iATKOS v2.0i

themanis

318 posts in this topic

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\ " .\n"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOplatformExpert.cpp"1376

Debugger called<panic>"

getting the above kernel panic error on dell inspiron 1520 , intel 965 chipset, whats the problem ?

getting md5 as

md5: E943348982090C45BB89F96C1EFD7AD6

I'm sure it is.
:'(this isnt good D:
"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\ " .\n"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOplatformExpert.cpp"1376 Debugger called<panic>"getting the above kernel panic error on dell inspiron 1520 , intel 965 chipset, whats the problem ?
Everyone has a bad ISO.

I'm sure it is.

I just booted and installed a complete OS X installation in VMware Fusion without a single problem using this DVD.

The md5sum of the iATKOS_2.0i.rar I got was 54e82914456242fb17643aa086acaef6

The md5sum of the iATKOS_2.0i.iso I got was e943348982090c45bb89f96c1efd7ad6

I just booted and installed a complete OS X installation in VMware Fusion without a single problem using this DVD.

The md5sum of the iATKOS_2.0i.iso I got was e943348982090c45bb89f96c1efd7ad6

How did you even mount it, mine won't even mount in OSX, image or DVD.

How did you even mount it, mine won't even mount in OSX, image or DVD.

Never tried mounting it. Just set Vmware optical drive to the iso image.

Edit: Doesn't mount in OS X though.

Works fine in VMware but I burnt DVD and tried booting natively and same error as everyone.

Hopefully a PPF patch can correct the issue.

Guys

md5 is for the ISO not the .rar

UNRAR on windows with WINRAR..

This is a classic case that always people complain about..

The MD5 I posted was for the ISO and I too used WinRAR on windows and then copied it over to my Mac. Both the DVD that I burned in Windows and the ISO I tried to mount of the mac had the same MD5 and they both failed. The ISO won't even mount in OSX.

burnt to dvd just fine for me like most people, but alas, invalid acpi kernel panic right at boot. *sigh* and *waits for next distro*

btw, can windows users patch an iso with ppf? if so, how? i cant seem to find any documentation on it. (albeit i haven't looked very hard)

Hi themanis,

these are great news!

Please, can you do us all a favour?

Check this program at http://www.par2.net/products.php

it is called QuickPar. This is a standard recovery program for binary newsgroups

uploads, which are getting frequently corrupted during upload or download.

Its usage is simple:

1. Install the program.

2. Open it and press the button "Add files". Select the ISO image, not the RAR file.

3. Select "Redundancy" value at 2% (I guess this should be enough).

4. Press "Create" button, then wait for 2-3 minutes, and you will have about 7 files with "par2" extension, which weigh about 50Mb.

5. Zip these files and upload on any free hosting, aka rapidshare, sendspace etc.

In case you can't download it from that website, I uploaded it at

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qf7ex9

Guys, i just checked the md5 for the first torrent uploaded (very first one) and it's the same as Eskurza said. Will burn it and get back to you.

Hey Lenka-Penka unfortunately, th eproblem was with the first rar'd torrent which was posted on friday. I actually got the md5 the same as Eskurza said but i got a kernel Panic (KP) when i tried to boot it up so i will contact Eskurza now to finalize a way to get a clean fresh copy of the DVD.

Sorry for the Hassle guys, all for the good.

Hey Lenka-Penka unfortunately, th eproblem was with the first rar'd torrent which was posted on friday. I actually got the md5 the same as Eskurza said but i got a kernel Panic (KP) when i tried to boot it up so i will contact Eskurza now to finalize a way to get a clean fresh copy of the DVD.

Sorry for the Hassle guys, all for the good.

how did u fix the kernal panic?

my mds is correct as well.

Hey metaljay, i didn't say i fixed the kernal panic mate. I think the torrent got corrupted data wise from the beginning.

Please everyone just wait till i get intouch with Eskurza and see how we can put a Final fresh DVD release somewhere and i'll let you know on this post as usual.

Hey metaljay, i didn't say i fixed the kernal panic mate. I think the torrent got corrupted data wise from the beginning.

Please everyone just wait till i get intouch with Eskurza and see how we can put a Final fresh DVD release somewhere and i'll let you know on this post as usual.

fair do's

do u no eskurza personally?

wats the time scale we are talking?