Best Computer Cases

105 posts in this topic

Well obviously nothing beats the mac pro case but here is my winblows machine I just put together for christmas, I found the case at a local computer shop and its a Thermaltake Armor Series, which I have looked at before but have never seen this model, it is a XaserV Here are some pics I snapped of it,

MyComputerPics003.jpg

MyComputerPics001.jpg

Personally, I LOVE THIS CASE! Your remarks about it are also welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say to date my favourite case would have to be the Thermaltake Soprano....

post-214201-1209994795_thumb.jpg

I liked these cases so much I bought 2 of them...one totally stock that I use as a server...and another (which is my nearly 3 year old everyday machine) that I went mod nuts on when I first got it. My Soprano Mod can be veiwed here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1306.html

Let me know what you all think! :P

• 3 weeks later...

I built my hacky in an older Cooler Master case called a Wavemaster I got for $20 on craigslist. Very cool case as it's built entirely out of aluminum (11lbs of it), even the drive cages and internal structure. It looks like there are a lot of these "1st generation" premium cases that can be picked up cheap now because so many want to upgrade.

post-43703-1211813629.jpg

A lot of the newer designs are using a couple of 120mm fans to reduce noice rather than multiple 80/92mm fans which is a good idea. With some creativity you always retrofit the older designs to use larger fans.

The Cooler Master Cosmos is my favorite current design.

i saw the vento 3600 last weekends at akiba, i was so temped to get it cause it can't be bought anywhere here anymore especially new ones.

Cooler Master is one of my fav too, but too bad the support here is horrid! I'll have to wait till i hear good words before I'll get another CM case.

• 3 weeks later...

That last silver box is kinda ok, pretty much everything else i've seen has been butt-ugly :)

Apple has the best cases by far cause the design shows with the interior as well as the exterior of the case. Simple and beautiful.

OMG Apple is the only computer manufacturer with any taste.

Not really. Lian Li makes high quality and very tasteful cases. It just seems most PC users like cases that look like the {censored} love child of a transformer and toaster oven that mated in a blue led factory.