ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

need some people try out somethings so report back kthx.. :)

oh yeah Will make a proper working installer for 3870x2 very soon :P

3400 series users will be happy soon :)

Thanks very much for all the work you are doing lastExile.

I am waiting for the driver for 3450, and would be happy to do any testing for you.

3400.png

screencapturejv3.th.png

Why are my results much lower than aznracer's results? Could it be my dual-screen setup (1920x1200 and 1600x1200)?

XBENCH Values , also the Quartz+OpenGL are very CPU / L2 Cache dependend!

And it doenst matter at which ersolution you run XBENCH (that the bad thing for OpenGL benches), because XBENCH always uses

a way to small window for 2D/3D benches.

You can compare those only if you have near same CPU.

With same GPU, for example ATI 3850 you can get complete different values running one 3850 with INtel E2160 and the other with Intel Quad CPU!

XBENCH Values , also the Quartz+OpenGL are very CPU / L2 Cache dependend!

And it doenst matter at which ersolution you run XBENCH (that the bad thing for OpenGL benches), because XBENCH always uses

a way to small window for 2D/3D benches.

You can compare those only if you have near same CPU.

With same GPU, for example ATI 3850 you can get complete different values running one 3850 with INtel E2160 and the other with Intel Quad CPU!

Ahh! Thanks for that info again mitch_de! That also explains why my values improved since I overclocked my system slightly from 2.4GHz to 2.7GHz (XBench total went up from 220 to 260). Seeing that aznracer overclocked his Q6600 to 3.6GHz the difference is consequential.

Sensei730000: I'm using Chan Nun's SMBIOS which is what's responsible for that I think.

As a sidenote: Is anyone here using the 3870 or another ATI card with Maya? When I pan/rotate the view in Maya I get some strange horizontal scanlines on my LCD screen, but not on my second monitor which is a CRT. Nothing dramatic, but nevertheless annoying. I recently played with the Modo demo and don't get the effect there, although it also uses OpenGL. Just wondering if what I'm seeing is a Maya bug, or something I could fix. Too bad there's no proper control panel for the card built into OS X.

hey guys, the new hd3650pcie drivers i installed don't seem to be working. The beta drivers give me a garbled screen with a functional mouse while the other one gives still gives me the blue screen with functional mouse problem while other people seem to be reporting success. Am I missing something? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

hey guys, the new hd3650pcie drivers i installed don't seem to be working. The beta drivers give me a garbled screen with a functional mouse while the other one gives still gives me the blue screen with functional mouse problem while other people seem to be reporting success. Am I missing something? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hey Spacekebab i just got the 3650hd yesterday with device id 9598 what i did to get it to work is i used the old driver thats on the first page. firstly boot on safe boot and delete any ATI related kext or anything with ati on it at least thats what i did then it will boot on normal then install the driver you downloaded hope it helps.

None of the 3650 drivers work on my Asus 3650 Silent Magic in 10.5.5. There is no QE, and the system will not boot regularly. I will get either a scrambled screen, a blue screen, or a black screen. Hopefully this helps updating them.

Thanks for all your work.

Hey Spacekebab i just got the 3650hd yesterday with device id 9598 what i did to get it to work is i used the old driver thats on the first page. firstly boot on safe boot and delete any ATI related kext or anything with ati on it at least thats what i did then it will boot on normal then install the driver you downloaded hope it helps.

OMG thank you so much!!! Worked perfectly. The key was deleting all of the ATI Kexts from the Extensions folder which i wasnt doing before.

Sorry to stress any answered questions, but does the progress on the HD Mobility 34xx series impose any hope for us HD Mobility 3650 users?

TIA!

Hey Reako is your device id 9598 if it is do the method i tried (Look at my previous posting above) it might work for you good luck

None of the 3650 drivers work on my Asus 3650 Silent Magic in 10.5.5. There is no QE, and the system will not boot regularly. I will get either a scrambled screen, a blue screen, or a black screen. Hopefully this helps updating them.

Thanks for all your work.

OMG thank you so much!!! Worked perfectly. The key was deleting all of the ATI Kexts from the Extensions folder which i wasnt doing before.

Seems simple enough, will try it when I get home, thank you!