Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

:lol: have you tried unloading and loading? if this fixes the problem then I think there was a workaround to make it automatic... (here) Either of ways, even you should be submitting it to E's power management issue :angry: (Shutdown, StandBy, Suspend, EthernetWakeUpEvents are sort of power management related)

Automatic loading and unloading articles are plenty out there even google can help (if that one doesn't work)...

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I was more just reporting the issue rather than trying to fix it. I actually never sleep my computer, heck I don't even turn it off normally :P

When I saw this thread, I was so happy, because I have SB Live! card, that was useless since I started to use OSX on my PC. Yesterday I installed 1.2b1 version of kx drivers, and sound was dead, but after disabling (I renamed AppleHDA.kext) AppleHDA drivers, and one restart everything worked. Finally, I have 5.1 sound :blink:

Thank you guys.

When I saw this thread, I was so happy, because I have SB Live! card, that was useless since I started to use OSX on my PC. Yesterday I installed 1.2b1 version of kx drivers, and sound was dead, but after disabling (I renamed AppleHDA.kext) AppleHDA drivers, and one restart everything worked. Finally, I have 5.1 sound :D

Thank you guys.

WOOOO so wait are you tell me that I can use my old SoundBLaster Live CT4830 on my hackintosh and got finally audio out e in working!?!?!?

i'm goint to test now!!

but before, svakak the method of disabling the AppleHDA.kext maybe works also for my internal audio?

because i tried installing Taruga (and then i can view my audio in system profile) but no sound at all

you tjhink I can give it a try again ??

WOOOO so wait are you tell me that I can use my old SoundBLaster Live CT4830 on my hackintosh and got finally audio out e in working!?!?!?

i'm goint to test now!!

but before, svakak the method of disabling the AppleHDA.kext maybe works also for my internal audio?

because i tried installing Taruga (and then i can view my audio in system profile) but no sound at all

you tjhink I can give it a try again ??

I just bought the same oldie for few euro at ebay!

will powering my asrock :(

OK so i have it working and i get the sound distortion after x amount of time..

if this has been covered sorry

but if i click audio output in the midi/audio device settings i get clear audio back for about ten mins...

so whats the deal does it just get blogged up with data or wat?

Hi, First of all thank you for this amazing solution =o)

I used KX Driver on my computer it looks working fine(and also thank you for this)

On my first computer i'm using SB Live 5.1 and it works fine.

But on my second computer i'm using SB 5.1 CMSS series.. I didn't see this card in unsupported cards on the list. also it's not on supported cards list.

MODEL: SB0680

KX working for this card?

Thank you.

Hello There, thanks for the driver, it works perfectly on my vintage soundblaster pro,

The only reason for me to use that old stuff is for the midi/game port. I plug my midi keyboard on it.

I don't think this function is supported by the kext. Is there a way for making the soundblaster live midi port available on leopard ?

Hi, what does this mean? (16/24 bit recording not supported) I was planing about to buy a SB card, because input in my CM8738 is NOT IMPLEMENTED. So do you guys have MIC ?

No inputs you could always buy a Griffin iMic or other similar USB dongle to get inputs.

I have the issue, that blows my mind...

Not long ago i bought Creative Live! 5.1 based on EMU10K1. The latest driver from E started working after repairing permissions and booting with -f. But yesterday it stopped working, even with -f. I`ve tried unloading/loading kext by terminal, reinstalling, but nothing is working. What can i do?

I have the issue, that blows my mind...

Not long ago i bought Creative Live! 5.1 based on EMU10K1. The latest driver from E started working after repairing permissions and booting with -f. But yesterday it stopped working, even with -f. I`ve tried unloading/loading kext by terminal, reinstalling, but nothing is working. What can i do?

well fella, for people to help you out you will probably have to provide more information.

when you kexload, do it with a diagnostic flag (-t) and note the outcome here. try deleting the extensions.mkext in System/Library/ (this is basically what the -f flag does at boot)

i dont have your card so its hard for me to help!

Hi,

this didn't work for me. I get s.th. like

14.02.09 13:38:40 kernel kXAudioDevice[0x66eff00]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.2b1 
14.02.09 13:38:43 kernel kXAudioDevice[0x66eff00]::initHardware(0x6017280) 
14.02.09 13:38:43 kernel kXAudioDevice[0x66eff00]::free() 
14.02.09 13:38:43 kernel kXAudioDevice[0x66eff00]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

I have an Audigy 2 ZS. What can I do? The card isn't detected as Audio device. But Firewir from the card is working.

Hi guys,

Got an Audigy 2 ZS as well. Will the KX.kext work? Sorry, but i have installed ideneb 10.5.6 five times and i am a bit tiiired;-) Will save me some time (i use onboard alc888 instead)

Thanks in advance

Answers to most repeated questions are at page1 (first post). Have you checked that page properly? (the bottom area?). I've a feeling iDeneb has something that conflicts with kX (most dudes who used it, reported problems with kX). Mostly when I saw ("iDeneb" + "ALCxx" + "kx") there was always some sort of problem.

I'm NOT sure whether this will help or not but if it does, your luck: (see below)

When I saw this thread, I was so happy, because I have SB Live! card, that was useless since I started to use OSX on my PC. Yesterday I installed 1.2b1 version of kx drivers, and sound was dead, but after disabling (I renamed AppleHDA.kext) AppleHDA drivers, and one restart everything worked. Finally, I have 5.1 sound :D

Thank you guys.

Terminal Commands (for Admins)

Hi, I have a soundblaster audigy 2, i've installed the drive but only output works, input doesn't work.

If I use the 5.1 output in midi configuration the test is ok but then in the leopard doesn't work.

Can i have a help please? Do I have to install the soundflower?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm a iDeneb 1.4 user, and everything works fine, except for my Audio.

I got a Asus P5GDC DELUXE mobo with CMI9880 Audio. It's works fine but with no input and no volume control. Now i read about this new SoundBlaster Fix, but didn't works to me. I got a SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 PCI Card (01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS [1102:0007]) and doesn't works. So, anyone knows if this card is support? And if it is, how can i make it work?

Thanx.

Oxtie

is there any word from the sound driver GOD about sleep support?

There is only one way to find out, someone has to pm him (No! I won't do it, i have my own reasons :P ). 

Maybe someone has to bribe E? (best way if you ask me) or send E some windows virus so he can concentrate more on OSX for a while (hehe honestly, I would prefer everyone sending one polite pm :D )... not many fans asking for it probably has something to do with it...

15300135_200901271830286972300.jpg