OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

try re applying the patch and reboot

I just did so and still nothing. Under System Preferences > Sound > Output Only Apple TV - Airplay is listed no Line-Out, Digital Out, Built In Audio etc.

what does it say in Applications/utilities /AUDIO audio MIDIsetup

this is what i have in about my mac

Devices:

Built-in Microphone:

Default Input Device: Yes

Input Channels: 2

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Current SampleRate: 44100

Transport: Built-in

Built-in Line Input:

Built-in Output:

Output Channels: 2

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Digital Output:

HDMI:

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Current SampleRate: 48000

Transport: HDMI

Logitech Camera:

Input Channels: 1

Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer

Current SampleRate: 16000

Transport: USB

Multi-Output Device:

Manufacturer: Apple, Inc.

Transport: Unknown

what does it say in Applications/utilities /AUDIO audio MIDIsetup

this is what i have in about my mac

Devices:

Built-in Microphone:

Default Input Device: Yes

Built-in Line Input:

Built-in Output:

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Digital Output:

HDMI:

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Transport: HDMI

Logitech Camera:

Input Channels: 1

Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer

Current SampleRate: 16000

Transport: USB

Multi-Output Device:

Manufacturer: Apple, Inc.

Transport: Unknown

The only device listed is

AirPlay

Source Apple TV

Format: 44100.0 Hz

2CH-16bit Integer

I was having various sleep state issues, as well as issues with the Sata II ports with my MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC installed. Worked fine without discrete graphics.

Overall performance was great. I placed my rig in a work environment under heavy load with three months of uptime. Stellar performance.

With 894M my sleep and Sata port problems are gone. Works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Having trouble with VLC and Perian playback of mkv files 720p and 1080p. At times the video stutters, slows down a bit, then catches back up. Audio stays synced. It's become very annoying. Doesn't matter if streaming from NAS or local hd. System is:

Mavericks OSX 10.9.3

Quo motherboard

894M bios

Intel i5 3570K

16 gigs ram

1tb WD harddrive

Gigabit ethernet hardwire cat6 cable

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2048MB GDDR5 128bit, Dual Dual-Link DVI, Mini HDMI, Graphics Card

Samsung tv as monitor connected to graphics card via HDMI

Latest CUDA drivers for mac installed

Note that Perian playback of mkv files is almost impossible- it starts a conversion process that goes on forever, which isn't experience I had with other hackintosh builds with OSX 10.6.8, gigabyte mobo, ati ba tmobile 5770. I wonder if this is related to bios setting a for internal graphics, which are auto selected to the graphics card. But had a heck of a time configuring for some unknown reason and eventually had to reinstall bios after video card install. The gtx 650 is a refurb, but passes all testing and does not stutter in any other application including graphics benchmarking- works great in fact. Just having trouble with this one issue. Very much appreciate any suggestions/insights.

Thanks,

QmanJack

Having a little fun with bc and pi on my QUO based system.  See how fast you can calculate PI on your Mac with a scale of 5000.

From the command line:

mac1$  time echo "scale=5000 ; 4*a(1)" |bc -l -q |tail -1

real  0m15.045s  :shock:

I haven't been able to beat this on some beefy linux servers standalone (32 was fastest) or virtual or even a power7 aix vm (40 seconds)

Enjoy

• Like 1

Good evening all! I have a couple of issues . Id like to see if they can be resolved.

I purchased the QUO motherboard the beginning of this year. Everything has been running well since I purchased the motherboard, but I am noticing a couple issues.  I am unable to flash my motherboards BIOS in Q Flash. Everytime I select the BIOS file in Q Flash, my computer will freeze up. Im also unable to change the CPU speed anymore than 4.6Ghz. I can change the multiplier, but it does not update the CPU speed after I save and reboot. Also, If I change the multiplier to a lower setting, My CPU still retains the same 4.6 ghz speed. anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Good evening all! I have a couple of issues . Id like to see if they can be resolved.

I purchased the QUO motherboard the beginning of this year. Everything has been running well since I purchased the motherboard, but I am noticing a couple issues.  I am unable to flash my motherboards BIOS in Q Flash. Everytime I select the BIOS file in Q Flash, my computer will freeze up. Im also unable to change the CPU speed anymore than 4.6Ghz. I can change the multiplier, but it does not update the CPU speed after I save and reboot. Also, If I change the multiplier to a lower setting, My CPU still retains the same 4.6 ghz speed. anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Bios xxx ???

never flash your bios ???

Bios xxx ???

never flash your bios ???

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.  The bios im on now is 828M. Trying to upgrade to 894M. I flashed 828M in the first couple of days that I had the motherboard. I didnt notice any problems when changing settings in BIOS but then again, I wasnt changing a whole lot. Mainly memory and CPU speeds. Maybe 828m was a bad flash? Ive also tried going to the stock bios settings and stil have issues.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.  The bios im on now is 828M. Trying to upgrade to 894M. I flashed 828M in the first couple of days that I had the motherboard. I didnt notice any problems when changing settings in BIOS but then again, I wasnt changing a whole lot. Mainly memory and CPU speeds. Maybe 828m was a bad flash? Ive also tried going to the stock bios settings and stil have issues.

Unplug the power and remove the battery on the mobo for a couple of minutes to reset the CMOS and try qflash again after restart.

It's probably worth disconnecting all non-essential devices while doing this.

Unplug the power and remove the battery on the mobo for a couple of minutes to reset the CMOS and try qflash again after restart.

It's probably worth disconnecting all non-essential devices while doing this.

So I cleared CMOS and now nothing I do in BIOS is working. I lost my overclock also, I cannot change RAM speeds or CPU speeds. I also tried using Q Flash again and still freezing once I select the new BIOS file. I think maybe I need to contact QUO.. : /

So im back in business. I reformatted a usb stick I had to the FAT filesystem and Q Flash worked great. I didnt realize that Q Flash wouldnt work without the filesystem being FAT. Im able to overclock again also :)

Good stuff!

Hi, need some Help on my Quo-Board.

Using the latest OSX and create a SSDT.aml, what can i do., to get my System to load this ssdt.aml-File..?

Somewhere i read, i have to integrate the ssdt into the DSDT.aml (located in EFI-Volume). How i can do this.. please give me some advice and help..

i read so too, that there is a bug that prevents my system lo load single ssdt.aml, that i have placed in to the EFI-Volume in ACPI/Load/...

Is this right..?

Sorry for my english, i m german... 

Thanks a lot... Rene

Hi, need some Help on my Quo-Board.

Using the latest OSX and create a SSDT.aml, what can i do., to get my System to load this ssdt.aml-File..?

Somewhere i read, i have to integrate the ssdt into the DSDT.aml (located in EFI-Volume). How i can do this.. please give me some advice and help..

i read so too, that there is a bug that prevents my system lo load single ssdt.aml, that i have placed in to the EFI-Volume in ACPI/Load/...

Is this right..?

Sorry for my english, i m german... 

Thanks a lot... Rene

No, it is not right, you are NOT reading proper, probably translating issue.

The path is correct but the table name must not be ssdt.aml, use any xxxx.aml like OEM1.aml in my example(search my posts to find it)

ALMOST bought this m/b but life got in the way

so now 6 months later is quo the best deal ?

is it more stable ie less crashes

does it offer the best value for the least hassles

or is the older gigbyte or other M/B a better deal

I do note boards lke a The GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series is only $99.99 on sale

is the quo board worth the extra 100+ cost ?

as I doNOT need firewire or T/B currently

I do note boards lke a The GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series is only $99.99 on sale

No would be my honest answer, I would actually just get something like an imac. As well as the Quo I have also built a clover based hackintosh, and knowing what I know now I would go that route.

The Quo is very simple to install OSX on though, but you will need to install sound although someone was kind enough to make an app to do that (I think it was THe KiNG).

Maybe you have two ways to do this.

First one, extract Ozmosisdafult from bios, edit it and replace, another one, if your board support nvram writing, you can change model serial and so on using this bunch of commands 

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=MM61.88Z.0106.B00.1208091121
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=Macmini6,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=Macmini
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

if you want to change with other models, use chameleon wizard to get other smbios,plist for others model.

Finally got around to trying this. Got info from Chameleon Wizard and tried setting everything to Mac Pro 5,1, but got a kernel panic on restart so I had to reflash 894. I pulled all the info from CW, so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

Almost to reply you but rhys216 made me laugh so hard that I gave up...

Finally got around to trying this. Got info from Chameleon Wizard and tried setting everything to Mac Pro 5,1, but got a kernel panic on restart so I had to reflash 894. I pulled all the info from CW, so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

Wrong SMBios, you got panic on AppleTyMCEDriver, or move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or use other SMBios definition compatible with your CPU.

Maybe you can try to build your own bios, serch ozmosis thread, i have a h77m form asrock with Quo similar bios in 

So I'm trying to dual boot windows and Mac OSX. I've been running Mac for over 6 month or so and have recently tried to install windows. I've done this countless times on many other systems but can't seem to get it to work on my current one of a friends who also has a quo powered Mac. I'm trying to install 64bit w7 and the bios doesn't even recognize any of the usb boot drives I've plugged in or the DVD I made. I've used various different iso files along with various different programs to make bootable usb drives. Along with multiple usb drives themselves. I've looked around and I don't seem to see anyone with a similar problem so far. Does anyone know why I may be having this problem? Or possibly know of a solution? Also I'm trying to install this on a different drive then my current OS if that matters at all but I don't think it does.