ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

guys will be never a support for 3470mob?

If you read through the thread, you'll see the 34xx support is still being worked on by Exile.... there are lots of people waiting for it (including me), but it'll be ready when he has time to finish it. Patience is the key... if you want a FrankenMac, you have to expect that there may be things that don't work right away like this.

Hi,

I've got a Macbook Pro through work but i'm new to the whole osx86 thing.

Just bought a Dell Vostro 410, C2Q, with a Radeon 3650

Currently got a dual boot of vista and osx, I used iAtkos4i.

the osx install had a driver option for x3000 series, so I picked that, but after installation and reboot I got a screen full of black and white squares. I managed to get it partially working by installing the ATI Radeon HD package, but only by using -x "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32@60" when booting. That let me in, but only in safe mode, and only at 1600x1200. Since then I used a package installer to extract and overwrite files, and I managed to get it in 1920x1200 in safe mode, but ony by using the -x "Graphics Mode" line at boot.

So, in short, i'm stuck in safe mode with CI in software mode and no QE. If I leave it to boot normally, I just get the black and white squares of death. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Hm, has anyone tried it yet? That link is like 5 months old.

I believe there is support for the 24xx, but not the Radeon Mobility 24xx, which is what people all seem to be asking for. LastExile or someone can correct me on this if I am wrong, God knows I make mistakes... LOL

It'd sure be nice if ATI/AMD would use different numbering schemes for their Radeon and Radeon Mobility lines as it would sure solve a lot of people's problem with stuff like this. I have a Radeon 3450 PCIe card, and a Radeon Mobility 3470 in my notebook. I can make the 3450 work, but the 3470 is still a no-go unless I want 1024x768 with QE/CI. But I have faith in LastExile, he seems to be able to work magic with drivers. :(

Ohai everyone !

Update: Aug-30.2008

ATI RADEON HD 3650 AGP installer coming very soon.

so 10.5.3 update just releeased so here are the updated kexts and so on for the whole Radeon HD series

what needs to be reported back is for 2400 users,2600 and 3650 users for what works and what doesnt

report back on dvi on 2400 !

AGP users might need to reinstall AGPgart a updated one check the threads for a newer release

for some users that are on nvidia nforce motherboards delete all nvidia and geforce kexts that are the for the video cards, seems like nforce chipset has a conflict with the kexts

Need some testers for AGP cards like ATI Radeon HD 3850

Current testing 3690, 3450

Mobility still being researched and still PITA only external monitor

oh tho need testers for it on 10.5.3 kexts

report back on the installers how they work and so on !

the links will be updated as soon as people reports back on bugs

for direct help Join irc.osx86.hu #RadeonHD

and give Netkas the thanks ;)

ATI Radeon HD 2400pro AGP

Device ID: 94c4

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT pcie

Device ID 94c1

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2400pro

Device ID: 94c3

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600pro PciE

Device ID: 9589

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Device ID: 9588

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600pro AGP

Device ID:9587

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2600XT AGP

Device ID: 9586

Download

ATI Radeon HD 2900XT/PRO

Device ID: 9400/9403/9401

Update: Download

ATI Radeon HD 3650

Device ID:9598

Download

ATI Radeon HD 3850

Device ID:9505

Download

UPDATE: Download

ATI Radeon HD 3870

Device ID:9501

Download

(for users that still need tiger)

ATI Radeon HD 2400 series

ATI Radeon HD 2600 series

ATI Radeon HD 2900 series

All PCIe version the AGP Version will be posted soon

Download

Hi LastExile

I installed ATI Radeon HD 3650 Device ID:9598 on kalyway 10.5.2 when reboot not display Monitor to show No signal on black screen and jas 10.5.4 had same problem

I think it this driver not support HIS Radeon HD3650 DDR3/512 MB card

please help me to solution this problem

thank you very much

Asus P5Q

Intel Q6600

Kingbox 4 GB/800

HIS Radeon HD3650 DDR3/512 MB

Hi LastExile

I installed ATI Radeon HD 3650 Device ID:9598 on kalyway 10.5.2 when reboot not display Monitor to show No signal on black screen and jas 10.5.4 had same problem

I think it this driver not support HIS Radeon HD3650 DDR3/512 MB card

please help me to solution this problem

thank you very much

Asus P5Q

Intel Q6600

Kingbox 4 GB/800

HIS Radeon HD3650 DDR3/512 MB

Tried DVI or VGA maybe both ?

Tried DVI or VGA maybe both ?

Any thoughts on DDC miswiring? My Sapphire 3650 512M works great except I have to swap DVI-D connectors after each boot (and system sleep). One monitor is rotated 90 degrees so it's very obvious that the detected monitors are backwards.

Over on the XFree86 radeon driver there's a concept of a ConnectorTable which describes the manufacturer-specific way a particular board has chip pins wired to connectors. I believe part of the point of ATOMBIOS is to contain this kind of information, but given how badly Sapphire has screwed up stuff like the fan table, I don't have much faith that the Windows driver actually trusts the contents of the BIOS.

Oh yeah, my displays don't sleep either. It's really...weird to have to remember to turn off a computer monitor.

Anyway, thanks for your continuing help here with the drivers. I'm not expecting this to be fixed (I'm happy with the current driver) but the symptom seemed like it might point to a solution to other people's more dire problems.

Hi

I installed the driver package for ATI HD 2400 Pro on ideneb 10.5.4. I also added the preferred resolution in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist. I am able to get the desired resolution up to the point where I get a blue flash on the screen and the screen goes dead ( No signal ). This is with the DVI connector. Now from the point I give the boot -v command to the point the screen goes blank I know the screen is in the correct resolution because when I use the info on the monitor it says ( 1920x1200 ). I don't know what happens after than. Any who has got this to run beyond the blue screen or has the solution to how to get further ???

Hey LastExile, First let me say nice work so far with the ati goodness.

I also have the new Sony FW and I'm wanting to rock the VaiOsx, it has the HD 3400 series as you know. its the 3470

Anyway i would be willing to donate some money your way if you could get that kext working a little faster. Not trying to be rude, i don't want to be another "YOU SAID A FEW HOURS!" A$$holes that are trying to rush somebody who is taking time out of there own life to develop for a seemingly ungrateful crowd.

And i would think other people on this forum would be willing to donate as well.

what do you guys think?

let me know if you need any spec information or anything that would help ya out....even if it's just a six pack.

keep up the good work.

So i made some research on the 10.5.5 kexts just to confirm some things that has been changed

1. ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Device id: 9589 has fixed white menu bug by apple

2. ATI Radeon HD 3850 Device id: :9505 has fixed white menus bug by apple

so what does this mean it means that you most likely can just use natit or EFI String also check device id in info.plist of ATIRadeonx2000.kext before reboot

ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP and 3690 might work without a glitch

Maybe 3650 will work like 3850 and 2600pro still needs some research on it

im still doing research on 3400 series and work is kicking my ass :D

Pinchy, are you saying that you actually have a 3450 running with full hardware support? If not, exactly which aspects are working for you, and what install version/method did you use?

Sorry, I have to apologize for that message, I think I was asleep at the wheel when I wrote it. I've got a 3650 PCIe card, not a 3450PCIe card. My mistake, sorry!

I find it interesting that Apple has fixed some of the issues with the drivers in 10.5.5... I think they are using our community to fix their problems the same way they did the OpenDarwin project - which shut down because of lack of input from Apple and the general feeling of being exploited for information to fix their problems. And people seem to have this impression that Apple is some sort of messiah to the computer industry, and God knows they are more evil than Microsoft!!! :blink:

25q41ut.png

ok So we have a had a tester named bla he got his ATI Radeon HD 3850 working with the 3850 installer for pcie they share the same device id 9505 :) still needs some testing as far as opengl and so on but so far so good