OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Chameleon was doing the same thing to me, I feel like it's because with Chameleon you have to point it to the kernel that you have at your root. It's probably not able to boot the DP2.

You're right, it's just Chameleon. Switched to Clover and it was able to complete installation and run DP2 fine.

I guess I'm going to wait until a fix for Chameleon for DP2, because I much prefer using it than Clover.

You're right, it's just Chameleon. Switched to Clover and it was able to complete installation and run DP2 fine.

I guess I'm going to wait until a fix for Chameleon for DP2, because I much prefer using it than Clover.

That's what I said - now I'm dual booting Clover UEFI with Mavs and Yosemite side-by-side, won't ever go back (just like they told me lol)

Clover is definitely well worth taking the time to get comfortable with, and I prefer booting in UEFI mode (which my laptop does by default with windows 8.1) I feel that the clover bootloader just works better once configured properly. Also allows for future proofing, because the needed kexts can be stored in EFI partition rather than Mac HDD partition, makes it safer to update. I keep a bootable backup of my system just in case I do something completely stupid, just as a precaution

I just used disk utility, but to each their own. Lol. I also installed clover on the external drive just in case of total hard drive failure. So I have a fully portable hackintosh. Quite useful when sorting out kinks in an install, or making any other drastic changes.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Would anybody be able to give the best advice on the best way to get yosemite working with the NP540u3c.

I can run the USB Installer using UEFI but I don't know the best way for it to work with my ultrabook. I have used Clover before as well.

Thanks

Hi there,

Would anybody be able to give the best advice on the best way to get yosemite working with the NP540u3c.

I can run the USB Installer using UEFI but I don't know the best way for it to work with my ultrabook. I have used Clover before as well.

Thanks

I'm on mobile, so forgive me if you have them in your signature already, but... Specs? Have you previously installed mavericks on this machine?

Anyone have the vanilla AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from DP2? I'd like to try to patch it with Clover instead of removing it completely, but I already deleted mine. Can someone please share? Thanks.

Are you still looking for the Vanilla AppleTyMCEDriver.kext? If nobody comes through for you, I may be able to post it within an hour.

• Like 1

I got the same errors, at this point the system just hangs. I tried a reinstall with the same problem.

Do you happen to be using Chameleon or Clover? I'm using Chameleon atm.

I'm using Chameleon too, but I might as well switch back to Clover since the only problem I had was with the display which in the end was hopefully only caused by a bad IOATAFamily kext..

Are you saying that it's enaugh to switch bootloader now after the DP2 has been installed or that Clover is needed before installation to make the install finish properly?

DP2 fixed my HD 5000 graphics issues (Haswell NUC) - on DP1 I could only reach desktop if I was connected to secondary graphics output. So had to change bios to HDMI if I wanted DP and vice versa…..the update has now made it work properly.

• Like 1

I will add the specs to my signature.

No I have never installed mavericks on this machine but I know of it is possible as I have seen videos of it running and guide for the NP530u3c.

Okay, well the first place to start would be to follow the guide for mavericks, or to check page 4 I think, of this thread for the yosemite DP install guide. Quick warning though (which hopefully you already know, and forgive me for saying it) installing Yosemite on your machine will be a challenge, and I personally wouldn't recommend it until you've installed Mavericks on there first. I don't think it will be stable enough for a main use thing. But, if you're doing it to give it a try, you should be able to with a bit of effort.

DP2 fixed my HD 5000 graphics issues (Haswell NUC) - on DP1 I could only reach desktop if I was connected to secondary graphics output. So had to change bios to HDMI if I wanted DP and vice versa…..the update has now made it work properly.

I've also read at least one report that DP2 fixed the intel HD4600 lacking QE/CI, if true, I'm about to be a happy man.

I'm on mobile, so forgive me if you have them in your signature already, but... Specs? Have you previously installed mavericks on this machine?

Are you still looking for the Vanilla AppleTyMCEDriver.kext? If nobody comes through for you, I may be able to post it within an hour.

I got it from a friend, thanks though.  I thought I saw a patch here on the thread for it, but I can't seem to locate it now.  But I'm still looking for one; I'd rather patch the kexts than have to try and remove them after each update in the future.  The goal is to not always have a Mavericks/Yosemite dual boot, so it won't always be so easy to get back in and delete after installing updates. 

• Like 1

I don't believe I've ever come across a patched one… Everywhere I've ever see has always said to just remove it cuz it's not needed for a working system.  Any idea where I can find a patched one? 

I don't believe I've ever come across a patched one… Everywhere I've ever see has always said to just remove it cuz it's not needed for a working system. Any idea where I can find a patched one?

I actually assumed you were using a patched version of it on a previous mavericks install, and that you'd be able to apply a similar patch. I make far too many assumptions at times. I'll look around, but offhand, I don't know of anything, no.

Oh haha I've always used MyHack/Chameleon, and MyHack auto removes AppleTyMCEDriver, and Chameleon can't patch. So since I got this shiny new Clover UEFI setup, thought I'd take a stab at patching the next to avoid the headache with future updates. You get the point hahaha

I was able to apply one patch successfully to enable TRIM on my SSD. Thought I was pretty cool hahaha

I don't believe I've ever come across a patched one… Everywhere I've ever see has always said to just remove it cuz it's not needed for a working system.  Any idea where I can find a patched one? 

This is the patch for Clover, it's under the kernel and kext patches section in the wiki:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>
</dict>
  • Like 1

Yeah, the patching feature is pretty cool. I used myhack and other tools for awhile, but after I got the Envy, a guy in a thread I'm active in got me doing things the fully manual way. As for clover, I did that part myself because I thought it would be cool to make clover my default bootloader and to not have to switch out of UEFI Mode to use OS X from that moment forth I've been a fan of clover. It's helped me perfect my mavericks install for the most part, and keep it free of worries with new updates.

• Like 1

Question how do you mean HD4600 graphics

Fabio

This is the patch for Clover, it's under the kernel and kext patches section in the wiki:

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

I tried that, I don't think it worked.  I'll try it again. 

It's actually still in my config.plist.  Is it appropriate to add a Comment string, like the other patches I have?  Like this? 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleTyMCEDriver Patch</string>
			 	<key>Find</key>
			 	<key>Name</key>
			 	<key>Replace</key>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External Icons Patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>TRIM Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
			</dict>

I tried that, I don't think it worked.  I'll try it again. 

It's actually still in my config.plist.  Is it appropriate to add a Comment string, like the other patches I have?  Like this? 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleTyMCEDriver Patch</string>
			 	<key>Find</key>
			 	<key>Name</key>
			 	<key>Replace</key>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External Icons Patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>TRIM Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
			</dict>

No, the comment shouldn't make a difference. It might be slightly different for 10.10 like it is with the trim patch.

EDIT: I just checked the DP2 binary in hex fiend, the patch should be working just as it does in Mavericks. I'm not sure why it isn't for you.

If you want to, you can use the comment for any patches, it's just for reference purposes