Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

HELP!!!

I have Deneb V1.4 OSx86 10.5.6 install. I have mostly everything working except for my sound.

The sound work in on 2 channels only.

Had to remove my X-Fi because there are no drivers. I then turn on my on board sound ALC883.

After many moons I could not get it to work in 5.1 either. Dusted off the old Sound Blaster Aug2 and reinstall the OS. I used the Sound Blaster drivers from the install CD. Well I have sound but not 5.1.

When I do a test in the midi util I can hear sound from all the channels but when I play a movie (DVD) or MP3 I am getting only stereo.

I am new to OSx86.

I don't know many of the commands for the terminal either.

Any advised would be great and thanks in advance.

HELP!!!

I have Deneb V1.4 OSx86 10.5.6 install. I have mostly everything working except for my sound.

The sound work in on 2 channels only.

Had to remove my X-Fi because there are no drivers. I then turn on my on board sound ALC883.

After many moons I could not get it to work in 5.1 either. Dusted off the old Sound Blaster Aug2 and reinstall the OS. I used the Sound Blaster drivers from the install CD. Well I have sound but not 5.1.

When I do a test in the midi util I can hear sound from all the channels but when I play a movie (DVD) or MP3 I am getting only stereo.

I am new to OSx86.

I don't know many of the commands for the terminal either.

Any advised would be great and thanks in advance.

to get 5.1 from movies, you have to use VLC player, it is freely available on the net.

to get sound from all speakers all the time, sort of mirrored 2.1, there is a hack by macgirl floating around somewhere (it is probably in the first post of this thread CHECK THAT).

Not necessarily "dark" i would describe it. If you inquire Snow Leo's specs, its mostly 64Bit so any experience dealing with 64Bit processors is a ++ for future OSX too...

hehe, I knew he was using Win more and doing something related...

He also says that x86 version will be out soon... he promised! I cant wait.

BTW, I cant seem to get my Live Drive to load. This is the aoutput from "edspctrl":

==== E-mu E-DSP initialization

==== FPGA is not programmed, upload FPGA firmware...

Warning: your E-DSP card is not recognized

Error: FPGA could not be programmed [fffffff5]

==== E-DSP Parameters were reset to defaults

==== Dock is not connected

==== Current E-DSP status

Card: 'SB0090 10k2 [cf00]'

Options: 60 -

Hana ID: 60

Versions: 96.96, 96.96, 96

Dock is Powered-off. [0x60]

WClock: 0 [int 48]

Def clock: -1

HANA is Unknown!

HANA IRQs: 60

SPDIF mode [60]:

Out: Consumer

In: Consumer

Optical Type: [60] -- Input: SPDIF, Output: SPDIF

MIDI In: none, none [60]

MIDI Out: 60

LEDs: 60 60 60

ADC pads: 60 -

DAC pads: 60 -

Dock misc: [60] DAC mute: 0000 headphones: 6

ADAT Locked : 7755

SPDIF Locked : 7755

BNC Locked : 7755

SPDIF Locked : 7755

reg 14-1f:[60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60]

reg 30-3f:[60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60] [60]

I honestly dont know what it means, but when i run it sound distorts and i have to run kxctrl -reset in order to get sound to return un-distorted. any ideas?

hi. I just installed osx and the audio won-t work. I have an audigy2. it doesn-t appear in the audio setup or midi setup.

0. Checked Compatiblity list above?

yes

sorry just realized it is a audigy SE.....

is there any way to make it work??????

hi. I just installed osx and the audio won-t work. I have an audigy2. it doesn-t appear in the audio setup or midi setup.

0. Checked Compatiblity list above? <b>

yes

</b>

sorry just realized it is a audigy SE.....

is there any way to make it work??????

I had a similar problem I had to do a retail install to get 5.1 speakers available in midi setup.

Hi,

I installed these drivers on a Kalyway 10.5.2 install, but I cannot seem to get any sound.

I disabled my built-in AC97 audio, deleted the AC97 and other kexts that were noted to conflict in the first post (and updated the boot cache). The software itself is running, and detects my SB Audigy 2 ZS [9000] but I still don't hear anything. What can I do?

It says in the first post to make sure that "Intel ICH and PIIX Controller" was checked during setup. How can I see if I have these, and if not how can I install it?

- Thanks for your help

*EDIT* I hear of some people talking about a "edspctrl" command, could that help me? Also, the OP says that it 'works on' 10.5.3, but what about 10.5.2? I've already had to reformat my OSX install twice for minor things like this, I wouldn't think much changed in 0.0.1 versions.

Hello,

Thanks everyone who contributed in the developement of those drivers. I installed the driver for my audigy 2 platinum on a kalyway 9.5.2 upadted to 9.5.6 and it's working fine with my 6.1 speakers. One thing I noticed is that the front panel (line-in 2/mic, headphones, spdif etc) of the card is not working at all. Is there any chance to enable it in OSX or that is a wish out of question?

Guys, the drivers are "what you get is what you're gonna get" As has been posted in this thread, Eugene has stopped developing the driver. It sounded like he *might* work on the 64bit version in Snow Leopard, but until then this is all we are going to get.

Oxtie, perhaps you could please add to the First Post this info from Eugene's post that he has stopped development of the drivers for Audigy etc cards?

Guys, the drivers are "what you get is what you're gonna get" As has been posted in this thread, Eugene has stopped developing the driver. It sounded like he *might* work on the 64bit version in Snow Leopard, but until then this is all we are going to get.

Oxtie, perhaps you could please add to the First Post this info from Eugene's post that he has stopped development of the drivers for Audigy etc cards?

Whoa... this is it???... ;)

but I guess this is better than nothing

Whoa... this is it???... :(

but I guess this is better than nothing

Well my guess would be that "he'z not interested in OSX, at the moment" and no one else is willing to generate some OSX interest in him ;) (its like get the driver and forget him...) just a wild guess, 57$ zucks hehe. I maybe interested in this part but NOT alone :wacko: (sleeping beast wouldn't wake up by tiny,... weed like me ALONE?). If anyone other then me thinking about it, drop me a note to make a fine "date".

Its 8th and WWDC is ON (maybe something like Snow Leo may pop out of no-where anytime in few months) so, definitely a good time to wake up the beast :dev:

AND, I will not update the first page with that kind of message that says "he has stopped development" and so on UNLESS he announces it (which may very well happen, the way i see it... without something that draws his attention with interest). Yep, perhaps at times $ does make some effect but... me and alone? not happening :P

EDIT: LIVE WWDC 2009 Showing off Mac OSX Snow Leopard + iPhone 3GS + More (CLICK)

Also Snow Leopard launching in September 2009??? Apple Page (Click)

Hi, I have a Audigy 2 in iAtkos 10.5.2 and his don´t recognize the soundboard in "System Info". Don´t should recognize as PCI device? Please help me...sorry for poor english. :angel:

PS: Nothing in MIDI Device and Sound Settings...

[]´s

Hi, I have a Audigy 2 in iAtkos 10.5.2 and his don´t recognize the soundboard in "System Info". Don´t should recognize as PCI device? Please help me...sorry for poor english. :(

PS: Nothing in MIDI Device and Sound Settings...

[]´s

It works better if you do a vanilla install......

HI, I got EMU 0404 on Leo 10.5.7

I tried the kx driver on windows xp and OSX, firmware is not uploading (error mesage)

card is detected but no sound coming out whatever output is chosen.

edspctrl results :

==== FPGA is not programmed, upload FPGA firmware...

Error: FPGA programming failed!

==== E-DSP Parameters were reset to defaults

==== Dock is connected and is functioning properly

Card: 'E-0404 10k2 [cc00]'

Options: 7f - Hamoa Sync Dock_online Dock_offline

Hana ID: 7f

Versions: 127.127, 127.127, 127

Dock is Powered-On. [0x7f]

WClock: 7 [OFF]

Def clock: -1

HANA is Unknown!

HANA IRQs: 7f

SPDIF mode [7f]:

Out: Professional; Copy-protected

In: ; Professional; Copy-protected; Not Valid

Optical Type: [7f] -- Input: ADAT, Output: ADAT

MIDI In: dock2 , dock2 [7f]

MIDI Out: 7f

LEDs: 7f 7f 7f

ADC pads: 7f - Dock_1 Dock_2 Dock_3 0202_1

DAC pads: 7f - Dock_1 Dock_2 Dock_3 Dock_4 0202_1

Dock misc: [7f] DAC mute: 1111 headphones: 7

ADAT Unlocked

SPDIF Unlocked

BNC Locked : 6000

SPDIF Locked : 6000

reg 14-1f:[7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f]

reg 30-3f:[7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f]

After booting on XP and using the official emu drivers (sound works ok then), then reboot under OSX and edspctrl results :

==== FPGA appears to be already programmed

==== Dock is not connected

Card: 'E-0404 10k2 [cc00]'

Options: 1 - Hamoa

Hana ID: 55

Versions: 1.0, 127.127, 127

Dock is Powered-On. [0x7f]

WClock: 0 [int 48]

Def clock: 48000

HANA is Muted

HANA IRQs: f

SPDIF mode [10]:

Out: Consumer

In: Consumer; Not Valid

Optical Type: [1] -- Input: ADAT, Output: SPDIF

MIDI In: 0202, dock1 [31]

MIDI Out: 8

LEDs: 7f 7f 7f

ADC pads: 7f - Dock_1 Dock_2 Dock_3 0202_1

DAC pads: 7f - Dock_1 Dock_2 Dock_3 Dock_4 0202_1

Dock misc: [7f] DAC mute: 1111 headphones: 7

ADAT Unlocked

SPDIF Locked : 36462

BNC Locked : 22588

SPDIF Locked : 6000

reg 14-1f:[7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f]

reg 30-3f:[7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f] [7f]

FPGA is already programmed, but I still got no sound ! If I do a reset with edspctrl, the firmware is unable to upload again, I'm stuck.

without something that draws his attention with interest). Yep, perhaps at times $ does make some effect but... me and alone? not happening :D

If $$$ is indeed the "point of interest" I wouldn't mind contribute a bit, but it would have to be a confirmed case though... by him saying "thats right! show me the monay!"

If $$ is indeed the "point of interest" I wouldn't mind contribute a bit, but it would have to be a confirmed case though... by him saying "thats right! show me the monay!"
hehe, and what makes you think he'll do that? he didn't release the driver for such reasons and I just want him to get further interested in OSX (which seems to be lost since long... as we all see it). Maybe its personal life thing but I'm trying to make it $$ thing :(  so that it at least shows some "alternate" way of appreciation... but this under no circumstance will be "hey, thats it! you pressed right $ button" from E... LOL

If you have any better idea then this (to get his mind back on OSX) Please.... share with us :)

Hi....

I was using kX Drivers on win xp.

i had to clear the default DSP to have all outputs.

I have an audigy 1 (10k2).

I got sound now but only front. no others.

didn't test line in yet.

VirtualDJ sees the card but got no prefade.....

any appl plays stereo, no more.

all set in MIDI (5.1, 48000hz...)

it's a no go.

Plz tell me how to activate the other speakers.

I have to add, that onboard i got an ALC883 6 Out (ll playing in VDJ)

but no 5.1 at all in itunes or other !

Hi....

I was using kX Drivers on win xp.

i had to clear the default DSP to have all outputs.

I have an audigy 1 (10k2).

all out working separately (sound test)

VirtualDJ sees the card but got no sound out (ASIO?)

any appl plays stereo, no more.

all set in MIDI (5.1, 48000hz...)

it's a no go.

Plz tell me how to activate the other speakers.

I have to add, that onboard i got an ALC883 6 Out (ll playing in VDJ)

but no 5.1 at all in itunes or other !

Running iDeneb v4 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7

Vanilla kernel

WILL SOMEBODY MAKE A GUI OF THE DSP SETUP ? (like in XP)