Pattern of MLB (Main Logic Board)

holyfield

573 posts in this topic

Griven, then could you please explain why my hack that is using a cloned MLB, ROM(not from my real mac btw, but from another) is working but my real mac isn't working.

Griven, then could you please explain why my hack that is using a cloned MLB, ROM(not from my real mac btw, but from another) is working but my real mac isn't working.

I think the real mac which we took the ROM not working the messages are not received by the recipient. and try to do as a result of problems at work APPLE ID my iPad and my iPhone is malfunction with iMessage

it looks like APPLE PUSH has been disabled on my real Mac

But i think this could change very soon, it seems a far to a simple method to work around ... so I suspect that Apple are working on a more complex method to stop the use of cloned MLB & ROM values so expect more changes soon....

It is so obvious, but I won't spell it out for you: THINK WARRANTY!

@jaymonkey thanks for giving info.

We need to wait for the final server changes..

Currently I activated Apple ID by calling method but cant send message to any on ......

Its shows like this ::

1h3v9s.jpg

hello all, i can confirm that cloned  SystemID, MLB and ROM still works for me with push and cellular SMS too.

i use this data since mid. November.

i´ve got the data from my iMac 11,3 with os x 10.6. i used a 10.9 USB drive to get them. i use a Macmini 6.2 SMBios

this mac never was connected to imessage, icloud and the other services (in use in a shopping window).

i can´t check if the iMac is blacklisted now because he got no internet connection.

Has anyone else also found that 'Personal Hotspot' has stopped showing up as well?

Apple support at this point seem to not have much idea what is going on. All the checks they do from their end seem to flag nothing against the affected account, and so basically get to the point where they assume it's a hardware problem and that I should take the (real and non-working) Mac into the repair place....which I'm reluctant to do, since I'm fairly sure it isn't, and just don't want to waste their time.

Has anyone who did use a cloned MLB/Rom, and who has since stopped doing so had any luck getting their real Mac back up and running yet? If so, what exactly did they ask the extremely polite support folks to do?

I think as Apple registered a notable increase of login attempts against not matching pairs of MLB/ROM and SystemID they decided to reset their databases to get rid of all the cloned systems and sharpen their checks of SystemID, MLB and ROM including a forced log out of their Services. Once logged out the first machines Hardware UUID which reconnected to their services was registered to be legit owner of the given pair of MLB and ROM values and the Services got totally enabled for this machine.

This step is totally logical to me since it won´t affect any legit MAC user but will heavily affect all the non legit users .....

Based purely on the feedback from users on this and other forums, it would seem that if a real Mac has never connected to iMessage but its ID's are used on a hack then the hack will take priority in Apples database over the real Mac .... thus at a later date if the real Mac connects to iMessage it will be flagged/black-listed (incorrectly) as a clone.

I cant prove this theory myself as i don't have a Mac that has never connected to iMessage but it seems to be the case if recent reports are correct. Like i said in my previous post if this indeed what is happening then one can only assume that Apple will be implementing further changes soon to avoid this situation and that this recent change/issue is a short term quick fix to remove what Apple consider cloned systems from its database.

Right now all we can do is wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Jay

I think that there is more research to be done, we now cover that the true value of mac can be used on more than a hack, I think it will be very difficult to do otherwise used as a real Mac or iDevice to message and facetime

it will be like with the jailbreak we will find holes
  and Apple will block them

there is someone who has called Apple to unlock its true macintosh with iMessage and FaceTime?

I wanted to report I now have iMessage working without a real MLB. I used the tool from http://www.insanelym...c-board/page-13 post #260 to generate a 13 digit MLB and I used the mac address from my Apple wifi card (from http://osxwifi.com (not sure if this is relevant?)) for the ROM. My smUUID is randomly generated with uuidgen and my serial is randomly generated by Clover Configurator. I received the customer code error and it took a one minute call to Apple and I'm sending and receiving SMS now!

I'll add that I tried to use the 17 digit MLB generator by the same author and that didn't work. I received an error with no customer code.

• Like 1

Hello

Today I started to experience the issue and may try to share something I know.

I was/am using a combination of SmUUID, MLB and ROM from a real iMac and still got blocked.

I do not know what is the exact reason: either a difference of the models (Board-id) or the difference of BoardSerialNumber. However, I suspect that they are relevant and just uuid, MLB/ROM are not enough. We may end cloning basically everything from a real mac.

Using any other account in iMessage will result in an actual delivery failure when sending a message, I suppose, it can be used as a test.

Will perform HW id comparison when I can.

Based purely on the feedback from users on this and other forums, it would seem that if a real Mac has never connected to iMessage but its ID's are used on a hack then the hack will take priority in Apples database over the real Mac .... thus at a later date if the real Mac connects to iMessage it will be flagged/black-listed (incorrectly) as a clone.

Both hack and real result in blacklist.  I am in a back and forth with apple trying to get my real mac working again.  Not worth the hassle going through this.  I do not recommend cloning.  You warned us about it over on the other site.  Should have listened I guess.  I still do not agree with calling apple to register fake customer codes either though.  That is fraudulent in my books.

I may just do a virtual KVM like sharemouse to my real mac to use messages on on a 3rd display instead.

Both hack and real result in blacklist.  I am in a back and forth with apple trying to get my real mac working again.  Not worth the hassle going through this.  I do not recommend cloning.  You warned us about it over on the other site.  Should have listened I guess.

@tyns,

I would sit tight for a day or so, with so many reports of real Mac's suffering from iMessage issues in response to this latest service change it's quite likely that Apple are going to have to do something about it and do it soon, they may back-out this latest cloned ID's verification check/change and/or replace it with something else.... I still think that it was a quick and dirty/knee jerk attempt to remove/stop systems using cloned ID's from their databases ...

Interestingly, there are a few reports over on the other thread that things are stating to work again for a few users, i can't personally confirm this right now, and as always it will take a few days for the change/update to roll out - lets wait and see if this is the case.

Cheers

Jay

@Luki1979,

I am in the same boat as foilage11 and have had my iMessage working for couple of weeks now. What makes you think that this will not last is there any precedence of generated MLB values from this method ceasing to work?

Rkool

The December 2014 changes, blocking some genuine Mac users, is a general AppleID security improvement and it is not iMessage specific.

Also. There are two kinds of blocks. See error 23 and error 24 in the list below:

Error 0: [Warning] Failed, unknown error ==> Disabling service

Error 1: [Warning] Failed, no error ==> Disabling service

Error 2: [Warning] Failed, registration cancelled ==> Disabling service

Error 3: [Warning] Failed, not supported ==> Disabling service

Error 4: [Warning] Failed, denied by user ==> Disabling service

Error 5: [Warning] Failed, delivered too many sms ==> Disabling service

Error 6: [Warning] Failed, too many sms delivery failures ==> Disabling service

Error 7: [Warning] Failed, garbage signature ==> Disabling service

Error 8: [Warning] Failed, garbage phone number ==> Disabling service

Error 9: [Warning] Failed, server not found ==> Disabling service

Error 10: [Warning] Failed, server not available ==> Disabling service

Error 11: [Warning] Failed, server error ==> Disabling service

Error 12: [Warning] Failed, new signature required ==> Disabling service

Error 13: [Warning] Failed, bad signature ==> Disabling service

Error 14: [Warning] Failed, bad push token ==> Disabling service

Error 15: [Warning] Failed, no device id ==> Disabling service

Error 16: [Warning] Failed, no push token ==> Disabling service

Error 17: [Warning] Failed, empty result code ==> Disabling service

Error 18: [Warning] Failed, invalid login ==> Disabling service

Error 19: [Warning] Failed, invalid password ==> Disabling service

Error 20: [Warning] Failed, login failed ==> Disabling service

Error 21: [Warning] Failed, account update needed ==> Disabling service

Error 22: [Warning] Failed, new password needed ==> Disabling service

Error 23: [Warning] Failed, permanently blocked ==> Disabling service

Error 24: [Warning] Failed, temporarily blocked ==> Disabling service

Error 25: [Warning] Failed, unconfirmed alias ==> Disabling service

Error 26: [Warning] Failed, alias legacy or not active ==> Disabling service

Error 27: [Warning] Failed, alias not available ==> Disabling service

Error 28: [Warning] Failed, alias in use ==> Disabling service

Error 29: [Warning] Failed, not authorized ==> Disabling service

Error 30: [Warning] Failed, bad invitation context ==> Disabling service

Error 31: [Warning] Failed, absinthe error ==> Disabling service

Error 32: [Warning] Failed, rate limit error ==> Disabling service

Error 33: [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported ==> Disabling service

Error 34: [Warning] Failed, no alias set ==> Disabling service

In short. If anything fails then check: /var/log/system.log for strings like that ;)

Edit: I forgot to add that error 31 is about ROM/MLB data errors.

• Like 1

Rkool it can only last if logged straight in but if you had to call Apple than they only authorize you for one session (max 2 months)

Unfortunately we established that generated numbers can only produce Customer Code error. And cloned numbers will get you blocked on one machine.

Pike.R.Alpha thanks for good info.

What error message(s) / dialog are you getting when you try to login?

See also: /var/log/system.log

Jan  4 16:34:39 Thomass-MacBook-Pro.local identityservicesd[311]: [Warning] Failed, server error => Disabling service

First off, holyfield, thank you very much for this greatly researched topic and your amount of information!

Even if the topic is called "Pattern of MLB", I noticed that you practically dealt with most Hardware IDs that may be used to identify the machine such as the Serial Number and the HardwareAddress (DMI's name for "ROM"). Normally this would be off-topic, but as you dealt with other IDs than MLB, I suppose you wouldn't mind: Would you maybe deal with the HardwareSignature (also known as "SmUUID" or "system-id") after the pattern of the 17-char MLB is sorted out? :)

From my standpoint all we know is that the last part equals to the HardwareAddress, isn't it? This value would probably be the last value to "discover" as the Hardware-UUID is basically the product of all the other Hardware IDs and generated by OS X itself.

I understand that you of course need volunteers to provide you with the necessary data and if this does not happen, there isn't much that you can do, I just wondered if you maybe would want to look into it as that would probably be the last step after the BaseBoardSerial.

For Clover v3 we definitely need to rework the SMBIOS patching so we can have HardwareAddress, HardwareSignature and BaseBoardSerial properly in the DMI table. Actually BaseBoardSerial is present as of now, however I know that it is somehow inserted wrongly. The macosxbootloader project reveals that the data returned by "BaseBoardSerial" on a real Mac is definitely much longer than a MLB Serial (I think it was something between 50 and 70 in length, might recheck later). If you let boot.efi set the "MLB" variable on boot, indeed it will contain the MLB value, however it will contain much more junk as well. Might try to find out what a real Mac has stored at the BaseBoardSerial address later on.

Thanks again for your work!

• Like 3

Both hack and real result in blacklist.  I am in a back and forth with apple trying to get my real mac working again.  Not worth the hassle going through this.  I do not recommend cloning.  You warned us about it over on the other site.  Should have listened I guess.  I still do not agree with calling apple to register fake customer codes either though.  That is fraudulent in my books.

I may just do a virtual KVM like sharemouse to my real mac to use messages on on a 3rd display instead.

Did Apple ever fix the issue with your real Mac?