ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

hello

ATIRNDRV.kext hum...

in my package 3870x2.pkg i have a modified "ATIRNDRV.kext" and of course no work on 10.5.5

we should look inside this new ATIRNDRV.kext ans see the difference with the "old"??

idea?

anyone couls post original ATIRNDRV.kext from 10.5.5?

Thanks alot for the clarification mitch! I typed in the command and got as a result that the driver and the megalodon framework is loaded. So everything seems fine. The only question that remains is, if we still need the Natit to get the driver to work with the 3870, or if the system would find the card by itself?

And yes a megalodon was a prehistoric shark ;)

anyone couls post original ATIRNDRV.kext from 10.5.5?

You can find the original ATIRNDRV.kext into MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.pkg on Apple site...........

I've just tried that procedure with the driver referred there: only one monitor works and using the ddc info read from the other monitor (ddc swapped?)

Using latest driver from 1st post (http://tinyurl.com/3qcg8g) and the same procedure I still enter that infinite loop.

What else I can try?

UPDATE: This happens only if monitor on the first DVI port is connected via a DVI->VGA adapter. With a DVI monitor on the first port the driver works fine.

It's a known problem?

this happens regardless for me, are you guys talking about the standby fix? is the fact that I can't get my monitor to standby a completely different issue perhaps?

SOLVED!

I finally got my ATI 3870 running with full support and dual monitor setup.

It was a hardware problem, not a software one (thanks lastexile).

After i changed my motherboard from a Nforce to an AMD one, my gfx card

got recognized by the drivers in this thread.

i´m sorry to say that this is not working for me

i got a sapphire hd3870 ultimate (passive cooling, id:9501) and all i get is a garbled screen or reboot

i´m running a dualscreen dvi setup, could that be a problem?

ps: sorry for crossposting, but i tried different driver/solutions so i´m looking

for answers everywhere Radeon 3850/3870 thread :blink:

Thanks alot for the clarification mitch! I typed in the command and got as a result that the driver and the megalodon framework is loaded. So everything seems fine. The only question that remains is, if we still need the Natit to get the driver to work with the 3870, or if the system would find the card by itself?

And yes a megalodon was a prehistoric shark :)

do some benchmark tests with xbench geekbench and Opengl Viewer

need some people try out somethings so report back kthx.. :P

oh yeah Will make a proper working installer for 3870x2 very soon ;)

3400 series users will be happy soon :D

Thanks alot for the clarification mitch! ..... The only question that remains is, if we still need the Natit to get the driver to work with the 3870, or if the system would find the card by itself?

And yes a megalodon was a prehistoric shark :rolleyes:

Megalodon cames and Mom says to her son: Oh Boy, don´t fear, he only will play a bit :(

Natit:

Yes, i think you need natit (does inject infos into the OS X system) OR graficstrings (EFI, also injects same info as natit to OS X) at boottime (like me).

I dont have natit but the gfxstrings at boottime. Without both it will nor run i think.

Megalodon cames and Mom says to her son: Oh Boy, don´t fear, he only will play a bit :D

Natit:

Yes, i think you need natit (does inject infos into the OS X system) OR graficstrings (EFI, also injects same info as natit to OS X) at boottime (like me).

I dont have natit but the gfxstrings at boottime. Without both it will nor run i think.

lol if your running mega check your temp on the card if its cooler or still the same :D

:) @Mitch

I did some benchmarks. Are the results of any use (as I did everything at the default settings)?

I had lots of stuff open when I did the benchmark. I don't know how much difference it makes as I don't know what to compare it to:

screencapture2ta5.png

screencaptureiz7.png

And geekbench:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/80257

I can't measure the GPU temp. How can I do that? Under Fusion?

Another thing that is probably worth mentioning is that I modified my BIOS in that I limited low and high 3D to 300MHz and 777MHz and reduced fan speeds. OSX always uses the high setting anyway though doesn't it? However when I load a project in Modo, wiggle/pan/rotate the view quickly in my WinXP system and check Rivatuner's hardware monitor I can see it switching from low to high. The fan also goes quicker after a while. In OSX the fan always remains silent though. Could it be that the card is stuck in low 3D mode?

:) @Mitch

I did some benchmarks. Are the results of any use (as I did everything at the default settings)?

I had lots of stuff open when I did the benchmark. I don't know how much difference it makes as I don't know what to compare it to:

screencapture2ta5.png

screencaptureiz7.png

And geekbench:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/80257

I can't measure the GPU temp. How can I do that? Under Fusion?

Another thing that is probably worth mentioning is that I modified my BIOS in that I limited low and high 3D to 300MHz and 777MHz and reduced fan speeds. OSX always uses the high setting anyway though doesn't it? However when I load a project in Modo, wiggle/pan/rotate the view quickly in my WinXP system and check Rivatuner's hardware monitor I can see it switching from low to high. The fan also goes quicker after a while. In OSX the fan always remains silent though. Could it be that the card is stuck in low 3D mode?

hmm thats low for a Q6600

Attention people ! post some benchmarks

I have a ATI Radeon HD 3650 Device ID:9598 installed on a nForce 4 motherboard with a AMD phenom cpu.

The Old HD 3650 installer works perfectly after removing the CPUIDs from the OpenGL.framework. Maybe you could make any future releases AMD friendly.

The New HD 3650 just hangs at the blue screen.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 3650 Device ID:9598 installed on a nForce 4 motherboard with a AMD phenom cpu.

The Old HD 3650 installer works perfectly after removing the CPUIDs from the OpenGL.framework. Maybe you could make any future releases AMD friendly.

The New HD 3650 just hangs at the blue screen.

k :)

Bleh! Somehow the multiplier on my board is fixed to 9 (P5W DH Deluxe). I remember that I tried to change this right after I built the PC half a year ago with the same negative results. Outcome of my experiments is that I'll keep the FSB at 266MHz for now. I'll get a new heatsink, raise the CPU FSB to 333MHz with the corresponding voltages (which those are I have yet to find out) at some point in the future, but for now all the hassle is of no value to me as the speed is sufficient for my demands. All I did was setting the RAM to 800MHz, but looking at the new Geekbench results there isn't a huge heap of performance increase (as expected). If you're curious the new results can be seen here: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/80305

Also the new framebuffer doesn't seem to do anything. But I haven't seen any negative results as of yet also, so I'll keep it for now. Thanks last Exile for your help! And also mitch_de (are you german?)! I really appreciate your help :censored2:

My system is too slow? Well I haven't bothered yet to run it overclocked. The RAM is a CL4 800, so I could try to unlock the multiplier and run it at 6x 400MHz. Let's see if that changes something...

not sure what might slow it down but that score should be above 5300 points ;) but good enough

Hi I have just installed tiger jas 10.4.8 intel sse2/sse3..all work perfect lan audio etc except the videocard.. I have a radeon hd 2600 xt agp 512mb but when i reboot after install the package i get a black screen.. i have choose the correct package but doesn't work..

i must update the system to work drivers? i have not last release of tiger 10.4.11 i have 10.4.8..

can you help me guys?why don't work drivers?? ;)