Leo4allv3 finished and released

apowerr

323 posts in this topic

Do you still need to disable 1 core with the Dell e1505 Inspirons? I notice the install package supports the x1400 mobility graphics now, but I hate running osx86 with only one core. Makes me feel, you know, inadequate. :)

Query #1.

Almost there. Everything is working apart from the filthy net.

I'm running an Asus M2N-SLI Motherboard (with NVIDIA nForce 5 chipset for lan).

Forcedeth didn't work so I'm asking you guys for help.

Query #2.

Has anyone managed to get Leo4all V3 running on VMWare? There's alot of screengrabs around showing this off but no one has posted instructions on exaclty what settings/modifications you need to make to the VM config file for it to work. (oh and I'm running Vista x64 so this would further complicate the process I guess).

Alot of people would just love to run Leo4all on VMWare I tells ya!

Ta.

Booted with everything supported but audio (simple hda patch) for me and my badaxe 2 q6600 box, only issue i have is that about this mac and profiler both display my cpu as stock and do not correctly show the 3.01 ghz and 1336 FSB overclock.

Geekbench sees the cpu as 3.01 ghz so Im sure it is fine, would be nice if it displayed correctly though.

post-21356-1209301241_thumb.jpg

Hi Eddie, Leo 10.5.2 AMD dvd was put in my dvd player and got to the partition wich was o.k.then I pushed install button within 1min of installation it came up with Error opening install plan/volums/Leopard/Base system.pkg.136m9w4Wd/Base system plan. Any ideas. Thanx AWD

Im having a rather wierd problem after installing Leo4allv3.

Downloading went fine, no problems, burning the disk, no problems here either, setup. easy...

installation nr 1: 100% default.

installation nr 2:

vanilla 9.2.2 core, x1400 video, sigmatel pack audio, laptop powersupply.

After installation i restarted my laptop. an BOEM EPIC FAIL. (installation nr1 & 2 gave this error)

No bootalbe devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

I checked if the right partition was flagged as active, it was correct (htf). Any tips / hints =/.. i dont even get to see the darwin bootloader.

I tried formating my pc, installed windows xp, than installed ubuntu, (grub gave me an fatal error, but what ever.. i dont use linux that much).. after that i installed mac... and got the error again o.o...

Anybody know whats goin on?

formated pc... installed windows, than mac, no errors... mac as active... Still same error... installed ubuntu again, wtih bootloader *grump* still same problem.. and still no solution ;)

If the other OS's are on the same logical drive you will have to use another bootloader to do this. The bootloader for Leopard won't overwrite an existing, but it will still flag the partition active. Flag your Windows partition active and use it to boot the Leopard partition.

Great release, it's running rock stable now. Though there's one thing that bugs me; sleep. I'm using a Gigabyte P35-DS3R, with 8600GT (newest nvinject) and sleep is just not working. My computer turns off instead of going to sleep. I've tried both S1 and S3, and all available sleep modes in OS X (now running default 3), tried different kernels (netkas 9.2.0 sleep, vanilla etc), but still no luck. I just know this config has the abilaty to sleep, because it did once on kaly 10.5.1

Any fix for this, what could be causing the shutdown instead of sleep?

Thanks a lot, eddie. It installed and booted and loaded everything after all -- that is to say, iATKOS couldn't boot properly, but would freeze with "devfs_make_node: not ready for devices" message when first booting the installed system.

I have ASUS P5B with Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS.

Works with Nvinject and doesn't work without it -- freezed at booting.

Even though I tried adding device id to the appropriate *.kexts, nothing would work until I installed Nvinject(from the Leo4All DVD) after some RTFM-ing.

Shall try now the AppleHDA patcher approach to make the ADI 1988A audio work and will report the results.

It says there on the Taruga wiki that it might work on ASUS P5B.

Oh, nearly forgot to say a few words about the downloading/unraring of the Leo4All torrent.

It works OK, guys; just one needs to use the right unrar utility.

I downloaded under SUSE10.3 linux and used Rarlab's linux unrar utility -- a trial command line version. I have several times experienced it when the linux GPL-ed unrar couldn't unrar the files created with WinRAR. So I considered using the vendor's unrar and it really worked for me.

You just unrar the *part01.rar and it will process all the rest of it, so you get your *.iso at last.

So remember: use the Rarlab's unrar utility (get it here -- http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm).

I guess this is a dumb question, but if we have a system installed, and everything is working, should we still install this? THe only things not working on my laptop are sd card slot reader (haven't even tried to fix that, not a priority) and my scrollbar slider on my synaptics pad.

...and if so, does it have to be a fresh install, or can we install "over the top"?

BergerKOS and others,

Within the macOS, UnArchiver did NOT work but UnRarX has unravelled the rar files properly. Toast has rightly burned 2 DVDs. Yay!

Those with a Dell e1405, do you remember what you selected during the install. That would be helpful (or post at the WIKI). I swapped in an Atheros minipci wireless. Which has only worked with Uphucks tiger and Leopard offerings. Of all the DVD's I like the Uphucks 10.49 1.4ir2 best. Pehaps this 4All disk will kick*ss...

All the best to you all.

MB - Asus P5VD2MX-SE

VIA Chipset

Onboard LAN - not supported

Onboard Disiplaycard - not supported

USB - works

LAN - PCI Realteak 8139 - works

Display card - PCI-E ATI X1050 - not supported

Can anyone teach me to manually install the X1050 driver?

Any help would be appreciate

I second that!!!!

question?:

what are the benefits of having of having the gfx ID in the nvidia kexts?

I cant find mine!

how can I put the edited plist inside the installer?

is there smth like repairing permissions needed? which plists do I have to edit?

my id is 01d710de

thank you and sorry for the noob questions!

Is installing the video kexts from the CD recommended or do you do so after the install of OSx86?

I had a version of Kalaway installed and ran some Terminal commands after the install to get my video card to work and now I get a kernal panic and cannot boot into the OS, so I don't want this to happen again.

hi,

i´ve got a problem after installing leo4all v3. installation was fine but after the first reboot nothing happens after

"BSD root: disk0s5, major 14, minor2"

"HFS: created HFBT on Mac"

i cant´t type anything, it just freezes

my system is amilo pa 1538 with tl 50 amd chip and a geforce go 7400 and 1gb ram

would be so pleased if somebody could help me

(english is not my native language so please apologize any mistakes)

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank eddie11c for this fine release, great job here! Osx is getting every day easier to install and more compatible. :)

Here's where I stand with this new release.

I've installed the leo v3 on my system. Everything works just fine exepet for this. It boots ok but when it comes to restarting or shutting the system down I often get black screen with a bunch of text ending server shutdown. It won't shut completely or restart.

I installed vanilla 9.2.2 kernel with ati x 2660 xt driver and apple mbios's default nektas

any hint on how to solve this?... this release is really great for me since the lan works fully on my badaxe 2 now without a stretch.

mb:badaxe 2

cpu:q6000

gpu:Ati 2600xt

Leo4all v3 : vanilla kernel

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank eddie11c for this fine release, great job here! Osx is getting every day easier to install and more compatible. :)

Here's where I stand with this new release.

I've installed the leo v3 on my system. Everything works just fine exepet for this. It boots ok but when it comes to restarting or shutting the system down I often get black screen with a bunch of text ending server shutdown. It won't shut completely or restart.

I installed vanilla 9.2.2 kernel with ati x 2660 xt driver and apple mbios's default nektas

any hint on how to solve this?... this release is really great for me since the lan works fully on my badaxe 2 now without a stretch.

mb:badaxe 2

cpu:q6000

gpu:Ati 2600xt

Leo4all v3 : vanilla kernel

What version of ACPIPlatform did you install? I have problems with restart/shutdown with the stock platform, but works great with version 1.1.0 or 1.0.3.

hi,

i´ve got a problem after installing leo4all v3. installation was fine but after the first reboot nothing happens after

"BSD root: disk0s5, major 14, minor2"

"HFS: created HFBT on Mac"

i cant´t type anything, it just freezes

my system is amilo pa 1538 with tl 50 amd chip and a geforce go 7400 and 1gb ram

would be so pleased if somebody could help me

(english is not my native language so please apologize any mistakes)

nobody any kind of an idea :blink:

Reposting (hopefully for a response) RE: Ethernet not working.

I'm running an Asus M2N-SLI Motherboard (with NVIDIA nForce 5 chipset for lan).

Forcedeth didn't work so I'm asking you guys for help.

Here's my Leo4all install:

post-31953-1209477845_thumb.jpg

Going great here.

Using Kext Helper (had to paste its code into Terminal as it wouldn't activate root user) and my former backup of the IO80211Family.kext, and upon replacing this, Airport popped up as "detected", it wasn't at first- though I selected that text in the install. Airport switches to off upon restart however. ?? How can one seal that permanently?

These two things could be improved/added with these Leopard revisions.

Sigmatel 9200 wasn't there either.

Loving it now though. I keep telling people to buy a mac and why....

Also, UnRarX was the only decompressor that worked. Onward...

I am still having boot up problems. Sometimes it boots to 'waiting for boot volume with uuid .......'

other times it stops on 'appleacpips2nub startup complete'

Sometimes it boots up to the login screen but the keyboard doesn't work.

Generally it takes about five or six tries to get a successful bootup. I'm wondering if this has something to do with having two partitions with Leopard on but a similar setup on my other laptop works fine.

I pretty much went with the defaults during install, so as to have speedstep, went with powermanagement too, both seem to be working though the fan is pretty active. Acer 4720z, intel dual core, gma x3100.

Anyone know a solution to this one? :)