Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

iBooks and Xcode problem still ​exists with latest drivers. And it seems with 10.12.4 apple moved mission control to Metal. I had to use iGPU as metal renderer and mission control animations is now choppy after upgrade.

We have two options for Maxwell(and Pascal?) right now: Choppy animations with full Metal support or smooth animations without full Metal support...

I updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and then installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) displays out via HDMI. Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. What gives man? I'm not sure what else I could possibly do

Hi

Now Cuda prefpane can install 8.0.81. Compatible with nvidia web driver 10.16.34 355.10.05.35f05. All is ok for macOS Sierra 10.12.4 (Inject nvidia driver web - Clover)  :)

Sorry for my english.

• Like 3

@Fabio my friend sorry something goes wrong with your build.

and i believe is the same to give you the Pop-Up error.  :unsure:

attachicon.gifCUDA-Z_0_10_251_64_bit_and_Nvidia_Web_Driver_updates_for_macOS_Sierra__UPDATE_04_10_2017__-_Page_40_-_New_Releases_and_Updates_-_InsanelyMac_Forum.jpg

it would be wise waiting for at least a couple of months until vega appears in the scene. Going to get something based on outcome of that deathmatch :)

Optimus is the problem.  If you have a laptop where you can disable intel video in the bios then it may work.

As far I know, the new laptops with GTX 10 family are not using optimus, since they are meant to GSync. But I could be wrong, we need more info what laptop model are you using?

As far I know, the new laptops with GTX 10 family are not using optimus, since they are meant to GSync. But I could be wrong, we need more info what laptop model are you using?

I have a Dell XPS 9560 with a gtx 1050 gpu which I'm fairly certain uses Optimus.

Working with my EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition  :D It's also serving as a 'helper' card for my Rx 480 (waiting on a new monitor to arrive -- the 1080 doesn't have DVI so I can't switch over completely). Tested an export in Adobe Premiere with CUDA and it seemed to go well. 

Used AGDPfix with Mac Pro 6,1. I'm having trouble getting the nvda_drv=1 setting to stick though, it looks like I have to manually enable it on every boot. Clover boot options in the config don't work -- it just loads the Apple driver. Is anyone else having that issue?

Any workarounds for multi - monitor setups?  I have to update my signature, but I have an EVGA 1080 FTW and 1 monitor connected to DVI and one to DP.  If I boot with just the DP monitor connected, it works fine...I just have to connect the DVI one and get multi monitors working.  Otherwise, if I boot with both connected, it's blank screens for both and have to hard reset.

hey guys, just installed the new update and its broken flux on my mac! any ideas as to a fix or is this something we need to wait for flux to update their app for? oddly the white outline of my mouse recolours, but the whole display stays full blue levels, its unbearable! 

I updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and then installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) displays out via HDMI. Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. What gives man? I'm not sure what else I could possibly do

I'm stuck at a standstill and out of ideas as to how get my GPU enabled. If you're wondering, I already tried installing EmuVariableUefi-64 via Clover which caused my system not to boot so I had to use my USB boot disk to access 10.12.4 to delete it from the EFI drivers folder.

I'm stuck at a standstill and out of ideas as to how get my GPU enabled. If you're wondering, I already tried installing EmuVariableUefi-64 via Clover which caused my system not to boot so I had to use my USB boot disk to access 10.12.4 to delete it from the EFI drivers folder.

Sorry for my english

Clover must have iNvidiaweb=true in System parameters. Add nvda_drv=1 in boot args if necessary.

Anyone know why the sudden jump

My hack feels way responsive and smoother (GTX 960), i guess they improved their Metal driver :D

hey guys, just installed the new update and its broken flux on my mac! any ideas as to a fix or is this something we need to wait for flux to update their app for? oddly the white outline of my mouse recolours, but the whole display stays full blue levels, its unbearable! 

Bro, Flux is now useless, with 10.12.4 apple has a native alternative to flux, go in System Settings -> Display -> Night Shift, it's so much better :)

• Like 1

Also after doing this test as described here, I concluded my system has working hardware NVRAM which is the reason why it will not boot with EmuVariableUefi-64 installed from Clover since there is no need for it. Still no luck. Everytime after restart, the NVIDIA Web Driver resets back to OS X Default Graphics Driver in the NVIDIA preference pane in 10.12.4.