Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

work great on SL 10.6.2 64bit, no problems so far :)

hrmmmm? :P

I wonder what you have going on that's different from me? Do you have a vanilla install? Or is it a scene release, iDeneb, iPC, ect.? Dod you have any special kext's loaded? I currently only have 'OpenHaltRestart.kext, and the 'fakesmc.kext' loaded, all else is default SL install with the update to 10.6.2 run through the Apple Updater...

...also, what sound card specifically do you have, is it the Audigy 2 ZS?

TIA!! :D

hi all..

I use Kx driver 1.1b0 all time! no freezes no sound distorts ..

When install RealPlayer. (UB) . no sound..! but works w/ALC882 on board... a _Kx driver bug? or realplayer bug?

Similar story here. When I use realplayer the sound is distorted beyond recognition. Its only for streaming content. Playing mp4 is fine. Not sure if its kx audio driver as I only have that as an option at the moment.

N

Similar story here. When I use realplayer the sound is distorted beyond recognition. Its only for streaming content. Playing mp4 is fine. Not sure if its kx audio driver as I only have that as an option at the moment.

N

Aha, and this happens with Windows Media steaming services??? (try flip4mac with quicktime) and does it happen with Flash streaming services??? (BBC radios etc generally stream flash). It is more likely RealPlayer unless confirmed by a real mac user otherwise. :) (which is Eugene by the way, with real mac and external SB card)

Does anybody else have problems with using virtualisation software (Vmware Fusion, Virtualbox)? I get error message saying that there is no sound on host. If I use ALC sound card sound is OK in guest OS.

SL 10.6.2 64-bit, kx 1.11b0

CL Live!

P.S. Is there solution for random sound errors where sound gets all garbled and only solution is reloading kXAudioDriver.kext

Does anybody else have problems with using virtualisation software (Vmware Fusion, Virtualbox)? I get error message saying that there is no sound on host. If I use ALC sound card sound is OK in guest OS.

SL 10.6.2 64-bit, kx 1.11b0

CL Live!

P.S. Is there solution for random sound errors where sound gets all garbled and only solution is reloading kXAudioDriver.kext

Yup, this is a 'known issue' for a very long time and I don't expect much to happen in this area unless "E" is encouraged ('specially'  :( here'z hint -> ($_$) but then again, you never know :( it maybe fixed as surprise)

About the second issue, can you be more specific? steps on how to recreate this garbled sound, app type etc? this can hopefully get fixed in newer releases. 

Hi,

I have the Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 4 which is working under Mac OSX Leopard and Windows 7 Ultimate (tested on both). Now I installed the new Snow Leopard and there I installed the driver kxAudioDriver-1.3b0.dmg firstly, but the sound does not work. So I looked at your page and and found the new driver kxAudioDriver_1-11b0.dmg. After downloading I deinstalled the old driver using the uninstaller in the dmg and installed the new driver.

But the sound does not work after rebooting :-( It shows: No Built-in Audio

Hope you can help me...

Yup, this is a 'known issue' for a very long time and I don't expect much to happen in this area unless "E" is encouraged ('specially' :( here'z hint -> ($_$) but then again, you never know :rolleyes: it maybe fixed as surprise)

I am positive that I had sound in Vmware Fusion 2 with Leopard 10.5.7...

About the second issue, can you be more specific? steps on how to recreate this garbled sound, app type etc? this can hopefully get fixed in newer releases.

It happens on random basis, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, and sometimes i does not happen in 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...
Can some1 post a working kext for SB X-FI Xtreme PCI-E and if possible 5.1

thanks in advance :)

PS: yes i tired searching before posting :D

Read the first top post: Don't you dare post a comment without reading rest of this first post!

kX will not support X-Fi series click here and discuss about X-Fi here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=135076

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have problem with my sound card - Creative Audigy2ZS EMU10K2.

I use iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) for my hackintosh and everything is great - fast, stable, without any errors,... just this sound.

And about the instructions from Eugene Gavrilov:

NOT WORKING? Perform these general checks and post replies:

0. Checked Compatiblity list above? - My sound card is compatible

1. Cable connections checked from behind? On proper port? ond NOT on Mic port?� - Checked - everything is ok there

2. Audio Midi Setup set with appropriate speakers? Performed Speaker Test? - "There is no Input device"

3. Speakers Powered ON? Power Cables checked? - Everything is ok

4. HeadPhones plugged in resulting in Mute? - I don't use headphones.

5. Any other drivers conflicting? OnBoard Audio disabled in BIOS? (Onboard drivers for Azalia / AppleHDA known to conflict) - Onboard Azalia codec is disabled, i deteled the AppleHDA from /Library/Preferences directory

6. Is Device's name mentioned properly in Audio Midi setup? eg. "kX 0350 etc" (Application \ Utilities) - Yes it is (see the screenshot)

7. "Intel ICH and PIIX Controller" was enabled in your OSX setup? unchecked Azalia, AppleHDA in setup? - Intel ICH controller - enabled

8. Volume Controls checked? � - Yes

9. Earlier versions working on your system? (have you tried earlier versions? see my signature for download links) - No

10. Your sound works on XP/Vist???? (and with kX drivers for Windows???) - Yes its working great.

11. BIOS shows information that PCI card is inserted properly? - It is

12. Tried other Distros such as JaS, Kalyway, Leo4All? etc? - Only Kalyway and iDeneb running on this hackintosh.

13. Sound comes when you put your headphones ON? in the headphones port? - No

14. Are you using modified BIOS??? keep your BIOS updated with stable build - I use the original, i don't know how to flash bios

15. Unloading and Reloading driver kext works? - There is no effect.

So tell me - what can i do? I'm trying from several months and nothing. On my previous installation i used my onboard audio but its give me headaches. ;)

It would be nice if people can give feedback of this driver as Eugene officially announced it on 30 dec

DRIVERHEAVEN IS NOW HARDWAREHEAVEN (Don't forget to update bookmarks if you have any :P ) My signature updated accordingly

Hi guys,

I almost forgot about it, but I implemented 64-bit support for kX driver for Snow Leopard in Autumn.. Sorry for the delay with releasing it.

The driver is here now.

This version supports Snow Leopard -only-

Changes:

* Added snow leopard support

* Improved and extended SDK with a lot of opensource stuff

* AC97 control (thanks to Dmitry Gorelov)

Please report your bug reports here: bug reports

Happy new year and all my best wishes to you :)

Download link: http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/dow...iver-1.11b0.dmg

E.

Hello, i have problem with my sound card - Creative Audigy2ZS EMU10K2.

I use iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) for my hackintosh and everything is great - fast, stable, without any errors,... just this sound.

And about the instructions from Eugene Gavrilov:

These instructions are NOT from Eugene himself though, these are solutions based on user feedback.

So tell me - what can i do? I'm trying from several months and nothing. On my previous installation i used my onboard audio but its give me headaches. :(

1.3b0 driver should work fine with your system, hope you're not using the current 1.11b0 snow leo version of driver on leo (which obviously doesn't work on my system). Please check your system log (apple button > about this mac > more information button > LOGs (on left side)) see the error messages out there... 

Yes, but 1.30b is not working on my system. :P I tried all drivers versions (without 1.11b) but there is no result :(
Is that iDeneb? btw did you check the system log for errors? specially related to kx blah blah?  :P

Yes i checked, and everything seems is ok. I use iDeneb 1.4 (which is OS X 10.5.6)

Many dudes had problems with iDeneb distro (one or the other problem) Since I'm not using it myself, i can't tell what behind this problem.  :o

If kX extensions are loaded properly, (apple button > about > more info > Extensions on left pane) then guess where the problem is in communication

--> kX driver --> PCI Device (identification or iDeneb's kext) --> Card 

You should also check previous pages (some dudes had success in onr or the other way)