X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

I dont know. Nobody reported a working AGP card.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there..i got a Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb AGP running here.. it loaded the 9700 kext since 10.4.3.

Now iam on 10.4.5 still workin.the usual little Mouse Artifarcts appear.

Typ: VGA-kompatibler Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x4150

Versions-ID: 0x0000

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1024 x 768

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

Could anybody explain me how can i do x700 mobility 0x5653 working?

I've osx10.4.5 and i've done all the passage of the readme in the koverg-patch9700-v0.2 but the sistem hang when the graphics login should starts!

Please help me!!

Could anybody explain me how can i do x700 mobility 0x5653 working?

I've osx10.4.5 and i've done all the passage of the readme in the koverg-patch9700-v0.2 but the sistem hang when the graphics login should starts!

Please help me!!

Just follow the instructions from the README file, it worked for me and I'm using 10.4.5 too. Its important to edit the marked(!) Info.plist deviceid (see README). Also you should use the original ATIRadeon9700.kext !!! A backup is saved in /Users/username/Documents/originals .

btw: dont use the v2 patch on a v1 patched file !!

Ok, im having a VERY funny problem here, i have a radeon x740 applied the 0.2 patch edited the .plist and rebooted everything works QE+CI no problems? I then rebooted the machine again and guess what, it wont boot gets to the grey apple logo and a mouse pointer appears and crashes. Its done this with 10.4.3, 10.4.4, and 10.4.5, any help would be greatful. I mean how can it work one minute and after a reboot without changing anything not work??? very strange :)

Just follow the instructions from the README file, it worked for me and I'm using 10.4.5 too. Its important to edit the marked(!) Info.plist deviceid (see README). Also you should use the original ATIRadeon9700.kext !!! A backup is saved in /Users/username/Documents/originals .

btw: dont use the v2 patch on a v1 patched file !!

I'm on a 10.4.5 installation and I've got a ATI x700 0x5653. I followed all the README instruction but It doesn't start up. Maybe the problem is in the "ATIRadeon9700.ktext/Context/MacOS/Info.plist" file. I changed 0x5B601002 with 0x56531002. Did u do the same??There's maybe something else?

Help me please.

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Acer TravelMate TM8204WLMi Notebook which has Mobility Radeon X1600 and is identical to MacBook Pro which has the same card. Do I have to do koverg patch for this card since MacBook Pro has this same card, it should work natively with OS X 10.4.4 and 1.0 patch. Right?

Can koverg or somebody please clarify?

Thanks.

Success with ATI Mobility X300 in a Dell Inspiron 9300! Used v2 of the patch and all went well! You rule koverg! I haven't been able to get anything above 1024x768x32 though, although I have been able to take it down to 1024x768x16 to play a game that required lower color settings.

Success with ATI Mobility X300 in a Dell Inspiron 9300! Used v2 of the patch and all went well! You rule koverg! I haven't been able to get anything above 1024x768x32 though, although I have been able to take it down to 1024x768x16 to play a game that required lower color settings.

Have you tried settng the display resolution at the boot?

Have you tried settng the display resolution at the boot?

Yeah, I've tried setting it both at boot and in com.apple.Boot.plist. Also, I forgot to mention I'm using 10.4.3, so that might be the issue.

The working cards (plese send device id if possible!!!)

+???? ATI Radeon x800

My ATI Radeon x800 XL has device ids of 554d (digital to LCD - working now) and 556d (vga - secondary not installed at the present). This patch works great, and show be added to both the Wiki and pinned on this forum.

ATI Mobility Radeon x700 128Mb on Acer Travelmate 8104wlmi on 10.4.3

[0x5653, 0x1002]

Partial success with patch 0.2 - Core Image & Quartz Extreme Working!!

VLC DVD playing back smoothly even at fullscreen.

BUT lots of window content tearing when scrolling [see attachment]

(no 'mouse' tearing though?).

Slightly improved by simple one-colour desktop background.

Apple DVD player loads, but is unstable and crashes.

Desired 1680x1050 resolution in boot plist ignored, it defaulted back to 1400x1050 as before.

Overall too buggy to keep, so going back to normal kext for now.

Might try it once I'm running a 10.4.5 install.

Seemed to enable CI/QE without the driver fully supporting it, in my case.

Thanks Koverg for demonstrating that text based plist editting is only half the challenge for hardware support, more binary patching also needs to be done too (by people more familiar with that!)

Maybe the same technique might get my Realtek ALC880 Audio (VEN 10EC, DEV 0880) working, as plain kext editting doesn't.