OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

After the update i can boot my El Capitan hdd while i cannot boot the Windows 10 hdd anymore. In boot selection screen i select Windows boot manager than nothing, screen stay black. I had to reinstall the previous bios in order to boot Windows . Anyone had this problem?

It does not work for me. After update, it shows only black screen = no output, nothing. I had to recover BIOS from backup.

Same issue black screen on both quo board and normal z97 board 

edit: fixed wit injectorkext.ffs and disablerkext.ffs 

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2N.OZ1669M - BASED ON Z77MXQUOAOS.F2N BIOS

This is interesting .. we go from H3C to H2N based on F2N (one wonders about SLI under Win).

Not a good time for me to test it right now but will try to upgrade once i am done with my current project.

Can't wait to see more reports on the new BIOS  from fellow users about :

Fusion Drive

RAID drive

Installing El Cap from scratch

Upgrading Y to El Cap

Filevault (boot drive)

AirPlay 

My thanks to anyone who contributed to the new release.

Cleaned last Off Topic posts. Please make a report when this happen again.

Yes but you left the one that made the offtopic, I will quote those.

same issue black screen 

Flash BIOS using integrated GPU, then do BIOS setup, and replug your dedicated graphics card!

This should do the trick!

^^ This one.

I've got just one bug: in "About this Mac" my Quo shows 24GB 1600MHz DDR3 (three parts), not the real 16GB (two parts)..

Looks like there is a bug on SMBios.

It does not work for me. After update, it shows only black screen = no output, nothing. I had to recover BIOS from backup.

From your signature seems you tested the BIOS and not something else...

Post your configuration like number/what displays you have and connected to what ports(Internal GPU? Dedicated GPU? Both?)

Also bdmesg(darwindumper) before flash will help.

Yes but you left the one that made the offtopic, I will quote those.

Sure, it will be so

THe KING consider (if you are intrested in) to share the uncompressed layoutX.xml, the PathMaps and the pinconfiguration (as well for custom bin patch) used to patch AppleHDA on QUO mobo.. look here, I can add to it to automate the process (also the app can update remotely in case of changes)...

From your signature seems you tested the BIOS and not something else...

Post your configuration like number/what displays you have and connected to what ports(Internal GPU? Dedicated GPU? Both?)

Also bdmesg(darwindumper) before flash will help.

I am using internal GPU with DisplayPort cable. First I thought that could be Thunderbolt/DisplayPort problem, so I tested same display with HDMI cable and got same results after restart. There is complete dupm from DarwinDumper https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29924102/DarwinDumper_2.9.9.1_Apple_X64_Yos.zip

Now, I am back on H3C.1479. 

Thank you.

You. I quote your post.

Ah. Sorry.

I tried Z77MXQUOAOS.H2N.OZ1669M that I found on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/223f012b.

I am sorry for misunderstanding If you needed something else from me.

Thank you.

Sure, it will be so

THe KING consider (if you are intrested in) to share the uncompressed layoutX.xml, the PathMaps and the pinconfiguration (as well for custom bin patch) used to patch AppleHDA on QUO mobo.. look here, I can add to it to automate the process (also the app can update remotely in case of changes)...

Everything you may need is on WIKI

Pin configurations are done by Ozmosis at boot time depending if AppleHda or VoodooHda is used.

Since voodoohda works from BIOS I dont see the need of patching applehda anymore since voodoo take cover of built in audio while applehda cover the discreet gfx part, they work together pretty well.

But however do whatever you like...

I am using internal GPU with DisplayPort cable. First I thought that could be Thunderbolt/DisplayPort problem, so I tested same display with HDMI cable ...

And the display is?

Same display works with original F2N BIOS(that came with the board)?

Yes, it works with the backup BIOS without any problems. It is an old LG Flatron L2000CN.

Weird I don't see any Displayport or HDMI on that monitor, only VGA and DVI

Are you using adaptors?

The monitor you are using does not have standard aspect ratio and may cause issues...

As I see it can be from 2 updated drivers Intel UEFI GOP driver or HermitCsMVideo.

Try to replace them one by one with those from working BIOS until you locate the bug...
You can also try to set with AMIBCP  on display initialisation to Legacy only on BIOS and flash/test.

Weird I don't see any Displayport or HDMI on that monitor, only VGA and DVI

Are you using adaptors?

The monitor you are using does not have standard aspect ratio and may cause issues...

As I see it can be from 2 updated drivers Intel UEFI GOP driver or HermitCsMVideo.

Try to replace them one by one with those from working BIOS until you locate the bug...
You can also try to set with AMIBCP  on display initialisation to Legacy only on BIOS and flash/test.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I use DP -> DVI adapter.

I have not the knowledge to replace the drivers. Could you please direct me to the source (url or topic here) where I can find the way to work with it and replace the drivers?

I will try to find other display and test the bios with it. It would be easiest way to solve the issue.

Thank you again.

Yes, I use DP -> DVI adapter.

Why?

The board have DVI port, why you are not using it?

Using MiniDisplayPort adapters is a very bad idea, and 99.9 % cases will lead to problems.

For example I have native DisplayPort Retina Display, using MDP->DP adaptor make it unusable for boot display, it gets kicked when in OS but not usable at BIOS level.

Why?

The board have DVI port, why you are not using it?

Using MiniDisplayPort adapters is a very bad idea, and 99.9 % cases will lead to problems.

For example I have native DisplayPort Retina Display, using MDP->DP adaptor make it unusable for boot display, it gets kicked when in OS but not usable at BIOS level.

DVI cable was damaged and I had this adapter available.

Thank you for this information.

Everything you may need is on WIKI

Pin configurations are done by Ozmosis at boot time depending if AppleHda or VoodooHda is used.

Since voodoohda works from BIOS I dont see the need of patching applehda anymore since voodoo take cover of built in audio while applehda cover the discreet gfx part, they work together pretty well.

But however do whatever you like...

Roger, so nothing will be done. I asked only because I had seen a package to update AppleHDA for the QUO mobo somewhere. But I understand now that is a deprecated thing.