• 22 posts
Yeah I also need a working driver for 8185

Eon Porter

Eon Porter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My 8187 works for 10 seconds also, and then stops working. It also gets really hot, and I wonder if this doesnt have something to do with my USB port rather than the Wi-fi adapter itself. I tried to change the settings for 802.11b and ETSI, but this doenst fix the problem. Anyone else going through this?

bonestonne

bonestonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
i have the same wireless adapter, and i'm not sure how this is working, but download the realtek driver, not the netgear driver.

realtek driver for the 8187L chipset works for intel based macs [most recent intel driver]. i'm running OS X 10.4.10 on my rig [OSx86] and the driver is working, i plugged in my adapter, driver sprang to life.

after installing the driver, be sure to repair your disk permissions!

zunk

zunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I get "Please insert the "MAC" disc to continue installation "You have chosen to install software that requires this disc"

When I supply the machine with the disc (osx86, jas) I thinks for some seconds and then pops it right out.

Do I use the wrong disc? Can I install It manually somehow?

Thanks!

vikingboy

vikingboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
my mobo has 8187 chipset in its integrated wifi too..
works flawlessly on 10.4.9 with the drivers on realtek site
but on leopard disconnects after a few seconds automatically..

any ideas?

Paulo Greimel

Paulo Greimel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Can you please post the RTL8187.kext (Only the .kext file here)? I am installing Leopard and wanna make some tests.

Paulo

pilonog

pilonog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thought I would post this about the 8185L.

I wrote Realtek an email about it since that seems to be what happened with the 8187L and here is the responce I received:

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your e-mail.
Because Apple intel platform don't support PCI\Cardbus interface, so we
don't have plan to provide it.
Best Regards,
Fred

I have since given up on making the 8185L wireless work.

Alby128

Alby128

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I've got some problems with the Realtek RTL8187 wi-fi card integrated into my Asus P5N32-SLI Premium motherboard. I've installed the original Realtek drivers for this chip and from the wireless utility I can search the networks and connect to them, but I still haven't surf to the net.

Ping and lookup doesn't work, from the network utility I can read the link speed is blocked to 0 Mbps, but I see that there are some packets sended and received (about 200-300).

Can we help me?

Thanks in advance,
Alby

Paulo Greimel

Paulo Greimel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Same thing here, RTL8187 disconnects in Leopard after a few seconds. Can someone e-mail Realtek? I've tried but I got no answer back. Maybe it is just a small bug.

Paulo

lusp00ky

lusp00ky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hey guys, bought an Encore ENUWI-G2 USB WiFi adapter, which has Realtek RTL8187 chipset, and using universal drivers just fine

the only problem is that I have to reconnect every time I restart or sleep

Henryk

Henryk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hey guys, bought an Encore ENUWI-G2 USB WiFi adapter, which has Realtek RTL8187 chipset, and using universal drivers just fine

the only problem is that I have to reconnect every time I restart or sleep

I have exactly the same issue. I'd like the wifi to reconnect automatically to my preferred network everytime it boots.
Is there any way to connect automatically?

And, BTW, I understand the situation of many of the posters: Of the 3 wireless nets I have access to, only 2 of them work. So that's a 66% success... Crappy drivers from realtek, but at least they do the job (somehow).

Paulo Greimel

Paulo Greimel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Henrik, I agree with you. Realtek drivers aren't perfect, they worked fine on Tiger, but there were major changes in Leopard and now we have flaws on the driver. As other user said here, floow control is something we should pay attention. Also, the crappy realtek utility selects a prefered network to connect automatically, maybe if we could connect to the wireless network every time we boot up (I mean manually)...

williwilliwilli

williwilliwilli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 30 posts

my mobo has 8187 chipset in its integrated wifi too..
works flawlessly on 10.4.9 with the drivers on realtek site
but on leopard disconnects after a few seconds automatically..

any ideas?

I have the same thing on leopard. Anyone managed to fix this?
Thanks

mdg

mdg

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 255 posts

I have the same thing on leopard. Anyone managed to fix this?
Thanks

I've seen some people post that they have the WiFi working on their Asus P5K Wifi boards, but I like you have the same problem.

I wonder how we can get the people who say they have it working to post how they have it working...I'm all ears and willing to try anything.

I have a 1500 Draft N card working in mine but want to move it to another PC so I'm real keen on getting the built in WiFi to work with 10.5.1. Kalyway...

/mdg.

aphextom9

aphextom9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Computer hardware<br />Overclocking<br />OS X
I installed the latest drivers, but when I boot, it says "Please Enable the WLAN Card" it says it should be under system preferences in "network"
But I don't see how to enable any wireless device under the new Leopard (10.5.1) Network Preferences pane. wtfff?

pippodark

pippodark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I installed the latest drivers, but when I boot, it says "Please Enable the WLAN Card" it says it should be under system preferences in "network"
But I don't see how to enable any wireless device under the new Leopard (10.5.1) Network Preferences pane. wtfff?

In preferences Network, click on + and you can see ALL ethernet that you have, enable ALL ethernet, do not touch anything, restart the PC.
On restart you can see the realteck connected, at restart Leo or tiger use the DHCP but after you can change what you like.
This is an mistake of Apple, that Does not recognize the USB network card

aphextom9

aphextom9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

In preferences Network, click on + and you can see ALL ethernet that you have, enable ALL ethernet, do not touch anything, restart the PC.
On restart you can see the realteck connected, at restart Leo or tiger use the DHCP but after you can change what you like.
This is an mistake of Apple, that Does not recognize the USB network card

looks like that worked...haven't been connected for long though, we'll see...

aphextom9

aphextom9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
how do i connect to a wireless network with 802.1x authentication through this though???
the WLAN client utility doesn't seem to have the setup options i need, and Network Preferences recognized the adapter as an ethernet port...therefore it doesn't have the 802.1x setup options i need to connect...anyone know how to do this?

Chul.K

Chul.K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I sent an e-mail to Realtek for RTL8187L issue in Leopard, and they gave me a reply in just two days!

Here's the reply from Realtek:

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your e-mail.
Sorry for your inconvenience.
But, we didn't support MAC OSX 10.5 at current stage.
We will keep our best to release RTL8187L MAC OSX 10.5 driver as soon as possible.
The release schedule is end of February.

Best regards,
Jason

It looks like they will release a driver for Leopard, but we have to wait for another whole month!

nemof

nemof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I can add that I have the same problem as everyone else - connects for a few seconds then disconnects again. Bring on Feb if they are going to release drivers for 10.5!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy