OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

I get some corruption at quicklook (spacebar) on any image this message at log

23/07/13 12:04:48.876 quicklookd[601]: Warning: Cache image returned by the server has size range covering all valid image sizes. Binding: VariantBinding [0x7f9430e08c20] flags: 0x8 binding: FileInfoBinding [0x0x7f9430e086d0] - extension: jpg, UTI: public.jpeg, fileType: JPEG request size:16 scale: 1

23/07/13 12:04:48.877 com.apple.IconServicesAgent[168]: main Failed to composit image for binding VariantBinding [0x7fc0dc8050c0] flags: 0x8 binding: FileInfoBinding [0x0x7fc0dc8053b0] - extension: jpg, UTI: public.jpeg, fileType: ????.

Anyone has this issue?

DP4 update just killed my second display, i cannot boot until login screen when my second display (via HDMI) is connected. everything is working fine before the update.. also installed the graphic update on app store.. i do not now which of them is the culprit of my issue...

anyone else having an issue on their second display?

@ncmontas Could be specific to your gpu but I'm using an amd 6870 where I have to perl patch the controller in order to re enable the second display whenever I update that gets disabled.  It differs for nVidia but it could be an odd change in the DP4 kexts for nVidia cards though it would be more helpful if others with the same gts or gtx 4xx card chimes in with a response if they use dual displays as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@ncmontas Could be specific to your gpu but I'm using an amd 6870 where I have to perl patch the controller in order to re enable the second display whenever I update that gets disabled.  It differs for nVidia but it could be an odd change in the DP4 kexts for nVidia cards though it would be more helpful if others with the same gts or gtx 4xx card chimes in with a response if they use dual displays as well.

I have the same issue with HDMI port on my 6850 in DP4. It was OK in DP3 and before. This is the patch I use:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278553-make-asus-eah6850-100-work/

It seems real macs encounter the same bug? :thumbsup_anim:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1612506&page=5

Here is the discussion:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290734-anyone-try-installing-mavericks-dp4/

Anyone here upgrade to DP3 from DP1 and it shutsdown just before GUI loads?

I had this problem several times yesterday, but while updating from DP1 to DP4 with the combo updater. Today, I went from DP1 to DP2 to DP3 to DP4 via software update, and everything is working fine, no problems at all. I usually update my hackintosh with software update, but since it seems to be "hackintosh wisdom" to use combo updaters, I thought I would give it a shot, since I already downloaded the combo updater. Turns out combo updaters are not that good after all =)

Instead of saving two hours by not doing the install and three updates one after another, I wasted more than three hours yesterday reinstalling and trying again with different settings (NullCPUPM etc.) =)

I noticed that MO 2011 for Mac terribly detains and brakes, that is the letters are one second slow during the work with a document which consist 10-15 pages. It happens after working with formulae. Does anybody have this problem too? With new documents everything is fine.

It happens with XPC and Clover either.

Updated my Z68. Just had to do the usual repatch of my ALC892. I still have the issue where jpgs/pngs display garbled in Preview, but fine in Quicklook (it's the opposite to PoisonApple666's issue).

Volumes are still not sorted alphabetically in the sidebar. This has been broken since DP1. Guess it's staying this way.

iBooks looks nice. No more fake shadows to make it look like a real book. Hopefully this carries over into the iOS 7 version. It's the only skeumorphic element in iOS I hated.

It's still far from final but getting real nice.

- Wireless keyboard out of power displays a nice battery icon in the task bar next to the bluetooth icon
- Some localizations are not done yet though I believe it always was in the ML DP's
- This update breaks voodoohda unfortunately, my setup was dsdt free + almost kext free

- Sleep from power button is still not back

- iCloud does work correct now, I had issues loging in
- Now playing notification in iTunes, mixed feelings about that one.

- Tags working correct once again, couldn't remove an existing tag

- Shutting down is fast once again, would take ages from time to time

Ah well it's a step forward but it sucks both a patched AppleHDA I have + VoodooHDA are no longer working

Edit:

The problem with VoodooHDA is the HDAEnabler.dylib from chameleon is no longer working, upon deleting AppleHDA.kext everything works fine again.

I'm running DP5. It did not break VoodooHDA for me. I have been listening to iTunes Radio. It's like Pandora but I haven't run into any ads yet. Maybe it's a future feature.

I haven't noticed any strangeness in graphics but I'm running on an older 280 GTX.

-MH

OK, I did get a short ad.

Power button sleeping is working on this machine.

-MH

I have to use a manual disabler.kext but VoodooHDA works after that just fine.
Before I did not need a disabler and before I also had the option of using a patched AppleHD.
Something has changed but just can't figure out what.

The power button may work, but it's still not back in the preference pane.
As in this picture posted before:
 prdPexN.png

It's still far from final but getting real nice.

- Wireless keyboard out of power displays a nice battery icon in the task bar next to the bluetooth icon

- Some localizations are not done yet though I believe it always was in the ML DP's

- This update breaks voodoohda unfortunately, my setup was dsdt free + almost kext free

- Sleep from power button is still not back

- iCloud does work correct now, I had issues loging in

- Now playing notification in iTunes, mixed feelings about that one.

- Tags working correct once again, couldn't remove an existing tag

- Shutting down is fast once again, would take ages from time to time

Ah well it's a step forward but it sucks both a patched AppleHDA I have + VoodooHDA are no longer working

Edit:

The problem with VoodooHDA is the HDAEnabler.dylib from chameleon is no longer working, upon deleting AppleHDA.kext everything works fine again.

Would you mind posting that icon for low battery here?

And what's notification for iTunes? 

Would you mind posting that icon for low battery here?

And what's notification for iTunes? 

Notification here: Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.27.

In notification center.

Also iTunes Radio works for me in iTaly with a itunes store account made for USA!

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.30.

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.31.

I'm having iMessage problems with DP5. Upon launching the new login window appears where my e-mail is already entered but there is no password field. Then I click 'Done' at the bottom then spinning wheel and nothing. Sometimes when I launch iMessage the login window doesn't appear but i can go to Messages -> Preferences and I can log in from there but not always. :) So it's pretty inconsistent for me, dunno if it's a bug or hackintosh related. Prior to DP5 it was working fine.