iATKOS v2.0i

themanis

318 posts in this topic

I heard that there were some issues with iatkos and bootloader. And on the screen of the 1st post we can see that it installs a mbr bootloader. I was wondering if it overwrites the mbr of windows. I'm using easyBCD and so I wonder if after installing the mbr of MasOSX I will be able to return to windows to rebuild the mbr.

Thanks

Hey Gilou, no don't worry about it messing the Windows's EasyBCD. If you have two seperate partions then i am sure you can add an Entry in EasyBCD "Mac OS X generic x86" and it will boot without any problems, if you have windows and leopard on the same hdd then the installation will only make leopard active without affecting windows. We'll see what happens when it's out in a few days.

iFred: yeah man, worht the wait

they have some amazing software, i know alot of people love their kaly and their leo4all, but damn... i would have to say that uphuck has made some of the speediest with uphuck...

Thanks themanis, since I first heard of iatkos which lead me here in the first place, I want to try it first (before Leo4all and kallyway)

[Off topic] By the way, talking about software reminds me to ask if anyone could direct me to a website where I could understand a bit about Mac (softwares to download, how Leopard works, the equivalent with windows....)

Thanks themanis, since I first heard of iatkos which lead me here in the first place, I want to try it first (before Leo4all and kallyway)

[Off topic] By the way, talking about software reminds me to ask if anyone could direct me to a website where I could understand a bit about Mac (softwares to download, how Leopard works, the equivalent with windows....)

http://www.apple.com/

You'll learn a lot from these guys. I read the discusions quite a bit. I see a lot of the same problems with the MBP as we have dealt with some of which were solved here first.

@macsandy: If it's similar to the x1600 then hopefully it should support it without any problems, the mainly worked on making the insattling process easier and efficent, as well as adding some of the needed kext/drivers.

@uektper: Regarding Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, it's one of the most frequently opened and continuosly improved topic, so far the team behind developing it are very busy trying to get it to work properly. You can check this thread for more info http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84072

For the Nvidia GeForce 8400, you can use the NVinject for xxxmb (xxx = you're gpu's ram)

@Gilou: As GimmieRed said, check Apple's website, it's got alot of userful information as well as documentation for everything they did for Mac OS X Leopard. As Well as these following sites; www.uphuck.com / www.osx86scene.org / www.infinitemac.com ....

Regards,

ps: if anyone wants to ask something, don't hesitate to pm me to try and help you out.

Hi,thanks for your work!

I want to know, is that posible install the OSX on my Dell XPS 1710 laptop, with a dual os as windows vista?

I have already installed one x32 and one x64 vista, is it posible install the osx to my x32 vista partation(first partation on the HD)?

Thanks again.

and from where i can get the copy of this 2.0?

Is it possible to fudge around with the fsb settings on a vanilla kernel? I wasn't sure if this was something that is handled by the SMBIOS? I seem to have some sync issues causing the sound to stutter and crackle on my hackintosh.

Its my hope that these newer releases will autodetect or provide some .plist to modify. I'm running a 1333mhz FSB (or 333mhz quad pumped). Its my understanding that the default is 200mhz? What options would I choose at boot to make this all dandy :blink: