Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

JaS aint releasing a package, im in the process of making one and its now on track after my old cpu went flaky last night, i have a new Core 2 Duo so its all good. Should be out by tonite

JaS aint releasing a package, im in the process of making one... Should be out by tonite

Suggestions:

1) Don't put it on Demonoid - people have to get invites and they are hard to come by right now. How about Pirate Bay?

2) Compression is good (zip or rar). Compressed DMG's are bad if working from Windows or Linux.

3) If you don't want to see your name in a bunch of threads about problems installing the Kiko 10.4.8 update - problems which have nothing to do with the update, leave your name off it - call it the SuperDuper 10.4.8 update or something.

I will use the pirate bay or demonoid. Yah im gonna compress it heaps as much as i can tar, gz and rar no dmg. umm yah i dont wan tppl to be pm'ing me and be like, this doesnt work, that doesnt either so it will be caleld 10.4.8 update

Also as i made the package you have to delte your kextcaches after you install ( I didnt intergrate that feature into packagemaker as i forgot :D)

I wont release it just yet.

wheres it posted at .. demonoid (or whatever) is down for maintance and couldnt locate it at pirates bay ... ill keep looking maybe i just overlooked it ... thanks again.

errrrrrrrrrrrr nm .. i got it :D

Guest bikedude880

Once it finishes, I'll seed until I get a 20:1 ratio. Very nice Kiko, I was checking into those problems (dyld and the other dynamic library) up until I saw this. Thanks for the quick release. :D

No probs, you might have one or two issues where you hang at boot, i dont know what cause these and they are random, but boot in -v then when it hangs type in exit and press enter, then it will continue booing

Guest bikedude880

Huh... I might have to do some testing with the debugger found in the CHUD tools (the one that does it over Firewire.) I'll save that for tommorow morning.

I didnt add any kexts as they gave me errors, i am using 10.4.8 ati kexts, still no qe/ci.

THIS UPDATE DOES NOT WORK WITH AMD -----> I havent patched it for MAD, if any1 is up to the task they can do that but i cant

ok, i added no 10.4.8 kexts, you use the kexts that are on ur system. some 10.4.8 kexts are working but i lost my list of the ones which work and it took me a long time to get those so i cant do it again.

10.4.7 kernel work, well as far as i know the kernel isnt quartz friendly so windowserver doesnt run.