Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Guest ѕиоѡ

Speaking of 10.5.8

For sleep to be working now AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement is required to run but that in return requires a patched dsdt.aml file in your root dir and that in return blocks the KX driver from loading.

Any ideas on how to fix this? (by adding Audigy to the dsdt for instance)

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

Audigy 2 ZS

Onboard sound just sputtered noise.

Installed Audigy and still get distortion on Youtube or VLC player . Sound effects play clean. Wasn't sure about AMD setup. But pretty good install with iDeneb 10.5.8 and 9.8 Voodoo kernel. Turned off onboard sound in bios, pretty much the same.

Asus M3A78-EM board. With AMD X2 dual-core.

Thanks for the Driver,

Watching for new release's and check the thread again for pointers

Would be work in Snow Leopard in 32 bit mode?

Doesn't work for me

Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: Warning - com.kXProject.driver.kXAudioDriver declares no kernel dependencies; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.3b0
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::initHardware(0x5700b00)
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::free()
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

Doesn't work for me

Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: Warning - com.kXProject.driver.kXAudioDriver declares no kernel dependencies; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.3b0
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::initHardware(0x5700b00)
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::free()
Sep  5 20:44:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x5cc9400]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

I got it working just by swapping the pci slot on where the sound blaster was inserted.

Now it works, but if I use soundflower I get the distortion on about ONE!! minute. Without soundflower I don't get the distortion never.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Started group donation thread on a biggest and serious russian music makers forum to stimulate Eugene work on driver, make it STABLE and with all possible functions, at least record.For example I have troubles with my emu 1820 latency 4 gb ram, dualcore.

Who is interested, please let me know here or on driverheaven.

Eugene says that work on driver will be speed up, but depends how much money we will collect. I think 20-30 bucks is not a problem?

Of course you can make your own donation, our group donation will be under control without doubt.

Read more: http://www.driverheaven.net/mac-os-x-drive...s-x-driver.html

rmmedia

I have a creative Audigy 2 ZS and get sound using the newest driver. However, it only works for a few minutes. after that, anything i play is filled with static and eventually i just get popping sounds. Unloading the Kext and reloading fixes it until it happens again, requiring another reload. Any ideas anyone? Running Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Tested stereo speakers n cable on another computer and they work fine.

Got the sound working with the latest driver on SL but i had a quick question... the volume control in the menu bar at the top, that doesnt seem to function.. i move hte volume slider down and it immediately goes back to the top.. is that normal? or is there a fix for that as well.?

• 2 weeks later...

Ребят, всех благодарю!но вот ещё один момент: что по драйверу ASIO/ASIO2 для аудиджи2 платинум посоветуете?!

LOGIC STUDIO 9 у меня видимо от этого тупит! проц шкалит когда VST плагин цепляешь,

особенно MINIMONSTA и MASSIVE ? у кого тоже так или кто тестил!??? 

а если 2 вст инструмента разных одновременно так вообще полный ппц!

так как с WAV в лодже нет проблем, не тупит, нексус на половину! 

прочитал всю ветку ни кто про этот момент не пишет!

для лоджика и вст плагинов необходимо ASIO! на винде с этим нет проблем..