iATKOS v2.0i

themanis

318 posts in this topic

posted on uphuck:

Re: iATKOS v2.0i DVD RELEASE

by eskurza on Mon May 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Guys,

some stupid people are still seeding the old iso with the new torrent..

I cant upload like this..

Have to find another way..

Maybe rapid or smth..

{censored} people are really dumb.

eskurza

What? I'm sorry but I don't understand your problems eskurza.

Don't blame the consumers who are simply trying to download. Most of them are not constantly checking every 15 minutes whether a new release is uploaded or if there is an update. Now many users have seeded and downloaded gigabytes of useless data.

Ofcourse everyone relied on the fact that there was a new torrent at the Green Demon, which was uploaded by the User "eskurza" and seemed to be perfectly valid.

Professionals should be able to seed an image... you should consider to use Usenet or seed with the Team, and most importantly only publish one torrent ;-)

Thank you

Upload it to usenet, either on:

a.b.mac

a.b.mac.applications

a.b.mac.cd-images

iATKOS v1.0 was/is on those groups but is 125 days old or more.

Don't have to worry about seeding and if you're on a decent connection, you should be able to download it in about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

habe

After finally getting my hardware prepared and ready to attempt my install, I tried all three, could never get a matching md5. That means my 3 chances from the demon are up I guess.

;)

I hope it gets straightened out soon, it's killing me.

I agree with Puttabong - not everyone has enough time to constantly check on what is going on several forums.

Moreover, it seems really strange that the first release has a perfect match of hash, and still its MD5 is wrong.

I mean, the chances of such collision are certainly low. I'm not going to redistribute any new torrent, until

more people confirm that this release actually works - it seems that even having the good MD5 doesn't guarantee

that this release really works! (see the earlier message in this thread by themanis)

After finally getting my hardware prepared and ready to attempt my install, I tried all three, could never get a matching md5. That means my 3 chances from the demon are up I guess.

;)

I hope it gets straightened out soon, it's killing me.

doh, i was all pumped to go and try to install this tonight after work, as i finally finished off my download last night... only to find out today its no good :(

Not to make a drama out of an adventure but it is sad this has happened, not least for those with monthly download limits. Rapid, etc, seems like a good way to get the ball rolling at least. eskurza is one of the kindest, most decent of people I have ever dealt with and, universal frustration aside, it has been uplifting to see a mature level of patience and respect in this thread. Here's sending good vibes his way. ;)

Thats the problem EVERYONE is having. didnt you read the posts? the ISO you have downloaded is corrupted. we would have a good one of it wasnt to for the dumbasses that was seeding the old torrent and the new torrent.

Oh god, i have the iAtkos v2, but too i have this problem:

Accin006.jpg

Accin005.jpg

does some body knows the reason??? Thanks :offtopic: This happen just when i start the boot from the dvd... HEEELLPP!

this Wrong iso is in emule also, don't try to download it, I've checked the hash it's the wrong one everybody is complaining about. I've tried that iso with the same results. I didn't knew that sharing in P2P systems like torrents or emule/edonkey is so difficult. There should be a way to patch our file by comparing with healty one. Is there anybody have the healty one with correct MD5?

The healthy original needs to be reuploaded in RARs.

In the meantime please don't ask when will it be fixed or uploaded because that just rushes the developers even more. As soon as the DVD is fixed i will notify everyone here.

We already caused a mess to Eskurza although it's not his problem, sorry for those people that downloaded both torrents and seeded them including myself. (13/05/08)

Thats what it says on the first page of the thread. if you dont bother reading that. here it is.

Oh. also. will this even work with SSE2? D:

My computer doesnt even support EFI or SSE3

In the meantime please don't ask when will it be fixed or uploaded because that just rushes the developers even more. As soon as the DVD is fixed i will notify everyone here.

We already caused a mess to Eskurza although it's not his problem, sorry for those people that downloaded both torrents and seeded them including myself. (13/05/08)

Thats what it says on the first page of the thread. if you dont bother reading that. here it is.

Oh. also. will this even work with SSE2? D:

My computer doesnt even support EFI or SSE3

As far as I know, there is no SSE2 support on this release. So Kalyway or an older version iATKOS is your best bet. As for EFI, there is a guide for patching the HFS partition to work under GUID partition table by Netkas. It's under EFI v8 somewhere in this forum. I suggest you looking that up.