870 replies to this topic

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

FormerlyKnownAs,
This KP seems from Realtek's driver... Care to try with mine ?

I can see that - Was using your driver previously and I went straight back to it :P works great in 32 and 64. Can't test WOL ATM as my GPU isn't posting video on wake (Fault of GPU.)!
2.0.4 worked perfectly for me - in 32bit.

Only problem I see with you driver is, on boot, a slightly longer time from seeing my desktop to the NIC being active. Maybe 30 seconds.
IPv4 settings in manual.

D

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I can see that - Was using your driver previously and I went straight back to it ;) works great in 32 and 64. Can't test WOL ATM as my GPU isn't posting video on wake (Fault of GPU.)!
2.0.4 worked perfectly for me - in 32bit.

:P

Only problem I see with you driver is, on boot, a slightly longer time from seeing my desktop to the NIC being active. Maybe 30 seconds.
IPv4 settings in manual.

That's very interesting !
Care to report that in http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64 (I'm using their forum to track issues) ?
Installing debug version and posting there the kernel.log will be much appreciated !

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
RTL8101E/8102E Support? - 0x10ec, 0x8136? "Self-assigned IP issue"

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

RTL8101E/8102E Support? - 0x10ec, 0x8136? "Self-assigned IP issue"

Currently unsupported. Support is planned though.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
The Inx2mac kext broke Camtwist for me and Safari freeze up after a minute or so. But before it freezes it seems it goes a bit faster though. I have the Asus P6T SE mobo with the 8111C onboard.

Edit: I just rebooted without this kext and still my comp is acting strange and no still Camtwist. What´s more is the ##### app recommended over there just don´t show up anywhere when it´s installed can´t even search/spotlight for it. Great guess its back to doing a fresh SL installation again.

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

The Inx2mac kext broke Camtwist for me and Safari freeze up after a minute or so. But before it freezes it seems it goes a bit faster though. I have the Asus P6T SE mobo with the 8111C onboard.

Edit: I just rebooted without this kext and still my comp is acting strange and no still Camtwist.

Weird... How did you install it ?
Was it behaving well before that ?

What´s more is the ##### app recommended over there just don´t show up anywhere when it´s installed can´t even search/spotlight for it. Great guess its back to doing a fresh SL installation again.

##### is just an installer developed by the guys at the tonymacx86 forum, that all it does is copy the kexts on your desktop to S/L/E and rebuild kext caches.
You won't find it installed anywhere.

If you have problems to report, please head to: http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64

Thanks,

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Weird... How did you install it ?
Was it behaving well before that ?

##### is just an installer developed by the guys at the tonymacx86 forum, that all it does is copy the kexts on your desktop to S/L/E and rebuild kext caches.
You won't find it installed anywhere.

If you have problems to report, please head to: http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. Since I did´nt find a way to start up ##### I used kexthelper. Everything was working before I´ve been using this comp for broadcasting over at JTV for over a month now. I use Camtwist and FMLE 3.1 for my cast.

My gear:
Asus P6T SE mobo
i7 930 cpu
6 gig 1600 memory
Sata Drives
7300 gs 512 mb pcie videocard
Black Magick Intensity Pro capturecard
Panasonic HD videocam (hdmi)

As I said all worked ok before but as always you want it to be better. So since I´ve had probs with my cast slowing down in higher resolutions (1280*720) when I use an aditional USB webcam + the panasonic I´ve been thinking it could be cause of some USB realted problem, I figured this realteckdriver might fix it. Thats why I decided to try it.

Ok so you mean I just drop the kexts on the desktop reboot and the kexts gets installed automaticly?

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Thanks for the reply. Since I did´nt find a way to start up ##### I used kexthelper.

Same purpose.

Ok so you mean I just drop the kexts on the desktop reboot and the kexts gets installed automaticly?

No.
With #####, you'd just drop the kexts on your Desktop and execute #####.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Ok I rebuilt caches with pfix and it´s working now, first glance of it in action I can´t see much of a difference though but I´ll testdrive it for a bit see what happens.

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Currently unsupported. Support is planned though.

Would love to be a tester for the driver... :D

PPreMiuMM

PPreMiuMM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hmmm, after installing your driver, PC hangs on "DSMOS has arrived" .. why ??

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hmmm, after installing your driver, PC hangs on "DSMOS has arrived" .. why ??

PPreMiuMM,

Care to describe your rig ?

Have you rebuilt caches ?

Also, make sure to remove the following (if found), and rebuild caches after that:
/Extra/IONetworkingFamily.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000SL.kext

If you still have problems with this, please report them in: http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

PPreMiuMM

PPreMiuMM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

PPreMiuMM,

Care to describe your rig ?

Have you rebuilt caches ?

Also, make sure to remove the following (if found), and rebuild caches after that:
/Extra/IONetworkingFamily.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000SL.kext

If you still have problems with this, please report them in: http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Okay, i removed these kexts. But anyway i need Internet. What should i do ? ;)

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Okay, i removed these kexts. But anyway i need Internet. What should i do ? ;)

1) Without knowing your specs there's not much I can do...
2) Please report the problem in: http://www.tonymacx8...wforum.php?f=64

PPreMiuMM

PPreMiuMM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
OOOh, i understood! My network card is not RTL8168 - Its RTL8167 :D !!!!!!!! Would you support this network card?I really need internet :(

Network Card:

Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller (RTL8167)
Hardware ID's : PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8167&SUBSYS_820D1043&REV_10

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

OOOh, i understood! My network card is not RTL8168 - Its RTL8167 !!!!!!!! Would you support this network card?I really need internet

Not at this time...
The 8167 is part of the 8169 family, whereas my driver targets the 8168...

Sorry.

ebbot

ebbot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey lnx2mac, thank you for your work with the Realtek driver!! I've been testing it now for a few days in 64bit, and it works just great! I got kernel panics with the new official driver, and the other "IONetworkingFamily" worked but very erraticly. On my machine (Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2 FB, i7-930, 6GB Corsair) it only worked (sometimes) when booting verbose, and overall very weird behavior. :)

Your work is much appreciated!

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Ok I am really really really REALLY new to this. I am thinking of installing a hackintosh and I am trying to get all the drivers first so I dont have to go looking later. I have a Realtek 8111C lan driver on my Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H (AMD) and I was wondering if these drivers will work with my lan first of all. and how I install it. OFF TOPIC ABOUT AMD: I heard that you cannot just update directly with AMD (from the little update thing built into mac) I have to do some other kernal process... is this true? I am trying to install Snow Leopard btw (non-retail).

lnx2mac

lnx2mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Ok I am really really really REALLY new to this. I am thinking of installing a hackintosh and I am trying to get all the drivers first so I dont have to go looking later. I have a Realtek 8111C lan driver on my Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H (AMD) and I was wondering if these drivers will work with my lan first of all. and how I install it. OFF TOPIC ABOUT AMD: I heard that you cannot just update directly with AMD (from the little update thing built into mac) I have to do some other kernal process... is this true? I am trying to install Snow Leopard btw (non-retail).

The RTL81xx driver works on the 8111C...
However note that Apple never supported AMD CPUs or chipsets...

StarDust123

StarDust123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

The RTL81xx driver works on the 8111C...
However note that Apple never supported AMD CPUs or chipsets...

Thank you! But can you tell me how to install it or point me to a guide that tells me? I am very new so please pardon me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy