Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Wow, I always heard that it wasnt possible to get the creative PCI sound cards to work because they were PCI. I just accidentally found this thread searching for something else and decided to give it a try. The download has worked perfectly so far. I installed it, tried out a song and it worked. Now I dont have to try and find a working HD audio .kext.

I think I have the creative audigy 2.

Thanks.

I have the following sound-cards

1. Realtek High Def. Audio MY mobo is DG31PR..so that makes my soundcard ALC888

2. Creative soundblaster Live Value 5.1...CT4832...

Now the funny part.....

I installed PROPER WORKING KEXTS TWICE, they worked only for the FIRST BOOT....the second time(from the time of install) when i boot in my sys..OS X, the drivers have just vansihed..the sound is back to silent mode.this is really killing me now...the sound kext i installed the second time is called:

'kXAudioDriver-1-3.2b1.dmg'

There is nothing even in the audio-midi properties, my cound card PCI CT4832 was read for the first boot, but the second boot, its just not there..why is this happening..why is the sys spiting out the kexts again and again... :D

I hope this helps...

this is strange... :( do you have "Extra" folder at the root of your leopard drive?

or

there is a nice program "kext helper" google it download it run it. Install kx as usual and copy the kxAudiodriver.kext in your desktop and drop it on kext helper window.... click easy install :rolleyes:

This is a crazy idea since its a crazy problem hehe

Okay first of all thanks for your drivers, I actually have sound after installing these with my Audigy Z2. Although after a few hours I get a kernel panic at random when hearing music through iTunes or YouTube.

My specs are Asus P5W-DH-Deluxe, Core2Duo @2.4GHz, 4GB Ram, NVidia GTX 260 and Soundblaster Audigy running iPC 10.5.7.

And this is the (almost clear readable) screenshot of the kernel panic:

Screenshot

Can you suggest anything I could try?

this is strange... :) do you have "Extra" folder at the root of your leopard drive?

or

there is a nice program "kext helper" google it download it run it. Install kx as usual and copy the kxAudiodriver.kext in your desktop and drop it on kext helper window.... click easy install :unsure:

This is a crazy idea since its a crazy problem hehe

Oxite, is this a reply to me....im far beyond these problems...my sound works but only for once, when i complete the install and reboot..thats it, after that the kxaudio is very much in the S>L>Ext folder, BUT IS OF NO USE...as the sound card isnt available anymore in the sound>sys preferences...

Also, my onboard audio card is disabled..even then this damn thing wont work....im really at the end of my wits...im gonna do a clean install now....**** EVERYTHING!

Okay first of all thanks for your drivers, I actually have sound after installing these with my Audigy Z2. Although after a few hours I get a kernel panic at random when hearing music through iTunes or YouTube.

My specs are Asus P5W-DH-Deluxe, Core2Duo @2.4GHz, 4GB Ram, NVidia GTX 260 and Soundblaster Audigy running iPC 10.5.7.

And this is the (almost clear readable) screenshot of the kernel panic:

Screenshot

Can you suggest anything I could try?

That screenshot does not point kX audio driver  :( Does it happen when you play any kind of audio elsewhere? In other words, you get kernel panic when you try to play on iTunes & YouTube (on safari) ONLY? Have you tried other players? VLC? XBMC??? QuickTime????

EDIT: IO Audio Family kext is visible on screenshot... (crazy idea@your risk, move that file out and check again). Also you may want to read the first post with "General checks"

Oxite, is this a reply to me....im far beyond these problems...my sound works but only for once, when i complete the install and reboot..thats it, after that the kxaudio is very much in the S>L>Ext folder, BUT IS OF NO USE...as the sound card isnt available anymore in the sound>sys preferences...

Also, my onboard audio card is disabled..even then this damn thing wont work....im really at the end of my wits...im gonna do a clean install now....**** EVERYTHING!

You mentioned your driver got "vanished" which is crazy  :) I tried to address that part... 

Besides, I'm not on 10.5.7 so, didn't test and can't say much about it...

But you can check what all extensions are loaded, click apple button > about > more info (system profiler) on the left side, click "Extensions" and on the right side, see if kxaudiodriver.kext is loaded or not....

Have you checked the first Page (post 1) with general checks?

thanks for the reply, yes I have tried single VLC or iTunes.. not Safari though.

Moving out the IOAudioFamily.kext muted my audio, so I think it's depended on audio somehow.

As for the general checks, drivers work in Windows.

thanks for the reply, yes I have tried single VLC or iTunes.. not Safari though.

Moving out the IOAudioFamily.kext muted my audio, so I think it's depended on audio somehow.

As for the general checks, drivers work in Windows.

I would like you to report this to Eugene's bug report but lately, there has been no response from him on OSX side...

Because not many people reported kernel panic like this since ages, I'm guessing this to be "distro" specific issue (if not on-board audio conflict). Got lot of unusual before from iDeneb users (are you on iDeneb?). So, lets understand this again,  :) your system audio plays right since you mentioned "mute", I'm guessing somethings work, while VLC iTunes don't. 

I would like you to report this to Eugene's bug report but lately, there has been no response from him on OSX side...

Because not many people reported kernel panic like this since ages, I'm guessing this to be "distro" specific issue (if not on-board audio conflict). Got lot of unusual before from iDeneb users (are you on iDeneb?). So, lets understand this again, :angel: your system audio plays right since you mentioned "mute", I'm guessing somethings work, while VLC iTunes don't.

I'm on iPC, and yea I have sound, but I got kernel panics from time to time when sound was on. But right now after reinstalling everything I haven't had a kernel panic since.

So wish me luck that it's stable now ;)

I have no problem with my audigy 10k2

the only thing is : no prefade in VDJ 5.2

else i can swap out with soundsource.

Vanilla kernel 9.7

Chameleon EFI

post-173256-1247008156_thumb.png

I want to find a sound card replace my onboard alc1200 for front mic and 5.1 support. I end up here. Have anyone tested this in Snow Leopard. 'cause I'm testing SL and want to make sure I don't have to replace my soundcard when I completely switch to SL.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to find a sound card replace my onboard alc1200 for front mic and 5.1 support. I end up here. Have anyone tested this in Snow Leopard. 'cause I'm testing SL and want to make sure I don't have to replace my soundcard when I completely switch to SL.

Doesn't work. We need to wait for a 64 Bit release!

Yeah right, is it even functional as hackintosh? wait for sept final release then it maybe right time to talk about it. On the other hand, since some activity has appeared from E's side, it maybe about time mic may finally start up :P (maybe with some kernel panics hehe)

Is there anyone to answer Eugene's call???

mic/recording: I'm going to work on it this august.. if everything goes fine, of course :star_smile:

and two guys are also working on AC97 mixer and E-DSP Control applications

anyone willing to work on kX DSP under OS X? :)

E.

I'm spreading this @ news room in case a PRO dev gets attracted to join in.... (oh, did i forgot to mention there is another quote from E there :D )

Hi Folks,

I've been using these drivers for long, and works flawlessly. The only issue I have (I understand is not working after reading latest posts) is that the MIC is not working (Front Panel / rear; is the same).

I wonder about this, since I also have on the same box a Realtek 883 ICH8R -MSI P965 Platinum onboard- and for some reason, since I've used these drivers, I don't see a Mic option for it neither.

What would be needed to bring it back, even if I have to use the realtec mic input and the soundblaster output?

Thanks a lot!

Just a quick question, I just recently tried out the kx driver for windows and realized that the output is switch to the rear out supposedly for better D/A conversion. But it seems, the mac version doesn't implement this feature. Is it just me? I am using Audigy (with firewire port).

>> Nevermind... I figured it out.

>> By the way, many big thanks to those who make this driver working so well!

Guest ѕиоѡ

Alright, will try the update since it includes proper power management (using kext load/unload with sleep script/login item now)

Thx a lot for the share!

UPDATE! Power Management seems to be working because reboot and sleep are working without the need for kext reload, great work!