Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

I'm not sure as to what else I can do to proceed further. Attached is a screenshot of my current situation involving my problem attempting to enable Pascal drivers. I already updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) input is HDMI. In my config.plist, NvidiaWeb=True and Graphics/Inject/Nvidia=False (as well as Intel/AMD). Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. And for the record, if you're wondering, I've already tried implementing the solution for Problem 6 which requires installing EmuVariableUefi-64 via Clover which causes my system not to boot each time so I have to use my USB boot disk to access 10.12.4 to delete it from the EFI 'drivers' folder. And after doing this test as described here, I concluded my system has working hardware NVRAM which is the reason why it will not boot with EmuVariableUefi-64 installed from Clover since there is no need for it. Still no luck. I'm fresh out of ideas and I don't know what else I'm missing. If someone could help me brainstorm some other posibilities to get these Pascal drivers working I'd greatly appreciate it. 

BeGacTv.png

Had same problem as you. First, with nvda_drv=1 the driver won't load. Using NvidiaWeb=1 Give me black screen. After some research, got mine working using AGDPfix.v1.3 and NvidiaWeb=1 in Clover. SMBIOS is iMac 17.1

• Like 1

I'm not sure as to what else I can do to proceed further. Attached is a screenshot of my current situation involving my problem attempting to enable Pascal drivers. I already updated to 10.12.4 with the latest version of Clover r4049 and installed the Pascal drivers while my GPU (GTX 1070) input is HDMI. In my config.plist, NvidiaWeb=True and Graphics/Inject/Nvidia=False (as well as Intel/AMD). Each time after I change to the Webdriver from the NVIDIA preference panel and restart, it reverts back to the OS X Default drivers. And for the record, if you're wondering, I've already tried implementing the solution for Problem 6 which requires installing EmuVariableUefi-64 via Clover which causes my system not to boot each time so I have to use my USB boot disk to access 10.12.4 to delete it from the EFI 'drivers' folder. And after doing this test as described here, I concluded my system has working hardware NVRAM which is the reason why it will not boot with EmuVariableUefi-64 installed from Clover since there is no need for it. Still no luck. I'm fresh out of ideas and I don't know what else I'm missing. If someone could help me brainstorm some other posibilities to get these Pascal drivers working I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Send me Clover folder with ACPI tables dropped (press F4 at Clover Boot Manager screen, wait 5 seconds, then boot into OS), mount your drive, then grab CLOVER folder. Also send me an IOREG file: Download, open, save IOREG file: IORegistryExplorerv2.1.zip Compress both, then upload here.

Had same problem as you. First, with nvda_drv=1 the driver won't load. Using NvidiaWeb=1 Give me black screen. After some research, got mine working using AGDPfix.v1.3 and NvidiaWeb=1 in Clover. SMBIOS is iMac 17.1

AGDPFix is a temporary solution that breaks every time you upgrade. Not recommended for long term sustainability.

• Like 3

Hello everybody,
Well sorry to say but I'm stuck. Was trying everything from this thread and from whatever google found it with no luck. Can't resolve for few days. After I enable nvidia web driver I getting balck screen after reboot. Three times reinstall 10.12.4, started from scratch. I can say I tried everything what possibly can. Hope I still missing something. Different system definitions, kexts lilu and nvidiafixup or AGDPfix patch, different monitor numbers in clover, inject EDID, custom EDID, override EDID, nvidia simple name, nvidia single and etc, same result, black screen. Through VNC I can see that system is up and running.
If anyone have any thoughts please help me.
Thank you.

P.S. forgot to mention that Monitor connected by HDMI

Hello, i also have a similar problem, i installed sierra and the web driver but if i boot with the driver activated (nvda_drv=1 and nvidiaweb checked) i have a blackscreen and after a reboot i tried agdpfix but nothing happen. Any idea?

Sry for my english

Inviato dal mio D6503 utilizzando Tapatalk

Working with my EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition  :D It's also serving as a 'helper' card for my Rx 480 (waiting on a new monitor to arrive -- the 1080 doesn't have DVI so I can't switch over completely). Tested an export in Adobe Premiere with CUDA and it seemed to go well. 

Used AGDPfix with Mac Pro 6,1. I'm having trouble getting the nvda_drv=1 setting to stick though, it looks like I have to manually enable it on every boot. Clover boot options in the config don't work -- it just loads the Apple driver. Is anyone else having that issue?

this is a problem on me as well.  It seems the new driver causes some kind of problems with clover.  Sometimes I get a hang on AppleIntelCPU power management kext as well from this driver.  I have a 970 so I just reverted to old driver and it works fine.  Good luck

hey guys, just installed the new update and its broken flux on my mac! any ideas as to a fix or is this something we need to wait for flux to update their app for? oddly the white outline of my mouse recolours, but the whole display stays full blue levels, its unbearable! 

probobly write flux dev's to fix it

Anyone know why the sudden jump

My hack feels way responsive and smoother (GTX 960), i guess they improved their Metal driver :D

Bro, Flux is now useless, with 10.12.4 apple has a native alternative to flux, go in System Settings -> Display -> Night Shift, it's so much better :)

Bro, you dont know what you are talking about.  How about sending me your apple cinema display bro.  Thx.  

Only one issue for the moment:

Night Shift only works on the main screen :( (HDMI + DVI)

As a workaround i toggle twice mirror screen

night shift only works on certain models of monitors.  You could spoof that model but i highly doubt you are that intelligent, no offense.

Send me Clover folder with ACPI tables dropped (press F4 at Clover Boot Manager screen, wait 5 seconds, then boot into OS), mount your drive, then grab CLOVER folder. Also send me an IOREG file: Download, open, save IOREG file: IORegistryExplorerv2.1.zip Compress both, then upload here.

AGDPFix is a temporary solution that breaks every time you upgrade. Not recommended for long term sustainability.

Don't worry a/b it, I got it finally working. I did some brainstorming for solutions by looking at posts from members on t**ymacx86 who had experienced issues to similar to mine and decided to reinstall macOS 10.12 on a diff partition and update to 10.12.4 along w/ the new Web drivers and Cuda. After doing so the Web drivers are finally enabled. Lesson learned: When all else fails reinstall a clean copy of OS X.

Hello everybody,

Well sorry to say but I'm stuck. Was trying everything from this thread and from whatever google found it with no luck. Can't resolve for few days. After I enable nvidia web driver I getting balck screen after reboot. Three times reinstall 10.12.4, started from scratch. I can say I tried everything what possibly can. Hope I still missing something. Different system definitions, kexts lilu and nvidiafixup or AGDPfix patch, different monitor numbers in clover, inject EDID, custom EDID, override EDID, nvidia simple name, nvidia single and etc, same result, black screen. Through VNC I can see that system is up and running.

If anyone have any thoughts please help me.

Thank you.

P.S. forgot to mention that Monitor connected by HDMI

If you still need help contact me ;) 

Hi all,

looking for some additional guidance...

I've installed a GT 730 2GB into my HP Z800 system. running Sierra on EFI(old system)

I can't for the life of me get Sierra to use the Nvidia drivers.

I've enabled the web drivers flag using Clover configurator, and removed nv_drv=1.

If it does manage to boot into OSX, I see artifacts on the screen and a black background on the login page and desktop

Thank you everyone, as always

• Like 1

@ Frank Nitty . I'm using a gtx970 and was just toying with the idea of getting a GTX1070 if there working ok

Specs in signture Frank

Yeah my specs are in Rig #1 of my sig, and I'm running a 4770K on the Z97 platform as well. My system has been running 10.12.4 with my 1070's all day and I haven't had any problems so you're good to go since we pretty much have similar specs. Why wait now, go get that bad boy now while the prices are good.

:D Works for me.. Using an ASUS GTX-1080 ROG STRIX GPU.

Build:

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/p2tgv7H.jpg

p2tgv7H.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX
Operating System: MacOS Sierra 10.12.4

Configuration:

Boot: -v dart=0 nvda_drv=1

Graphics: videoports: 3

SMBIOS: Board-ID: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61, ProductName: iMac17,1

SystemParameters: Inject SystemID, NvidiaWeb

How I got it working? Install the Nvidia WebDrivers. Then I installed the SMBIOS iMac17,1 but then I manually changed the Board-ID to: iMac14,2 aka: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61. Next I changed VideoPorts to 3, added the boot flags and NvidiaWeb.

Why I changed the BoardID? Because without that Board-ID, I keep getting a black screen! I tried patching it via a KextPatch and DSDT patch but no cigar. The Board-ID change was way easier and works no problem. VideoPorts=3 aren't needed but I felt like I should specify it for completeness anyway..