Best Computer Cases

105 posts in this topic

I think the HP Blackbird 002 case is one of the coolest commercial cases ever.

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#/gallery/

That aside, I think my real case is pretty neat too.

It's a silver Thermaltake Aguila case, complete with cross-shaped window:

http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/...nlargeviews.jpg

http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/...largeviewsw.jpg

Antec P182 is uber for cooling and just plain simple. Sleek too!

I also have Antec P182; however, I don't think that it's super great for cooling, since it's a bit cramped. I did few tests, and by opening side panel CPU temps actually went down. I don't use extra fan, which can be installed in the middle cage, and all my fans ran at low speed.

Although for its price, it's a great case. It is very quiet, great looking, has useful cable management, and stable, since PSU is located in the lower chamber.

However, I prefer Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 :P

I've found something similar to pcwiz's

MX002005.jpg

I was thinking about getting a Green Vento 3600 or CM Cosmos or a CM Stacker 832

But I would feel stupid if i get it here in Japan as the price is like x2 here. I do not have the space anyways....

or mod the Sgi Tezro... hmm dell XPS 720 too if i can get my hand on the case.

So i have decided to get this:

coupden cp502

0_502nl_w.gif

or

3rsys r240 Zion

r240_white_b.jpg

as it is cheap here.

Edit: I end up getting a CM Staker 831 as i found a cheap one on the internet!

image1.jpg

Hurray! and we live happily ever after, the end haha

BTW I am Romanian but those cases make me puke all over my monitor.

Me too (but I live in New York), but I think you are right, those cases for one disgust me and secondly would scare me if I left it in my room doing a disk defrag or downloading a torrent when I'm gone. I'd come back from the grocery story thinking I'd be watched. :)

Me too (but I live in New York), but I think you are right, those cases for one disgust me and secondly would scare me if I left it in my room doing a disk defrag or downloading a torrent when I'm gone. I'd come back from the grocery story thinking I'd be watched. :P

Cool, i am Romanian too ;D I like in Belgium :P Fat{censored}cat, u still live in RO?

lubic1.jpg

I've always thought the lubic cases like the one shown above were interesting. You can build them into anything you want. I've seen so many neat things! But seriously, I went for the Antec Nine Hundred. Two of my friends have the case and love it because it keeps everything very cool. It has two large fans in the front, another one in the back, a well ventilated side and a huge 200mm fan on the top. We could even float sticky notes with it! It not only kept the computer cool, but it also keeps you cool, the thing is a freaking fan! I figure if I'm going to over clock I'm going to need a good ventilated case.

11-129-021-18.jpg

I own a Lian-Li PC60 Silver Aluminium Tower with see-through side panel, I highly recommended these cases they are very good for custom builds.

I have a sneak preview here of my next case which is going to cost me around £600 just for the case itself!!!

post-171927-1200163411_thumb.jpg

VERY COOL, Custom Paint Job!!

I have not seen a better looking case to date, have you?

• 2 weeks later...

Antec 900 FTW. :D

Those Dracula cases are junk. Pretty much all of em are made by the same company.

Ugly design, cheap flimsy plastic, craptastic metal material.

My sisters boyfriend had the one that looks like an alien, and it kept shorting out his computers mainboard.

Not to mention the door broke a week after building it.

• 3 weeks later...

Newegg has an Antec P182 sale, $60 delivered until Feb 14. This came in my newegg email (a worthy subscription):

Promo Code

EMCACAJBH

$59.99 After $50.00 Mail-In Rebate

Free Shipping

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 02/14/2008.

Antec P182 Gun Metal Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I passed on this case at list for a build last summer, and I've been eyeing it at Fry's every time I go in since. I jumped on this sale...