47 replies to this topic

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:computer science, programming, hardware, software developing

I have also received some good feedbacks from my testing group, so I am just waiting to receive the ok from the designer, I am also doing some other testing just to see if there is something to be fixed for the public release, after the that release I will start to work on some new features (that I will not introduce in the first public release, because I just want that to run stable)

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Just an update, the first public version is almost ready, I have gives it to my group of testers to try to discover some errors and bugs, I also received the ok to procede from my designer, so you will se the public version soon, I am working on optimization and stability, just to let you have a good release to play with

• Api likes this

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

ok, after fighting with some bugs that took a lot of time to figure out how to solve them, I have the final version ready!, but the source code is not so much clear, ordered and also I did not use a lot of comments, but the source code contains a lot of tweaks and features hidden into the public version, like the vibrant design option (I am still working with my designer for that, in the meanwhile the standard design version is ok and it's my way to go).

Because of the structure of the app, if you don't trust the pre-compiled version I will distribute, you can use the source to create your own, but there are some rules and license restrictions to respect, like the fact that any version of the app created by anyone must be open source and under the same license I used and also it have to be free, if you use code from my app in any project, that project must be open source, in the repository I say also to public any new version of the app that you create on a new branch on the repository itself, so I can control the third party versions of the app and remove dangerous and unsafe versions, and also don't touch the main branch, I will release there my source code, that will be your point of reference for third party versions. After that I will say are you ready for the first public version? it will be released in the releases version of the GitHub repository, do you prefer some other places for distribution of pre-build binaries?

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Guys the app is ready and PUBLISHED! you can download it on GitHub

https://github.com/I...e/TINU/releases

IUTniun

IUTniun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Astronomy

You have done a great job . :thumbsup_anim:

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

ok, so I have noted some small ui misplacements, expect a bug fix update soon

chemary85

chemary85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Awesome and congrats!

If you want, i can translate it to Spanish.

Thanks for your work!

Regards! ;)

xtddd

xtddd

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 315 posts

You have done a great job :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

Tusskan

Tusskan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Javascript.

If you want, I cane help translating to Arabic.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Thank you very much for your appreciation and support, now I should create a list somewhere that allows people to subscribe and join for the future translation work (as I already said it will be done when most of the ui will be finished, now it's far from being finished, because it still lacks a lot of feature I plan to add, like the advanced features section, and also I need to improve the English used in the app to make it more clear to understand and easy to translate)

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I can officially announce that I am working to add clover support in my app, I found a way to use a clover pkg with custom settings using some command line commands and by using a plist serialization to generate a config file for the pgk, I am still in the first steps of that and also plist serialization and deserialization are giving me problems, I will keep you updated on that, in the meanwhile I have a new version of the app almost ready that brings a lot of UI imporovemets including a new UI style that you can use, and you can also switch UI style when you want. I will give to you more details on that when I publish it.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
New version available that brigs a new style for the graphical interface, using lots of transparent effects and also some modifications from the previous one, you can switch the style of the UI by just using in the menù bar "View->Use transparent style" or alt + s on the keyboard , you can do it when you want.
Also I have done some other optimization and bug fixing to the whole app.

For future versions:
I am also working on translations finding an easy way to let you to do that and I am also working on the clover code and the advanced options menu for the app, that will let you to install clover on the installer drive and customize the install media with things like kernelcache and other boot files replacement.

Here is a link with the download page of this version: 1.1 PUBLIC (24)

xtddd

xtddd

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 315 posts

great

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
He tested with Sierra 10.13.1 and everything went great.

Thank you, the author!

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

He tested with Sierra 10.13.1 and everything went great.

Thank you, the author!

Yes, I forgot to say that I have also tested it with 10.13.1 and it works great , it should also work with any future release of the macOS installer app that includes the createinstallmedia executable, so if you can see it into the screen that asks you to chose a macOS installer app it should work with TINU, the oldest installer which is supported is the mavericks installer app.

So TINU is quite flexible for the versions of Mac you can use and also it doesn't need to be updated to support newer versions of Mac because the createinstallmedia is always the same.

eSaF

eSaF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Just made a test disk using this app to install macOS 10.13.1 - So far not a bad little app, quite a smooth and understandable transition step by step. A coupling with Clover would definitely make it a 100% must have app for newbies venturing into Hackintosh installation. Well done Sir, looking forward to future developement.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Just made a test disk using this app to install macOS 10.13.1 - So far not a bad little app, quite a smooth and understandable transition step by step. A coupling with Clover would definitely make it a 100% must have app for newbies venturing into Hackintosh installation. Well done Sir, looking forward to future developement.

Thank you for your appreciation, I am working to integrate clover support, the app will automatically download the latest clover installer (or when you are offline it will ask to you to open a clover installer) and let you chose the install options like in the clover pkg installer and then it will install it on the target drive, but I am having problems passing parameters to the clover installer in my testing code , so I don't think it's something you will see into the app soon because I need to work on that, but I will do my best to made it, but I already have a way to integrate other features in future updates, so you will not miss new features in the next versions of app

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
other update: I have modified the first post of this thread to add new screenshots of the new graphics style and also to update the description, I am also looking for a very simple tutorial to link in that post to let people to get stated, so I invite all of you that wants, to create a tutorial about how to use tinu to create a Mac OS installer and then send it to me, the prize is that the best tutorial will be linked as official tutorial in the first post, good luck, in the meanwhile I am working on the app, I am figuring out how to insert the new features into the app's interface.

IUTniun

IUTniun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Astronomy

Working flawlessly,  straightforward and easy to understand ,tested with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6,

Attached Files

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Working flawlessly,  straightforward and easy to understand ,tested with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6,

Thank you very much for appreciating my work, and here is just a spoiler for the next version:

it will extract the icon from your installer app and apply it to the drive you chosen, here is a little demonstration done with my debug version of TINU and Mac OS X mavericks

(I have tested from mavericks and newer version if you ask, no hope to let it to work with previous versions, unless I rework from 0 the code that creates the usb installer to use the older vanilla method)

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, app, tinu, installer, creator, usb, bootable, vanilla, createinstallmedia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy