Leo4allv3 finished and released

apowerr

323 posts in this topic

It wasn't a shot against you, relax. I love your work, but this release seems to have some errors with it which wasn't your fault, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be sorted out. It could be any little thing.

You said it was rebuilt from the ground up, so one little thing could be causing it to not work for me. It's not a huge deal, as I'm sure it's figured out, but something about the compatibility got flawed.

I hope maybe we can get it working somehow, but I've tried everything that I know, and it doesn't seem to be working.

It could be my end, I really don't know, but I've never had a problem with video on V1 or V2, and I'm clueless as to what to do now.

Could the About This Mac editor that you included be causing a problem with my video somehow? I didn't check any SMBIOS I left it at default, I picked the NVInject 128MB and AzaliaAudio, and video just won't cooperate.

Hello eddie11c,

Just burned, MD5ed the image, and attempted to boot the Leo4allv3 DVD. After the installation's text scrolls through about three quarters of the screen, the installation reboots back to the bios...well before it reaches the initial Leopard installation dialog box. I tried to catch the text...only was able to catch the "TOH" something right before it reboots back to bios.

Machine is a Dell Dimension 4600 with the latest A12 BIOS, a P4 2.8 Ghz HT processor, 512 MB of DDR400 RAM, 80 GB Seagate IDE HDD, and IDE based LITE-ON DVD-ROM and Sony CD-RW drives.

What do you think are possible things I could check for to possibly fix this issue? I've had the same issues with Kalyway's 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 installations.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

i have a similar problem with exholt. i tried to install with different options including the default ones. Now at boot I have this:

A long list of information, then

MAC framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

cant load mac os. i successfully installed the kalway 10.5.2 before. but couldn't work the wifi. so i was excited about this release.

any ideas?

this is the system

Dell inspiron 8600

2gb ram

broadcom wireless

I have the same problem. The installation went fine on my Thinkpad R52 but got the problem after rebooting. I took out the hard disk, stuck it on an external case and Leopard works fine booting from it via usb. Have tried putting the drive back inside the Thinkpad and it's back to "waiting for root device".

Hey, eddie thanx for your latest release....

Your 2nd version worked great on my set up but now all of a sudden im getting the dreaded

"waiting for root device" error....

I've installed kalyway, zephiroth and your V2 b4 so i dont know what's up...?

I'm using an IDE DVD drive

IDE Hard drive set as MASTER...

AHCI mode on....

2 sata drives

and here is the rest of my set up

Abit AN-M2

AMDX2 6000+

4GB RAM

Chipset: nVidia GeForce 7025/nForce 630a.

On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with Realtek ALC888 codec

Netgear GA311 LAN:Gigabit Ethernet

I keep seeing these dependencies BTW:

APPLEPCICONFIGURATOR

ACPI_SMC_PLATFORMPLUGIN

If the DVD needs to be patched can you explain how to...

thanx man........

hi im new to all this so could do with a helping hand, i think im using the V2 version, downloaded today not knowing V3 was out, but anyways i burnt ok it booted ok and installed ok, but when i try to but into leopard it hangs at the following message....

Kernal version:

Darwin kernal version 9.2.0: sun mar 2 00:35:29 sct 2008; made by toh:xnu-1228/build/ojb/release_i386

iv made sure i ticked the AMD fix..

anyone else had this or know of a fix, im so close i can almost taste the OSXjuicyness.

It tried reinstalling again several times with different settings, the extensions load then i get stuck at that same spot again.

Mobo is a m4n sli

cpu is a amd am2 4600+

2 gb ram

8600 gt 256mb gfx

sata2 320 gb hdd

Anyone help me out please.

I have the same problem. The installation went fine on my Thinkpad R52 but got the problem after rebooting. I took out the hard disk, stuck it on an external case and Leopard works fine booting from it via usb. Have tried putting the drive back inside the Thinkpad and it's back to "waiting for root device".
Try reloading AppleNforceATA.kext from another install, if you have any other hdd's with Leopard, and the repair the permissions and rebuild extensions.mkext that did it for me and now everything works fine.
Hey, eddie thanx for your latest release....Your 2nd version worked great on my set up but now all of a sudden im getting the dreaded "waiting for root device" error....I've installed kalyway, zephiroth and your V2 b4 so i dont know what's up...?I'm using an IDE DVD driveIDE Hard drive set as MASTER...AHCI mode on....2 sata drivesand here is the rest of my set upAbit AN-M2AMDX2 6000+4GB RAM Chipset: nVidia GeForce 7025/nForce 630a.On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with Realtek ALC888 codec Netgear GA311 LAN:Gigabit EthernetI keep seeing these dependencies BTW:APPLEPCICONFIGURATORACPI_SMC_PLATFORMPLUGINIf the DVD needs to be patched can you explain how to...thanx man........
This is an easy fix if you have another hdd with zephyroth, or kalyway boot into it get the AppleNforceATA.kext from the extensions folder. Now copy it into the extensions folder of Eddie's leopard. Go into Disk utility repair the permissions for Eddie's Leopard. Now restart and change your hdd setup so that you boot into Eddie's Leopard. At bootup press F8 or F10 (whatever it is) so now you need to rebuild the extensions.mkext folder by pressing -f. Now you should be able to get to the welcome screen.

Guys if you get waiting for root device make sure u installed the intel chip set. I had the same error until I did that on my T60. My issue is still with the x1400 video driver. The funny part that in the instalation when I select it I get 0 bytes as the size of the driver it a little wierd.

just a quick one when its finished installing are you suppose to reboot straight away like it keeps telling me, just iv been watching a few videos this morning and they go onto another section of the install, we you select what how to connect and etc.

Hi,i am wondering about system profiler.It shows L2 cache(per processor) 4Mb. Is that correct? The CPU is Q6600 with 8Mb cache, installation is Leo4Allv3. With my previous install of Kalyway 10.5.1 it was showing 8Mb? Am I useing only 4 Mb,or System Profiler just recognize my CPU like two Dual Core processors?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.88Z.005C.B08.0707251237 (Award Software International, Inc.)

Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

Finally a leopard that fully works. Good work thanks. By the way dvd only booted with both "-x -s " flags. with "-v" it didnt . i dont know maybe i should have burned it with a lower speed and nvinject didnt work so i downloaded the nvinstaller now it works

Well, I sorted out my graphics issues, but now my audio (ALC662) will not work.

I've tried Azalia, and it worked at first, but after a reboot it will not anymore, and I've tried AppleHDAPatcher v1.20 with a Linux dump of ALC662, and no go.

Any suggestions?