Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

KX Audio 1.3b0

All working well with EMU 0404 PCI Card! on Leo 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.0 & 10.6.1

Only problems I have are...

1. the sound is to loud, have to have OSX master volume very low (but im in a studio with BIG monitors) this really isnt an issue.

2. Sleep works fine BUT Loading of the kext driver or FPGA firmware isnt working after sleep, (ie: I put OSX to sleep and wake it back up to no sound at all. Need to run edspctrl to get souynd back.

PS. I have mad a script that loads the FPGA firmware on startup so you DONT have to go to the terminal and type edspctrl every time you start up! only problem is getting to restart after sleep. willing to share this, would the maker of the driver need it for anything 1st?

Anyone got any info about getting the driver to load after sleep without having to type edspctrl

i have a creative audigy soundcard, the sound works but i cant get 5.1 to work, if i go into audio midi and configure my speakers to 5.1, they work in there, but i cant get 5.1 sound from itunes or vlc.

someone help please?

Most music files are not 5.1 sound so it is not to be expected that you will get it from them, now some speakers like mine have a mode you can enable to fake 5.1 by duplicating the existing channels you may want to check to see if yours support this.

Most music files are not 5.1 sound so it is not to be expected that you will get it from them, now some speakers like mine have a mode you can enable to fake 5.1 by duplicating the existing channels you may want to check to see if yours support this.

i have Logitech X530 speakers, im not sure if they support fake 5.1. Is there any other way i can enable this?

thanks for the reply, Mplayer works like a charm but i cant get the other method to work, once i do it all and change my sound in system preferences to soundflower(16) i dont get any sound at all.

Thats looking good!!!

Oh dear! what happened oxtie?

Oh nothing happened  ;) (so got my old driver up and running... hehe). But he did mention its for Snow Leo which indicates only those dudes with Snow Leo may run this successfully. So far, my hardware is not compatible (mostly...., i think) until someone from around here has more drivers... 

edit: thought E would release stable drv by now...

Question:

I'm under iAtkos V7, and I definitely miss the control panel that's present in Windows.

Plus, the "kX Manager" application in Applications/Utilities is totally useless.. it's an almost empty window, the only thing present being a "Reset E-DSP" button.

Besides that, I'm amazed that my card (SB Live 5.1 Digital Studio) worked right after installing the drivers =D

EDIT: Read the FAQ, and there it says that "kX Manager does nothing" xD

O {censored}! :( I wasn't exactly gonna put it there (the dload Link) ... although he did give me permission to post email in there... so I'm guessing no harm done? :dev:

> > I was having an idea to put screenshots and reviews on InsanelyMac

> > Forum :) with your permission (will make some nice demand hehe

> > eventually).

> >

> > At the moment can I post this email of yours? to cheer them up??? :D

>

> yes, ok :)

>

> E.

>

:huh: "W-Tiggeh", I'm assuming you're talking about 1.3b0.

kX Manager etc works on other user's Snow Leo system??? What about Normal Leo (10.5) anyone tried it? Any errors? (after an hour)??

1.3b0 x86 works fine on x86 & 1.11b0 works fine on x86 (10.6 mode or 10.5)??? so many dudes got this and yet no feedback? 100 downloads so far.

Sick of using my SB Extigy in 32Bit mode (due to 10.5.6 Audio kexts) in Snow Leopard, I bit the bullet and shoved in my old Audigy into the machine.

In 32 and 64 bit mode, I was getting the same error as most ppl

kXAudioDevice[0x7b88200]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.11b0

kXAudioDevice[0x7b88200]::initHardware(0x7bdea00)

kXAudioDevice[0x7b88200]::free()

kXAudioDevice[0x7b88200]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

I then changed my PCI slot, disabled my Onboard Azalia (through BIOS) and disabled my CPU Overclock. One of them did the trick n kX picked up my Audigy.

Now I have sweet sweet sound in Snow Leopard 64Bit 10.6.2 using the 1.11b0 drivers.

NOTE: sleep works fine. Thanks oxtie and eugene.

NOTE2: Re-enabled my Overclock and my Azalia. The kX driver is still working perfect. Lesson being try changing ur PCI Slots.

Since this is a test build, expect issues (specially with AC97 and/or with kX manager). If it works (or doesn't), please let others know here, collective feeds generate better noise and E can focus on demanded feature... :)

In case someone wants to see Eugene (aka Eugene k2) in action, don't miss this one

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197516

^_^

tech spec Zotax