI cable. I don't get any display with a VGA cable and a VGA/DVI adapter plug on my GC on kalyway for the moment. Only one of my two DVI slots work on my GC (the left one, I don't get any display with the other one, but I don't use any other screen so it's fine for me).

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reading my message. I hope you could answer me soon!

Have a nice week-end.

Hi all,

I have a HD3870 and it works with 10.5.5 and Natit. I want to use the new megalodon framework with it instead of Lamna, what do I have to do? The latest Natit is only for 3850s? I took a look at the package sent by LastExile (god bless him =P) but it doesn't include aty_megalodon.kext at all.

And what I also find confusing: do I even need Natit anymore now that newer Macs work with 3870 vanilla? What if I just delete Natit.kext, would it be best to do that?

Edit: I just made a backup of the system and installed the latest Natit for 3850 and it seems to work. At least I get aty_megalodon reported (twice?!) in system info under extensions. But the confusion if we even need Natit anymore with 3870 remains...

Hi all,

I have a HD3870 and it works with 10.5.5 and Natit. I want to use the new megalodon framework with it instead of Lamna, what do I have to do? The latest Natit is only for 3850s? I took a look at the package sent by LastExile (god bless him =P) but it doesn't include aty_megalodon.kext at all.

And what I also find confusing: do I even need Natit anymore now that newer Macs work with 3870 vanilla? What if I just delete Natit.kext, would it be best to do that?

Edit: I just made a backup of the system and installed the latest Natit for 3850 and it seems to work. At least I get aty_megalodon reported (twice?!) in system info under extensions. But the confusion if we even need Natit anymore with 3870 remains...

so you get full CI/QE/ and so on ? cuz its located in 2 places

thank you guys for this thread that i'm sure offers a lot of help to ATI Radeon HD owners.

i have a brand new VAIO SR laptop with a Radeon HD 3400 graphic card. and i was reading that thread for the past month or so waiting for support to the 34XX chip and for the wifi chip that i have which is an intel link 5100 that doesn't seem to have support at all. i just want to ask is there a chance that the 34XX will be fully supported soon?

and how can i install the driver on my laptop if i have mac os x 10.5.2 kalway.

thanks everyone for taking the time to help specally LastExile.

My regards

AK

Hi lastExile,

with your latest installer for 10.5.5 and a Sapphire HD 3650 I get blue screen.

I've investigated further with ps command and this seems due to an infinite loop inside

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Resources/WindowServer -daemon

Do we have any hope that HD3650 will work for 10.5.5?

civetta, go to the previous page. 3650 does work for 10.5.5.

I've just tried that procedure with the driver referred there: only one monitor works and using the ddc info read from the other monitor (ddc swapped?)

Using latest driver from 1st post (http://tinyurl.com/3qcg8g) and the same procedure I still enter that infinite loop.

What else I can try?

UPDATE: This happens only if monitor on the first DVI port is connected via a DVI->VGA adapter. With a DVI monitor on the first port the driver works fine.

It's a known problem?

Hi lastExile, thanks for your reply! Everything is reported as working. However there are some oddities here. Megalodon is included in a loaded ATIRNDRV.kext AND ATINDRV.kext!? What's going on? Shall I delete one of them?

megalodon1ae9.jpg

No, both .kexts (with their farmework plugins) are needed to work.

Also the information from systemprofiler about .kexts maybe a bit confusing - its an difference if .kexts are AVAILABLE(=in the extensions folder) OR are LOADED(=working/active)!

To verify what .kexts are LOADED (= working/active) you have to start terminal and type : kextstat

You get an list of all loaded (=working) .kexts.

You will find always only one same named .kext, never 2 or more with same name. !

To LastExile :

Do you know whats the differences between those framebuffer drivers ?

I use the TRIAKIS - only one worked for my ATI 3850(MSI). Some use LAMNA and now Megalodon with same GPU Class ATI HD 38XX ???!!!!

Also ??? named -who named them so (fantasiy names or from ATI , drunk programmers ,...) ?

Googel ing didnt help at all: Megalodon is an SHARK ?!

background of my question:

Are those framebuffers exchangeable because some use LAMNA, some TRIAKIS, some Megalodon with EQUAL GPU Type ?!