OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Just a warning to those who want to update to the latest beta release of 10.11.2 (3rd release). Ended up installing this update and could not boot after installation. Back on 10.11.2 (2nd release)

I have no problem with this update, in fact, this was the smoothest update I had with El Capitan to date.

Out of curiosity for those running El Cap on QUO .. when i tried it on another partition..i did experience insanely long shutdown times .. lt says CPU halted but it actually power down at least 1 minute later. 

How are your shutdown times ?

Normal

Out of curiosity for those running El Cap on QUO .. when i tried it on another partition..i did experience insanely long shutdown times .. lt says CPU halted but it actually power down at least 1 minute later. 

How are your shutdown times ?

Mine were pretty long before I updated to 10.11.1 . Seems much better even now on 10.11.2 (second beta release)

I know there will be a new Oz, so I guess there will be a new BIOS with at least a new Oz version ... 

How do you know and how trustworthy is that source?

________

On another topic:

At page 101, 102 I was searching a solution to my 8x problem but after being insulted more than helped, I didn't bother to post my workaround to the bug in the bios.

If anyone else is having the same issue, here is the fix:

I had problems with my GX960 going into 8x mode in one of my pcie slots. No matter what settings I had, nor reflash/reset/clr cmos -bios helped.

What I had to do was to put the GTX960 in the pci-e i wanted to use, then reset bios/clr cmos. After that everything went smooth. I you have it in the other pcie while you reset, it won't work.

How do you know and how trustworthy is that source?

King said it's being worked on and it'll be released when it's released. Could be next week, could be six months from now. Non of us plebs knows. But King's in with the devs (or is one of the devs, not sure), so it's about as trustworthy as it gets. For the love of God don't ask him for a release date unless you're a masochist. He knows his {censored}, but doesn't like repeating himself.

Yes Oz does process Defaults.plist .... you have to Zap PRAM for SMBIOS in Defaults.plist to kick in.

Great thanks. So by zap PRAM you mean the 4 finger salute to clear NVRAM right? Don't see a mention of PRAM in the read me. And I have to redo the defaults plist now since I did a clean install with Clover. I should only have to change values for the regular SMBIOS stuff that can be done in NVRAM, correct? I think it's like 5 or 6 different things. There's a bunch more in the default plists I've been able to dig up. Just want to make sure I do it right.

How do you know and how trustworthy .

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/291655-Ozmosis/page__view__findpost__p__2175255

Great thanks. So by zap PRAM you mean the 4 finger salute to clear NVRAM right? Don't see a mention of PRAM in the read me. And I have to redo the defaults plist now since I did a clean install with Clover. I should only have to change values for the regular SMBIOS stuff that can be done in NVRAM, correct? I think it's like 5 or 6 different things. There's a bunch more in the default plists I've been able to dig up. Just want to make sure I do it right.

Yes, Command-Option-P-R

Unless Clover wiped your EFI partition if you had a Defaults.plist on it it should still be there..

King said it's being worked on and it'll be released when it's released. Could be next week, could be six months from now. Non of us plebs knows. But King's in with the devs (or is one of the devs, not sure), so it's about as trustworthy as it gets. For the love of God don't ask him for a release date unless you're a masochist. He knows his {censored}, but doesn't like repeating himself.

"A new version of Ozmosis will be released when is ready for release!"

Can't help myself thinking of Duke Nukem Forever ^^

Keeping my fingers crossed.

@King or any developer, or anyone monitoring this thread:

If the BIOS is being touched and updated, can we please have WOL? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

I really need to turn my machine remotely often and, right now, no way to do it :(

WOOOOOWW ! Thanks to developers

Yeaaaah ... Is this a Beta or the official Release?

It looks like an official one, here is the change log:

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2N.OZ1669M - BASED ON Z77MXQUOAOS.F2N BIOS

BIOS:
  UPDATED CPU MicroCode SandyBridge 6A7-29/IvyBridge 6A9-1B
  UPDATED OROM/EFI IRST RAID for SATA - v14.6.0.2285
  UPDATED EFI GOP Driver IvyBridge - 3.0.1027 / SandyBridge - 2.0.1024
  UPDATED HermitShell with SETVAR application/fixed BCFG application

OZMOSIS:
  FIXED All reported bugs
  ADDED RAID and El Capitan support

When i use the link in the Private Pastie i see a download side

is this right? or must click a other button :(

Use the link that Qᴜad posted above. Some download sites try to force crappy downloaders on you and this looks like one of them. When I downloaded it on Windows it tried to give me a exe file so I cancelled that and pasted the url into jdownloader to get the proper zip file.