iATKOS v2.0i

themanis

318 posts in this topic

Thanks iSkylla :).

I know its frustrating some times when people ask for things. But i just like to learn and try to help others (If i can at least).

But thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to give it a shot, as i have done to all the other relases.

[RMOVED]

If you have windows and leopard on the same hdd then the installation will only make leopard active without affecting windows. We'll see what happens when it's out in a few days.
So, what's the result ? Can I install Lepard on the same HD as Windows without setting the mac partitionas active and not being able to boot into Windows ? Because if I rebuild the MBR via windows, I will wipe up the MBR Leopard installed so I don't know if I will be able to lauch mac again

Hi All!

I've made a mirror on RS...

Links are in the following TXT:

http://h1.ripway.com/mcd/iatkos_v20i.txt

Anyone want download from RS need to grab this TXT for direct links or RS folder.

No passwd... easy download :blink:

THNX to eskurza and uphuck for this great release!

Bye!

M-CD

Hey RWE, yeah i checked them but either way i would've grabbed them from RS if i wasn't getting the torrent. Just need M-CD to confirm that this is the latest DVD release from the OSX Turk Team.

Well I installed iATKOS 2.0i on my P5W DH Deluxe, Q6600. So far so good, the CPU is correctly identified, but sleep doesn't work. I left my computer and came back in and it was hung.. any ideas?

Maybe I'm not choosing the correct options during install? I went vanilla kernel 9.2.2. Any hints?

Well I installed iATKOS 2.0i on my P5W DH Deluxe, Q6600. So far so good, the CPU is correctly identified, but sleep doesn't work. I left my computer and came back in and it was hung.. any ideas?

Maybe I'm not choosing the correct options during install? I went vanilla kernel 9.2.2. Any hints?

maybe this could help..

http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/how-to-s

How to manually change the Sleep Mode of Leopard

You can type this in terminal to find out the current mode:

pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

Then to change modes you can type this:(Example of setting it to mode 3)

pmset -a hibernatemode 3

Here is a list of the modes available:

• 0 - Old style sleep mode, with RAM powered on while sleeping, safe sleep disabled, and super-fast wake.

1 - Hibernation mode, with RAM contents written to disk, system totally shut down while "sleeping,"

and slower wake up, due to reading the contents of RAM off the hard drive.

3 - The default mode on machines introduced since about fall 2005.
RAM is powered on while sleeping, but RAM contents are also written to disk before sleeping.
In the event of total power loss, the system enters hibernation mode automatically.

5 - This is the same as mode 1, but it's for those using secure virtual memory (in System Preferences -> Security).

7 - This is the same as mode 3, but it's for those using secure virtual memory.

Hi, I'm new here.

I've downloaded the right ISO file and got the right MD5. I tried install to my Dell XPS 1710 laptop with my Vista X64. When I install the OSX to the first partation, the Vista would not install. Then I installed Vista first, it works. But after installed, it dosn't work, it restart immediatly after start the white page. Then, I check the disk use the disk tool with the DVD, it says some error about the size of the partation, there is small different from the right, like about 100 byte something. Then I repair the partation, it worked well and tell the partation is ok now. But still can not start up. I reinstall it then the setup page started and everything well. But when I try to change the time it hangs, then again can not start.

I'm little tired. So I try my Vista, it says something like winload.exe can not work need to repair the system use the installation disk, and I follow the step to repair, but it says can not repair. God!

Anyone can give me some advice?

My laptop is Dell XPS 1710, Core Dure 2.16G/2G memory/7950 GTX/160G HD sata I think, and I make the 32GB for first partation, 80 GB for 2nd partation, 40 GB for 3rd one. I check the MBR and Toh core selected when install, also I checked the Nv driver and Nv laptop driver and Nv 512M, for system checked Intel Sata and NTFS driver, and for network I checked intel pro and Bxx driver.

Any suggest?

Does anybody here have a copy on the wallpaper used in the iATKOS 2.0i installer?I really like the wallpaper, would like it for my background.CheersNSCXP2005
Google "Aqua". There are several variations.I set up a new partition using GUIP just for this distro.Motherboard is P5K-E/Wifi. I have no problem with Leo4All.After finishing the initial install, machine restarted and the welcome screen was dancing without sounds. At install, I checked off all the choices that are particular to this motherboard and my setup (Intel chipset-ICH5,6,7,8,9), NVidia graphics card, Network option being Marvell Yukon. Well upon further investigation, I found that the built-in network device was not working either.This distro is the slickest looking one so far but falls short of providing enough drivers. But having said that, I find it gives enough options to most installs, especially for those who use NVidia chipset, which I happen to have another setup to do.Very, very streamlined instead!BTW, who knows where to find kext for the Marvell Yukon 88E8056? I looked through other install DVDs but couldn't quite find it. Of course, LeoForAllv3 has it built in.

So are the torrents up on demonoid atm the correct ones? I downloaded one of them last night, burned, and went to install this morning. Everything went perfectly until the install was just about to finish, I got an error stating "the installer could not verify the "Intel '###' package" {###=numbers i cannot remember). I restarted, now I get the apple grey boot screen then on the click next to continue OR right as the grey boot screen pops up, I get a full screen dialog, in grey, stating i need to restart my computer. I've done this 100 times, and if i dont hit a key, within 10 seconds, I get a apple.boot.plist error. This sounds like the same thing everyones getting, so I am redownloading, hoping it works because this is the only release showing me any kind of promise to success.

Leo4all v2/3 lock up frozen anywhere from the POST-> to the ->license agreement (install instructions/release notes) page. Can't get beyond that though, and PC requires a hard boot to get it going again. So I'm not sure what is causing this. Kalyway gives me a "could not validate 'java tools' package" error, i have made 2 threads looking for an answer, going on 6 days now trying to figure this out. Searching and making threads has proven to not give me a single piece of advice :(

So I am really hoping once I get iAtkos 2.0, it will install successfully, and I can put my distro woes behind me. And go on to greener OSX pastures!

Also, what is the MD5 for the proper iAtkos 2.0? I am reading this thread backwards (don't know why but i am so far already) and havent found it yet. I will edit this if I come across it.

ok, think i found the correct md5, f1ad86417c16c1ea873abb8114989d3e

[REMOVED]

Well I found a good compromise to the sleep issue. Despite the error above, it did seem to save my preference.. but what I am doing now is disabling "Put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for: Never" and checking: Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible.

This drops the power down to about the same level as if it was suspended (1.5A) vs the 2.5-3A during normal use.

I'll take it!

Good job on this release, its working smooth as butter.

I disabled the JMicron stuff completely.. I found that with the JMicron enabled (And drives connected) it would cause a lot of kernel panics.