Introducing the newest additions to the InsanelyMac team...

Swad

110 posts in this topic

I think they'll be coming tomorrow (hopefully).

Sounds almost like they are flying over. :)

Also, what is it with Britons? Almost all of our Mod staff is from the UK!!! ;)

The Brits are taking over the mac scene. Yeah, it may be made in California but it's the Brits who make it happen.

Personally I don't consider myself a Brit unless I'm filling in a form of some sort. Generally I consider myself more as a London.

I was hearing a radio show how most Londoners identify themselves more in this way. Probably because it sounds cooler to say you're a Londoner than a Brit.

Also, what is it with Britons? Almost all of our Mod staff is from the UK!!! :)

Only the best are from the UK ;)

That's right! (big grin) - the best ARE from the UK! Welcome guys, and I'm glad I have another reason not to change the way I spell 'colour'!

-Sarah

Well I will have to say, having studied London last spring, that the UK does rock. :)

In honor of our new Brit team members, I'm introducing a new smilie:

:P

God save her.

Well I will have to say, having studied London last spring, that the UK does rock. :)

In honor of our new Brit team members, I'm introducing a new smilie:

:P

God save her.

You studied in London or about London? :P

And what the heck is that ugly thing???

Welcome to the new owners.

I think we all hope that this is for the best interest of our comunity , lets say "cheers for the hacks to come".

And Swad did you get the AppleTv already? because i know thats going to be the first thing you do when you get the money.(just playing) :P have fun.

Z.

I studied in London, at Regent's College. And that ugly thing is the the Queen. Or a queen, at least.

Zealot, I'm not planning on buying an AppleTV for a long time, if ever - my iMac does multimedia just fine and all my extra money right now is going toward my education, which will cost a ton. :P

Thanks for the intro Swad...and thanks for the welcome everyone else!

As Swad mentioned, I've basically been interested in OSX86 from its inception, mainly coz my mate Ed was always banging on about how much better OSX is than "Windoze"...so I decided to build a Hackintosh (with the recommended hardware) and try it for myself. It went pretty smoothly and I was suitably impressed with OSX and have been keen on everything Apple ever since! (I even bought a MacBook).

It seemed pretty clear to me that osxproject.org was THE place to get help and advice on OSX86, so I was extremely excited when Ed mentioned that we'll be involved with maintaining and building upon InsanelyMac.

We'll be starting a thread for improvements & suggestions shortly....but I see we already have a few...like the iTeam, LOL! And God Save The Queen....we'll bear those in mind :thumbsup_anim:

British bands btw....don't think anyone mentioned Radiohead :thumbsup_anim:

Watch this space for a more thorough introduction of ourselves!

-Jim

^_^

Hi Guys,

I'm Paul from Fubra, so I thought I should join the thread to say hello to all of you!

It's great to see so many positive comments, and I so hope going forward together we can build on the successes of InsanelyMac and make it one of the top Apple news and chat destinations on the web.

Jim and Ed will be dealing with the day to day running of the site, and so will be more visible around the forums but I intend to pop in now and again as a keen macbook owner myself :D

All the best,

Paul