Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Audigy 2 ZS with Lion: frequent crackles. No solution here :'(

I am running 10.7.1 using a SBLive! soundcard with 10k2 chip i guess :) I had endless crackles until i activated speedstepping via chameleon P-States. Previously my system ran at maximum voltage and my kxaudio device crackled horribly. Maybe this helps. I checked working speedstepping with this nice tiny app VoodooMonitor. Install VoodooMonitor.kext in S/L/E (best with kextwizard) and run VoodooMonitor app. Here you can see changing voltages according to your cpu use. I do use DSDT but with no native speedstepping mod added - only via chameleon.

VoodooMonitor.zip

Hope this helps

I am running 10.7.1 using a SBLive! soundcard with 10k2 chip i guess ;) I had endless crackles until i activated speedstepping via chameleon P-States. Previously my system ran at maximum voltage and my kxaudio device crackled horribly. Maybe this helps. I checked working speedstepping with this nice tiny app VoodooMonitor. Install VoodooMonitor.kext in S/L/E (best with kextwizard) and run VoodooMonitor app. Here you can see changing voltages according to your cpu use. I do use DSDT but with no native speedstepping mod added - only via chameleon.

VoodooMonitor.zip

Hope this helps

Thx, i'll try this now! :(

In org.chameleon.Boot i can see:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

How can i learn information about DSDT and his configuration?

EDIT: voodoomonitor doesn't work on my system... it crashes on startup :/

Thx, i'll try this now! :(

In org.chameleon.Boot i can see:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

How can i learn information about DSDT and his configuration?

EDIT: voodoomonitor doesn't work on my system... it crashes on startup :/

Do you use any dsdt.aml in E/E and if so - where did you get it from?

I don't use any dsdt.aml on this machine :(

Try this patching app

DSDT_Patcher_Linux_Mac_Win.zip

running windows (if you have it installed). Run "DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar".

Do following steps: Extract DSDT from System (yes) - left dropdown (Generic) - Apply. Now you must have a very basic dsdt.aml (maybe in same path as .jar but I don't remember). Save that dsdt.aml to your E/E folder in OSX and edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist with

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>

restart and tell me what happens :P

update!!!

copied kext on /System/library/extension

chmod -R 755 kXAudioDriver.kext/

chown -R root:wheel kXAudioDriver.kext/

kextload kXAudioDriver.kext/

Work on my system!!!

Hi all I have my Audigy 2 ZS PCI working in Lion.

But one question about the post quoted above... What the heck does "copied kext on /S/L/E mean? Is it supposed to say "Copy kext TO S/L/E?" (the kext was already at this location after I ran the installer package in my case...) I want to clarify in case somebody else is confused with it... (I did not need to do this step btw... it worked fine right after the package install.)

Thx

Edit... I just realized that I don't have any input options... Has anybody figured this out?

Try this patching app

DSDT_Patcher_Linux_Mac_Win.zip

running windows (if you have it installed). Run "DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar".

Do following steps: Extract DSDT from System (yes) - left dropdown (Generic) - Apply. Now you must have a very basic dsdt.aml (maybe in same path as .jar but I don't remember). Save that dsdt.aml to your E/E folder in OSX and edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist with

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>

restart and tell me what happens ;)

I'm testing this basic dsdt.aml but it seems to have no effect. :'(

Hi Guys! I use the EMU 0404 Card, I have done for since Leopard 10.5. Its a great card! Ok so I know that every time you restart you have no sound! Until you type in edspctrl into the terminal. This is a real pain!

In order to upload FPGA firmware after reboot, open Terminal and type 'edspctrl'

Here is a small LaunchAgents script to get round this problem! No more typing into the terminal on reboot, or sleep!

Just download the attached file and drop it in /System/Library/LaunchAgents and reboot!

(NOT /Users/YOUNAME/Library/LaunchAgents)

Now you have sound after reboot and sleep WITHOUT typing edspctrl into the terminal all the time!

Works in Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion.

edspctrl.plist.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

thanks for this; Audigy 2 ZS working in 'output' but unfortunately no 'input' and so no microphone......anybody has any idea why?

thanks in advance for your hard work

Forgot to mention that I have installed the lot by using the dmg file; it installed kxmanager and kxac97 but both are not working....open and close..

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!

kX works well with Audigy 1 24/48, but i use 96k files as well.

Is there any support for 24/96 playback with Audigy 2? It would be the cheapest and most common card to use.

If the Audigy 2 does not support 24/96 please suggest a card from the list.

thanks in advance

Hello, all. my dell xps 420 hackintosh been running great. i was using voodoo HDA to get the audio working.

I would like to use the optical out so i can get 5.1 sound.

i tried using the kX Driver for OS X 1.11b0 and 1.3b0. both of which doesn't even show up under audio in preference.

my dell configuration listed the integrated audio as "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition", i'm not sure which it is audigy 2?

any help on this would gladly appreciated.

i'm on lion 10.7.2 btw

• 1 month later...

Hello, all. my dell xps 420 hackintosh been running great. i was using voodoo HDA to get the audio working.

I would like to use the optical out so i can get 5.1 sound.

i tried using the kX Driver for OS X 1.11b0 and 1.3b0. both of which doesn't even show up under audio in preference.

my dell configuration listed the integrated audio as "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition", i'm not sure which it is audigy 2?

any help on this would gladly appreciated.

i'm on lion 10.7.2 btw

The software edition of the "audigy" is just some software settings (dll's and such) to support some of the functions of Creative cards in software instead of hardware. It will not work with this driver. sorry.

Also (on a side note), This driver works on Mt Lion 10.8 DP1 the same as it does in 10.7.2 and 10.7.3.

Ok so I'm relatively new to the whole Hackintosh scene and this is the first hackintosh I have made. I have been trying to get a creative sound blaster live! 5.1 EMU10K1-JFF to work but have been unsuccessful so far :( I am running OSX 10.7 (Lion) and have installed kXAudioDriver-1.11b0 and then entered the following in terminal:

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

kextload /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

I even tried:

kextunload /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

But it didnt work either :( The sound card doesnt show up in the Sound (System Preferences), Audio MIDI Setup or System information

If anybody has any suggestions then please let me know. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Guys! I use the EMU 0404 Card, I have done for since Leopard 10.5. Its a great card! Ok so I know that every time you restart you have no sound! Until you type in edspctrl into the terminal. This is a real pain!

In order to upload FPGA firmware after reboot, open Terminal and type 'edspctrl'

Here is a small LaunchAgents script to get round this problem! No more typing into the terminal on reboot, or sleep!

Just download the attached file and drop it in /System/Library/LaunchAgents and reboot!

(NOT /Users/YOUNAME/Library/LaunchAgents)

Now you have sound after reboot and sleep WITHOUT typing edspctrl into the terminal all the time!

Works in Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion.

edspctrl.plist.zip

Great thanks man, i had troubles with my 1212M and it s working perfect now !

• 1 month later...

for those that are nobs like me...audigy se like sb0570 will never work with kx driver under mac os x

and for 5.1....it's not like in windows ...

you must have 5.1 sound file to join 5.1

read more on

http://guides.macrum...put_in_Mac_OS_X

the informations where very helpfull for me!

Hello guys,

I`ve done all the steps,, but didn`t work with Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 Sb0570

Lion 10.7.1

Is there any chance to find driver for this ??

Thanks in advance

hy friend...sb0570 will never work

Ok so I'm relatively new to the whole Hackintosh scene and this is the first hackintosh I have made. I have been trying to get a creative sound blaster live! 5.1 EMU10K1-JFF to work but have been unsuccessful so far :( I am running OSX 10.7 (Lion) and have installed kXAudioDriver-1.11b0 and then entered the following in terminal:

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

I even tried:

kextunload /system/library/extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext/

But it didnt work either :( The sound card doesnt show up in the Sound (System Preferences), Audio MIDI Setup or System information

If anybody has any suggestions then please let me know. Thanks

friend,first i have tried with an sb0570...and i have done some things..when i puted my new sb0240 on my hack,

the card was recognized,but sounds was appears and disappears,

i have done a clean install ,and as sound device...i have instal only the audigy 2

try this,,,,

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

kX CT4870 10k1 [e880]

Have worked in snow leo. Now it won't work with ML 10.8.4. Is there someone that have to work it out?

After instaling KX driver and edspctrl.plist.zip  I can see KX signature under system report/hardware but no sound.

If some one also could provide steps for enabling audio in ML 10.8.4 it would be of great help.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...